Leaked Emails Show DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Leaked Emails Show DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Protests

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

But but but... We were told that Trumps rhetoric was responsible for this!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/24/leake ... -protests/

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
oaktonhokie

Re: Leaked Emails Show DNC Officials Planned Anti-Trump Prot

Post by oaktonhokie »

I always assumed the demonstrations were spontaneous. Maybe the result of a video.

UpstateSCHokie wrote:But but but... We were told that Trumps rhetoric was responsible for this!

http://dailycaller.com/2016/07/24/leake ... -protests/
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

The Russians must really want Trump to be president.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:The Russians must really want Trump to be president.
Dots...
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Thanks for the latest DNC/Sally Kohn talking point. I've seen the lefties pushing this TP on a lot of other sites in the comments section. It doesn't make the content of the emails any less true.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nichola ... -aid-trump

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:It doesn't make the content of the emails any less true.
You're right, but I don't see any denial of how they were acquired. The Russians hacked and leaked the DNC emails right before their convention in order to embarrass them and cast a positive light on their preferred candidate (hint, not Sanders).

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:
You're right, but I don't see any denial of how they were acquired. The Russians hacked and leaked the DNC emails right before their convention in order to embarrass them and cast a positive light on their preferred candidate (hint, not Sanders).
Russia is serious about fighting Islamic terror and needs a willing ally, not another dope carelessly toppling governments only to cut out before establishing a stable replacement.

But I'm also amused that you're such a DNC stooge as to just divert over the issue. Just another data point of party meaning the most to you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
That's a conversation we can have when there's some evidence supporting it. I don't think you want to go there, though - because if we assume the Russians are the source of wikileaks DNC emails, we also have to assume they're the source of wikileaks' Hillary server emails. That means Hillary is responsible for the identities of covert agents being obtained by the Russians.

As for the motives of Assange - he doesn't have nice things to say about Trump and states the emails show he was specifically targeted by Clinton. We can take that with a grain of salt for now as I don't think he's a trustworthy person, though I'll point out Democrats never questioned his motives when he was releasing Iraq/A-stan war intelligence.

Your implied motives of the Russians (if they are the source) are conjecture until evidence points otherwise as well. They could just as well prefer a Sanders President over all others (that would make some sense). Personally - if we learn they are the source - I think their motives are more to destabilize politics in the west above all else (thus allowing them to run rough-shod over the ME while we clean up the mess at home). The way we prevent that is by not ignoring the rule of law in our country. We do that by letting our court system work the same way for people like Clinton as it does for the little guys.
miles

Post by miles »

HooFighter wrote:
Can we infer that you are disavowing any vast right wing conspiracy involvement in this, or are you still clinging to that one as well?
:lol:
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

miles wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Can we infer that you are disavowing any vast right wing conspiracy involvement in this, or are you still clinging to that one as well?
:lol:
Yeah......that's a doozy......lol.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

#rightwingconspiracyNOWrussianconspiracy

Taillights............. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (72.46 KiB) Viewed 935 times
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Yes, the Russians are to blame for the DNC being crooked and corrupt.

Shameful to try and deflect attention away from the vile tactics. It's not like people haven't been pointing out what a vile snake DWS is for years. Now we know that she was there to help Hillary win. The right thing to do would be for Dems to condemn DWS and all the people involved.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I've got a good friend who is a very long time Democrat. How long :?: When we were at Varina HS he was the Chapter President of the Young Democrats.

I was talking to his wife a bit ago and she said she between the Wiki-Leaks stuff and DW-S being thrown out on her keister she hasn't seen him this upset since Coors stop making Zima :!: :shock: :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.