Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Attila T Hun

Re: Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Post by Attila T Hun »

Uprising wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Coperndickus...So brave, so principled. Plus he plays for the 49'ers...What a douche. Of course he can say whatever he wishes, but consequences can be a bitch some times.
Consequences for not being the appropriate amount of "patriotic"? I'm sure the #fascism police will be along reprimand you. Wait... aren't you one of them?
Ah...You and Coperndickus should get married. and have in filmed by LOGO.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Kaep not starting would be because he sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:Coperndickus...So brave, so principled. Plus he plays for the 49'ers...What a douche. Of course he can say whatever he wishes, but consequences can be a bitch some times.
Consequences for not being the appropriate amount of "patriotic"? I'm sure the #fascism police will be along reprimand you. Wait... aren't you one of them?

No gooficus maximus, consequences in his business relationship with his employer. You know, the one who pays his salary.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:Kaep not starting would be because he sucks.

Pretty much, his 'political statement', or whatever the hell it was is just the cherry on top of his stupid sundae.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

HokieJoe wrote:No gooficus maximus, consequences in his business relationship with his employer. You know, the one who pays his salary.
You're not being very supportive of "free expression of ideas". That's what you usually call fascism.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Uprising wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:No gooficus maximus, consequences in his business relationship with his employer. You know, the one who pays his salary.
You're not being very supportive of "free expression of ideas". That's what you usually call fascism.
Derp
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
miles

Post by miles »

Uprising wrote:
Oh God - that is the stupidest comment I've read in some time. It's quite clear you failed to acquire a minimum education in the history of political philosophy and world history of the twentieth century. Continue to play in the shallow end, son. This is above your level of comprehension.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

miles wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Oh God - that is the stupidest comment I've read in some time. It's quite clear you failed to acquire a minimum education in the history of political philosophy and world history of the twentieth century. Continue to play in the shallow end, son. This is above your level of comprehension.
Those are Joe's words. You should be pissed at him. Either way, you'll be pissed.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:Expect the anti-pc culture warriors and self-proclaimed defenders of the first amendment to be pissed. They will probably say things like, "if he doesn't like it, he should leave." Much like when they find out that children aren't required to recite the pledge allegiance.
http://video.foxnews.com/v/509606567700 ... show-clips
What does this have to do with the 1A? Is someone arguing that he should be arrested?
I was clear that I was expect[ing] the same reaction as was given to those who don't recite the pledge in the video: it's required, and if you don't like it, you should leave.
Worst walk back ever. You still don't understand the Constitution, apparently.
You're not surprised. I know I'm not.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

I won't watch the 49ers. If they want to pay Kaepernick the racist, I won't contribute to it.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Must suck to live in a racist country that pays ignorant blacks who can barely read or write millions of dollars, hundreds of times more than teachers or cops or firemen or soldiers, because they are violent playing a game.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Must suck to live in a racist country that pays ignorant blacks who can barely read or write millions of dollars, hundreds of times more than teachers or cops or firemen or soldiers, because they are violent playing a game.
LOL
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Must suck to live in a racist country that pays ignorant blacks who can barely read or write millions of dollars, hundreds of times more than teachers or cops or firemen or soldiers, because they are violent playing a game.
I'll bet you like to think of yourself as a free market conservative.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HooFighter wrote:
Probably more of an "alt-right conservative" who believes in free market principles that benefit the demographics of his choice.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Probably more of an "alt-right conservative" who believes in free market principles that benefit the demographics of his choice.

[emoji38]
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote:
I support his right to say whatever he wants- no matter how stupid. However, the reality is free speech can have consequences. Freedom doesn't negate consequences. Just like I'm free to rob a bank, I'm also liable to go to jail.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

:lol:

Like ALL political groups don't play favorites. Stop reading Twitter and Gawker for your news. It's rotting your ill-formed 'logic' even further.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

Glad you've glommed onto Hillarys! and the Dems new "alt-right" term.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

I see someone has received their DNC talking points.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

Uprising wrote:
miles wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Those are Joe's words. You should be pissed at him. Either way, you'll be pissed.
I don't have anything to apologize for.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

I see someone has received their DNC talking points.
Yep. Nolan glug-glug-glugs that bilge straight from the spigot.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

133743Hokie wrote:Glad you've glommed onto Hillarys! and the Dems new "alt-right" term.
Some of us have been calling attention to the alt-right elements on this board for months. It's not new, and it is an accurate descriptor for a large amount of the regulars around here.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Uprising wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Glad you've glommed onto Hillarys! and the Dems new "alt-right" term.
Some of us have been calling attention to the alt-right elements on this board for months. It's not new, and it is an accurate descriptor for a large amount of the regulars around here.
Bullcrap
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Liberals always resort to racism attacks when they lose the argument on merits. No surprise here.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Uprising wrote:
Yup. The alt-right appeals much more to emotion and isn't really ideologically conservative. The way Levin put it recently is that these types are Populist Nationalists - obviously, there's going to be tinges of racism and bigotry with their behavior.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/04/yes ... f-racists/