USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Obama setting aside entire month of Oct to stump for Hillary

Post by USN_Hokie »

#demsgettingnervous

Golf swing hardest hit:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/27/us/po ... .html?_r=1
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Re: Obama setting aside entire month of Oct to stump for Hil

Post by HokieHam »

I thought he was focused like a laser on something......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Another win for Trump
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Serious question...

Who is paying for this? Does he have to take PTO or something? I know govie benefits are cushy but he can take a month off after only 7 years? Wasn't he just on vacation?

And what about the costs of AF1, Secret Service and all that? Who is paying for that for him to be campaigning rather than doing his job?
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Unless he is visiting typical lib echo chambers- California, NY, NOVA, NJ, Ghetto's... this will hurt her more than help, IMHO
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Serious question...

Who is paying for this? Does he have to take PTO or something? I know govie benefits are cushy but he can take a month off after only 7 years? Wasn't he just on vacation?

And what about the costs of AF1, Secret Service and all that? Who is paying for that for him to be campaigning rather than doing his job?
My understanding is twofold...

1) if it is purely campaigning, then the DNC reimburses the USG for costs
2) if he is on USG business and happens to also do campaigning while there then the DNC only gets the portion of the cost for the extra time, etc.
Vienna_Hokie

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:

2) if he is on USG business and happens to also do campaigning while there then the DNC only gets the portion of the cost for the extra time, etc.
I've heard that, but I would like to know what the reimbursement is. Somehow I suspect it's pennies on the dollar of actual cost that was put in place to make it look like taxpayers weren't funding campaign expenses (the joys a two party controlled system).
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

I've heard that, but I would like to know what the reimbursement is. Somehow I suspect it's pennies on the dollar of actual cost that was put in place to make it look like taxpayers weren't funding campaign expenses (the joys a two party controlled system).
Yep. Air Force One costs hundreds of thousands per hour to fly. The DNC will pay a fraction. Meanwhile, the queen will be on the backup plane headed to exotic vacation destinations.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

No, it's the actual costs as I understand it
miles

Post by miles »

whatever-
The incompetent fool is sending a clear signal to enemies of the US that he'll be effing off instead of doing his job.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nope. They try to cost back at a rate similar to what a commercial flight would cost. It's a fraction of the actual cost that us taxpayers pay for. Just for comparison, one hour of Air Force One costs more than Obama makes in a year. They could afford 1.5 hours using 100% of Michele's old do-nothing BOD gig in Chicago. Yes, the DNC and PACs will actually pay the bill, I'm just pointing out that President travel is crazy expensive, well outside the budget of most organizations. A single trip to CA would cost a couple million.
Vienna_Hokie

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Not even close according to this...

When Air Force One is used for political purposes, the president often reimburses the government for the cost of food, lodging and travel. The president or his election campaign pays back an amount that is "equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline," according to the Congressional Research Service.

According to The Associated Press, though, the president or his campaign does not pay for the entire Air Force One operation cost. They pays an amount that is based on the number of people board the airplane. Taxpayers still pick up the cost of Secret Service agents and the operation of Air Force One.

http://uspolitics.about.com/od/Campaign ... e-Cost.htm

Assuming a $500 per ticket commercial airline cost and 20 people flying that would be $10,000. For a flight to the left coast at $188,000 an hour operating cost taxpayers are paying $1.13 mil and being reimbursed $10k. Think about that for second... 11 soldiers, teachers firemen, etc 's annual cost of employment (assuming a fairly generous estimate of $100k a year fully burdened) is spent for the POTUS to politic for his party. No value to the taxpayer, just pushing his personal agenda.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

miles wrote:whatever-
The incompetent fool is sending a clear signal to enemies of the US that he'll be effing off instead of doing his job.
And this is different ... how?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

When Air Force One is used for political purposes, the president often reimburses the government for the cost of food, lodging and travel. The president or his election campaign pays back an amount that is "equivalent of the airfare that they would have paid had they used a commercial airline," according to the Congressional Research Service.

According to The Associated Press, though, the president or his campaign does not pay for the entire Air Force One operation cost. They pays an amount that is based on the number of people board the airplane. Taxpayers still pick up the cost of Secret Service agents and the operation of Air Force One.

Assuming a $500 per ticket commercial airline cost and 20 people flying that would be $10,000. For a flight to the left coast at $188,000 an hour operating cost taxpayers are paying $1.13 mil and being reimbursed $10k. Think about that for second... 11 soldiers, teachers firemen, etc 's annual cost of employment (assuming a fairly generous estimate of $100k a year fully burdened) is spent for the POTUS to politic for his party. No value to the taxpayer, just pushing his personal agenda.
They aren't reimbursing at Expedia rates. They are using full fare first class.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

They aren't reimbursing at Expedia rates. They are using full fare first class.
It's still peanuts. The only air/space craft more expensive to operate is the space shuttle. They're not touching anything close to reimbursement. And the line of official trip vs political is at the discretion of the president, so you know who's getting the full bill.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Nope. They try to cost back at a rate similar to what a commercial flight would cost. It's a fraction of the actual cost that us taxpayers pay for. Just for comparison, one hour of Air Force One costs more than Obama makes in a year. They could afford 1.5 hours using 100% of Michele's old do-nothing BOD gig in Chicago. Yes, the DNC and PACs will actually pay the bill, I'm just pointing out that President travel is crazy expensive, well outside the budget of most organizations. A single trip to CA would cost a couple million.
Stay pissed necks!
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:

Stay pissed necks!
Silly post