Does anyone still not know you can't carry a gun on a plane?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Does anyone still not know you can't carry a gun on a plane?

Post by BigDave »

http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/08/ ... 6664x84899

The TSA confiscated 81 guns last week from passengers' carry-on bags.

This is 2016 ... who in the world still thinks you can still carry a gun on a plane?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Does anyone still not know you can't carry a gun on a pl

Post by nolanvt »

I look forward to the portion of this thread later on where people say that we should be allowed to carry on planes.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:I look forward to the portion of this thread later on where people say that we should be allowed to carry on planes.
We used to be able to
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

BigDave wrote:http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/08/ ... 6664x84899

This is 2016 ... who in the world still thinks you can still carry a gun on a plane?
A large number of people in ATL from what I've read.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2016/08/ ... 6664x84899

with the amount I see in the news I would think it has to be either forgot or thought it was in the checked baggage, but the american public is not the brightest bunch and air travel is a cattle call these days
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I look forward to the portion of this thread later on where people say that we should be allowed to carry on planes.
Why not? I look forward to your answer / rationale.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
We used to be able to
Progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Because I fly, and you necks don't need a gun in a confined aluminum tube traveling 300 mph 40,000 ft in the air.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Because I fly, and you necks don't need a gun in a confined aluminum tube traveling 300 mph 40,000 ft in the air.

Grow a pair pussy. 3000k Americans would be alive today if someone had a gun to kill the 9/11 hijackers.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:Grow a pair pussy. 3000k Americans would be alive today if someone had a gun to kill the 9/11 hijackers.
Let me ask a silly question - if you fire a bullet on a plane and it's a through and through (or you just miss the person completely), it's going to rupture the hull and bring the plane down, right?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Grow a pair pussy. 3000k Americans would be alive today if someone had a gun to kill the 9/11 hijackers.
Let me ask a silly question - if you fire a bullet on a plane and it's a through and through (or you just miss the person completely), it's going to rupture the hull and bring the plane down, right?
That's just in the movies. The cabin will depressurize, air masks deployed, plane lowers to 10k feet and lands. It's a structural breach, but not cataclysmic. If it were, one shot could take down a single airplane.
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

BigDave wrote:

I don't know about you, but I'm a huge fan of rapid decompression.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Why didn't it happen before 9/11 when we could carry on board? Some of y'all never lived in the pre-nurfed world and don't realize everything was ok.
BigDave

Post by BigDave »

awesome guy wrote:Why didn't it happen before 9/11 when we could carry on board? Some of y'all never lived in the pre-nurfed world and don't realize everything was ok.
It was long before 9/11 when guns were banned on airplanes.

But the question here wasn't even about a rogue maniac shooting his gun to try to bring down the plane - it was about a good guy with a gun using his gun to stop a bad guy and whether that act would have the unintended consequence of bringing the plane down.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
BigDave wrote:

so death by not being able to even try and stop a hijacker is better? how?
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Tell that to the passengers defenseless against men with box cutters.

The government apparently agrees with me, which is why they allow pilots, police, and air marshalls....whom you've managed to fly with for years without being harmed.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
We used to be able to
Progress
Howso? Were a lot of people being hurt before the change?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

BigDave wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Why didn't it happen before 9/11 when we could carry on board? Some of y'all never lived in the pre-nurfed world and don't realize everything was ok.
It was long before 9/11 when guns were banned on airplanes.

But the question here wasn't even about a rogue maniac shooting his gun to try to bring down the plane - it was about a good guy with a gun using his gun to stop a bad guy and whether that act would have the unintended consequence of bringing the plane down.
Yeah, not happening unless you're with John McClain. And you could bring a plane on board then.
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

The government apparently agrees with me, which is why they allow pilots, police, and air marshalls....whom you've managed to fly with for years without being harmed.
I'm referring to necks.

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
We used to be able to
Progress
Howso? Were a lot of people being hurt before the change?
planes were dropping out of the air daily from people with no aim..... or a flock of seagulls... SULLY!!!!!
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I'm referring to necks.

all the necks that saved the folks in LA during the flooding, those?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I'm referring to necks.

I don't think they were on an airplane, so no.

ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:
That's just in the movies. The cabin will depressurize, air masks deployed, plane lowers to 10k feet and lands. It's a structural breach, but not cataclysmic. If it were, one shot could take down a single airplane.

My main problem with the "I could stop a terrorist myself with a gun mindset." is that none of us maintains the type of training necessary to be that effective with a handgun in a high stress situation. I know everyone with a concealed carry permit considers themselves a Navy Seal but the reality is that in an emergency situation, you're way more likely to kill one of your fellow passengers or cause that rapid decompression. There's a reason air marshalls are the only ones allowed to do it and that's because that's their job and they can dedicate more hours to training at it than you or I ever could.

Going back to the 9/11 hijackings is also silly. If you were allowed to carry a gun on a plane, don't you think the 9/11 hijackers would ALSO be carrying guns on the plane instead of box cutters? A radicalized person can get a concealed carry permit too.
Last edited by ElbertoHokie on Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: Why not? I look forward to your answer / rationale.

I'm referring to necks.

I don't think they were on an airplane, so no.

Be afraid
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
BigDave wrote:

My main problem with the "I could stop a terrorist myself with a gun mindset." is that none of us maintains the type of training necessary to be that effective with a handgun in a high stress situation. I know everyone with a concealed carry permit considers themselves a Navy Seal but the reality is that in an emergency situation, you're way more likely to kill one of your fellow passengers or cause that rapid decompression. There's a reason air marshalls are the only ones allowed to do it and that's because they

Going back to the 9/11 hijackings is also silly. If you were allowed to carry a gun on a plane, don't you think the 9/11 hijackers would ALSO be carrying guns on the plane instead of box cutters? A radicalized person can get a concealed carry permit too.
That's a bunch of BS. You're making crap up, CCW aren't more likely to kill themselves than the bad guys in such a situation. Total fabrication on your part to justify a silly hatred of guns.