JV team never learns

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

JV team never learns

Post by awesome guy »

When they attacked the gay nightclub in Orlando, not too many really cared. They're making the same mistake by threatening to attack the Washington DC and NOVA area. Most people will have the same reaction of "um yeah, terrible, I guess". They should learn to pick targets that US citizens would care about if attacked.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news ... ed-8500399
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieFanDC

Re: JV team never learns

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:When they attacked the gay nightclub in Orlando, not too many really cared. They're making the same mistake by threatening to attack the Washington DC and NOVA area. Most people will have the same reaction of "um yeah, terrible, I guess". They should learn to pick targets that US citizens would care about if attacked.

Most people will care. Sure, there will be a few whackjobs that are ho hum about some Americans being hurt, but most Americans are actually good people that care about all Americans.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:When they attacked the gay nightclub in Orlando, not too many really cared. They're making the same mistake by threatening to attack the Washington DC and NOVA area. Most people will have the same reaction of "um yeah, terrible, I guess". They should learn to pick targets that US citizens would care about if attacked.

Most people will care. Sure, there will be a few whackjobs that are ho hum about some Americans being hurt, but most Americans are actually good people that care about all Americans.
Good people struggle making hey when bad people have bad things done to them. Just like Orlando, a DC attack will soon be forgotten.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

the attacks are happening so frequently now that is why people are so ho hum about them now. france has had 4 in less than two weeks, it is coming to the US, just a matter of time
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Good people struggle making hey when bad people have bad things done to them. Just like Orlando, a DC attack will soon be forgotten.
Are you saying the attackers are bad people or the victims are bad people? And I agree with DC, the average American cares about other Americans being hurt and killed.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:

the attacks are happening so frequently now that is why people are so ho hum about them now. france has had 4 in less than two weeks, it is coming to the US, just a matter of time
True. But San Bernardino had everyone changing their FB pic to the CA state flag, Paris had French flag, Orlando had [oh, ummm, that's bad], the TX and LA flags as BLM murdered cops. There's certainly a normalcy around blacks and Muslims committing acts of violence, but Orlando was also marginalized. After all, 1 shooter killed 49 people. And it's sad because 50 souls went to hell due to what they were doing and where they were. I think that's why folks were quite as it's rude to say as people are grieving. Same thing happens with a NOVA attack.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

True. But San Bernardino had everyone changing their FB pic to the CA state flag, Paris had French flag, Orlando had [oh, ummm, that's bad], the TX and LA flags as BLM murdered cops. There's certainly a normalcy around blacks and Muslims committing acts of violence, but Orlando was also marginalized. After all, 1 shooter killed 49 people. And it's sad because 50 souls went to hell due to what they were doing and where they were. I think that's why folks were quite as it's rude to say as people are grieving. Same thing happens with a NOVA attack.
So you don't think the 49 people killed were wonderful Americans?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Move along junior
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Move along junior
No thanks, I'd prefer you answer the question. But short of that (because you never answer any questions directly) I'm going to call you out on your ridiculously hateful post that sounds like something Westboro Baptist Church would say.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Move along junior
No thanks, I'd prefer you answer the question. But short of that (because you never answer any questions directly) I'm going to call you out on your ridiculously hateful post that sounds like something Westboro Baptist Church would say.
that is not hateful, per his religious beliefs the folks in Orlando were committing sin so yes per the scripture they were going to hell upon death. For me I think you either get burned to ashes at the crematorium or get put in the dirt six fee under but I am not religious.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Move along junior
You're too stupid for this conversation.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
that is not hateful, per his religious beliefs the folks in Orlando were committing sin so yes per the scripture they were going to hell upon death. For me I think you either get burned to ashes at the crematorium or get put in the dirt six fee under but I am not religious.
No it's hateful and disrespectful. But I'll play along for the sake of discussion. Is he assuming all 49 people who died were gay? Or is the act of being at a gay bar enough to get you into hell? Or is it simply being at a bar?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Based off the reaction in the States, the worst thing Isis could do is go on a lion hunt in Zimbabwe.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Seriously, though....what would create more outrage in DC:

3 dead people, or...
3 dead pandas.

???
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:Based off the reaction in the States, the worst thing Isis could do is go on a lion hunt in Zimbabwe.
:lol: :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

You have no idea what their ultimate fate was.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
No it's hateful and disrespectful. But I'll play along for the sake of discussion. Is he assuming all 49 people who died were gay? Or is the act of being at a gay bar enough to get you into hell? Or is it simply being at a bar?

except in religion it is not a matter of hate, it is what some religions believe. As I said I am not religious but I don't fault people for believing what they want to. You should probably be more open minded
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I do though. The Bible is clear on who isn't inheriting the kingdom.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

What if they went to Hville's church? They would just have to tell God they voted on it so everything is cool.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

A lot of assumptions in your post. First, you don't know how many of the people in the nightclub were actually straight, and may have been born again Christians. Second, you don't know how many of the gay people may recently have accepted Christ, and were struggling to leave the lifestyle at that point in time.

Finally, God loves all of his children, even if they are living in sin. He desires that all establish a relationship with Him, so to insinuate He shurgs his shoulders is not scriptural.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Thanks for sharing the socially conservative, Republican view on this.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I'm comfortable assuming people in the gay club are gay and not born again as they're mutually exclusive. God does love all his children, so much that he gave us salvation from our sins. But gays are people rejecting that salvation and that's the greatest tragedy in Orlando. Neither the murderer nor murdered are inheriting the kingdom. It's incredibly sad that so many rejected what was offered before them.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

What if they went to Hville's church? They would just have to tell God they voted on it so everything is cool.
Yeah, but we're not discussing the man-made churches;)
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

except in religion it is not a matter of hate, it is what some religions believe. As I said I am not religious but I don't fault people for believing what they want to. You should probably be more open minded
Christianity doesn't tell anyone to hate sinners. And what you wrote, "the folks in Orlando were committing sin so yes per the scripture they were going to hell upon death", is not true. Committing a sin does not send you to hell.
WestEndHokie39

Post by WestEndHokie39 »

I'm comfortable assuming people in the gay club are gay and not born again as they're mutually exclusive.

Not true. The Pharisees criticized Jesus for interacting with prostitutes and tax collectors. One of the pastors I most admired talked to men in bars. When he was given grief about it, he responded that he was going where the people who needed Jesus were.

Committing a sin does not send you to hell.

Correct.