Bernie is up next

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Bernie is up next

Post by awesome guy »

hoping for some fireworks, though doubt he says anything more than the silly platitudes already spoken by others.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Re: Bernie is up next

Post by awesome guy »

He should have come out swinging a battle ax instead of as an eunuch, castrated by Clinton.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

The old man is putting me to sleep now. Booooooring.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

He's promising that Hillary will stop the sea from rising. Didn't Obama already do that? These Democrats should have stayed awake in science, they're promising to destroy the moon and wind! Tides are high every 12 hours and 25 minutes, the rising sea! Wind can push water in or out too. End winds, destroy the moon they cause the sea to rise!
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I didn't watch any of it, but this morning see lots of pics of Bernie bots in tears. LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:I didn't watch any of it, but this morning see lots of pics of Bernie bots in tears. LOL
He promised his people that Hillary will give them the world -- free college, universal healthcare, a living wage, blah, blah, blah.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I didn't watch any of it, but this morning see lots of pics of Bernie bots in tears. LOL
He promised his people that Hillary will give them the world -- free college, universal healthcare, a living wage, blah, blah, blah.
The burn has yet to mention how he plans to pay for all the freebies, the free college thing alone is a huge tab. But idiots will beleive anything
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
The burn has yet to mention how he plans to pay for all the freebies, the free college thing alone is a huge tab. But idiots will beleive anything
I agree about the free college stuff. It's one of those things that sounds great on paper but simply isn't feasible. Even if it's "free" someone has to pay for it. Kind of like building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. BTW, the timeline for the wall is "so fast it will make your head spin". I do have to chuckle at your last sentence though because the same could be said about a lot of Trump supporters given that he's provided little to no details on many of his positions. Just yesterday he said he'd repeal Obamacare and replace it with "something fabulous". Umm...ok?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
I agree about the free college stuff. It's one of those things that sounds great on paper but simply isn't feasible. Even if it's "free" someone has to pay for it. Kind of like building a wall and making Mexico pay for it. BTW, the timeline for the wall is "so fast it will make your head spin". I do have to chuckle at your last sentence though because the same could be said about a lot of Trump supporters given that he's provided little to no details on many of his positions. Just yesterday he said he'd repeal Obamacare and replace it with "something fabulous". Umm...ok?
we need to get our immigration under control one way or another. Couple things on the wall, it is a fixed cost and part of it is already in place, the free college thing is an unknown cost and never stops. You probably don't want to use obamacare as an example, it has been a complete failure. Medical costs continue to rise, insurance prem are rising much faster than before obamacare and we still have a ton of people with no insurance. So replacing it with anything at this point would be an improvement. All obamacare did was add more cost to the system and more tax on everyone.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Hillary says raising taxes on "the rich, those that can afford to pay", and defines it as those making more than $250k. That's a small group so that's going to be a big-ass increase, or else it trickles down to those below (nah, that'll never happen).
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
we need to get our immigration under control one way or another. Couple things on the wall, it is a fixed cost and part of it is already in place, the free college thing is an unknown cost and never stops. You probably don't want to use obamacare as an example, it has been a complete failure. Medical costs continue to rise, insurance prem are rising much faster than before obamacare and we still have a ton of people with no insurance. So replacing it with anything at this point would be an improvement. All obamacare did was add more cost to the system and more tax on everyone.
You completely missed the point. I wasn't arguing for or against any of those things. I was pointing out that Trump has been just as vague as Sanders when it comes to specifics. Yet you claim people who believe Sanders are "idiots"... what does that mean for people who believe Trump? And sure you can claim that "anything" would be better as far as Obamacare goes but "anything" is not an actual solution the same way "something fabulous" isn't.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:we need to get our immigration under control one way or another. Couple things on the wall, it is a fixed cost and part of it is already in place, the free college thing is an unknown cost and never stops. You probably don't want to use obamacare as an example, it has been a complete failure. Medical costs continue to rise, insurance prem are rising much faster than before obamacare and we still have a ton of people with no insurance. So replacing it with anything at this point would be an improvement. All obamacare did was add more cost to the system and more tax on everyone.
Define fixed cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:we need to get our immigration under control one way or another. Couple things on the wall, it is a fixed cost and part of it is already in place, the free college thing is an unknown cost and never stops. You probably don't want to use obamacare as an example, it has been a complete failure. Medical costs continue to rise, insurance prem are rising much faster than before obamacare and we still have a ton of people with no insurance. So replacing it with anything at this point would be an improvement. All obamacare did was add more cost to the system and more tax on everyone.
Define fixed cost.

I'm guessing he means a wall, once completed, is done & paid for. A "pay for college" program would have costs ad infinitum, as all social welfare programs do; there's no end point. I'm guessing that's what he meant.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

I'm guessing he means a wall, once completed, is done & paid for. A "pay for college" program would have costs ad infinitum, as all social welfare programs do; there's no end point. I'm guessing that's what he meant.
If that's how he meant, he would be wrong that it's a fixed cost.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

Nope. Something like a wall is a classic example of a fixed cost.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:Nope. Something like a wall is a classic example of a fixed cost.
You're asserting this would be the first construction project in history in which there would be zero costs after completion. God, I love UWS. :lol:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Nope. Something like a wall is a classic example of a fixed cost.
You're asserting this would be the first construction project in history in which there would be zero costs after completion. God, I love UWS. [emoji38]
You're simply a boob. Glad I nor anyone I know uses your "accounting" services. You're embarrassing to your profession.

http://www.investopedia.com/terms/f/fixedcost.asp
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
You're asserting this would be the first construction project in history in which there would be zero costs after completion. God, I love UWS. [emoji38]
You're simply a boob. Glad I nor anyone I know uses your "accounting" services. You're embarrassing to your profession.

I'm pretty sure any other competent accountant, especially one with any experience in construction or real estate, would laugh at your assertion that the construction of a southern border wall is a fixed cost.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

I'm pretty sure any other competent accountant, especially one with any experience in construction or real estate, would laugh at your assertion that the construction of a southern border wall is a fixed cost.
That's just another stupid statement by you.You're uncle must be the boss or something like that as no one would hire an accountant that doesn't understand fixed costs. Totally incompetent.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

a construction project has a cost, yes there can be overruns but it is not forever as a free college program would be. And you can do a construction project on a fixed cost contract, you usually pay more at the start but it is on the contractor to make the project work on time and on budget
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

so there is no timeline or cost in the contract for construction... really? Have you ever built a building? There is a cost associated with it that is only changed by a valid change order and there is a timeline, it does not go on forever
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

OK, a large upfront fixed cost for initial construction and a much smaller on-going annual maintenance/repair cost. How's that?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

not sure a wall needs a large expenditure for annual maint..... no moving parts

OK, a large upfront fixed cost for initial construction and a much smaller on-going annual maintenance/repair cost. How's that?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

That's still fixed cost. He seems to think fixed means final cost. It just means the cost isn't coupled with use or utility. For example, you pay 1 million to make it and 200k to maintain and staff it annually, regardless of utility. The opposite is variable costs. That would be things coupled with output, like in a factory, the raw materials needed to make your product. In this case, it's all fixed cost.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

133743Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Define fixed cost.

Define small.