Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Colin Kaepernick sits during national anthem

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Liberals always resort to racism attacks when they lose the argument on merits. No surprise here.
Yep
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Glad you've glommed onto Hillarys! and the Dems new "alt-right" term.
Some of us have been calling attention to the alt-right elements on this board for months. It's not new, and it is an accurate descriptor for a large amount of the regulars around here.
Yup. The alt-right appeals much more to emotion and isn't really ideologically conservative. The way Levin put it recently is that these types are Populist Nationalists - obviously, there's going to be tinges of racism and bigotry with their behavior.

http://thefederalist.com/2016/04/04/yes ... f-racists/
Great comedy! I love how he uses Mother Jones as proof. You emotional twits are at least entertaining in your low info and idiotic ramblings. Clearly Hillarys America rattled your cage.
miles

Post by miles »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Liberals always resort to racism attacks when they lose the argument on merits. No surprise here.
Yep
And fascism. Don't forget the fascist label. :lol:

Unlike King, and his teachers, Gandhi and Jesus, who were prepared to plead guilty as charged, be beaten and go to jail. It was a cornerstone of nonviolent protest. Today's conscientious protesters expect to be acquitted, praised, honored and rewarded for their courage, even in violent protests
Conversely, those that offend their politically correct ideology should never be forgiven their transgressions. Nay, they must be pilloried, humiliated, and subject to loss of career, livelihood and their income, if not worse.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Glad you've glommed onto Hillarys! and the Dems new "alt-right" term.
Some of us have been calling attention to the alt-right elements on this board for months. It's not new, and it is an accurate descriptor for a large amount of the regulars around here.
Yup. The alt-right appeals much more to emotion and isn't really ideologically conservative. The way Levin put it recently is that these types are Populist Nationalists - obviously, there's going to be tinges of racism and bigotry with their behavior.

Written by the same folks you called racist xenophobic faux conservative four years ago... Yawn.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

You know what :?: If Kaepernick feels that to show his support for an issue is to refuse to stand during the National Anthem then so be it.

It is his right. Do I agree with it :?: It's none of my business.

He's an employee of the 49er's and what they decide to do about the incident is their business.

If the 49er's are on the tube playing a team I like I'll watch....like normal.

I've already gave this issue 1 minute more than it deserved.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:

Written by the same folks you called racist xenophobic faux conservative four years ago... Yawn.
Huh :?:
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:You know what :?: If Kaepernick feels that to show his support for an issue is to refuse to stand during the National Anthem then so be it.

It is his right. Do I agree with it :?: It's none of my business.

He's an employee of the 49er's and what they decide to do about the incident is their business.

If the 49er's are on the tube playing a team I like I'll watch....like normal.

I've already gave this issue 1 minute more than it deserved.
Yup. Because of Chip Kelly's ego, he'll think he can *fix* Blaine Gabbert, and they'll go with him this year. If Kaep gets cut, it won't probably be because of this national anthem thing.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I'm not a tribalist anymore than the neo-puritanical crytpo-segregationists otherwise known as BLM and various other LWNJ/SJW goofballs who you so devotedly follow.

I don't speak for the 'alt right'; nor do they speak for me. Believing that immigration laws should be followed is not racist. Being willing to deport illegal immigrants is not racist either. Wanting to encourage the business climate in this country, where I live and pay taxes, is not anti-free market. Wanting China to 'pay their way' is not anti-free market.

I'm not interested in flushing our hard won legal sovereignty down the drain for the pipe dreams of the establishment dumb-fvks who would sell this country down the road to pad their pockets based on the lie of world peace when it's nothing more than redistributive 'stability'.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Attila T Hun

Post by Attila T Hun »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:
I'm not a tribalist anymore than the neo-puritanical crytpo-segregationists otherwise known as BLM and various other LWNJ/SJW goofballs who you so devotedly follow.

I don't speak for the 'alt right'; nor do they speak for me. Believing that immigration laws should be followed is not racist. Being willing to deport illegal immigrants is not racist either. Wanting to encourage the business climate in this country, where I live and pay taxes, is not anti-free market. Wanting China to 'pay their way' is not anti-free market.

I'm not interested in flushing our hard won legal sovereignty down the drain for the pipe dreams of the establishment dumb-fvks who would sell this country down the road to pad their pockets based on the lie of world peace when it's nothing more than redistributive 'stability'.
Wow-Very impressive post there Joe...Good job.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
please enlighten us to the meaning of the term "alt-right", and no fair referencing back to the Hillary campaign or some Dem talking points. Off the top of your head.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:Must suck to live in a racist country that pays ignorant blacks who can barely read or write millions of dollars, hundreds of times more than teachers or cops or firemen or soldiers, because they are violent playing a game.
I'll bet you like to think of yourself as a free market conservative.
Probably more of an "alt-right conservative" who believes in free market principles that benefit the demographics of his choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All that aside, Koepernick is calling out cops and service people, who put their lives on the line every day, to protect people like him. There are indeed bodies in the street, and people getting away with murder, but it's not the people he is saying it is. He deserves criticism for being ignorant of facts.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

133743Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
please enlighten us to the meaning of the term "alt-right", and no fair referencing back to the Hillary campaign or some Dem talking points. Off the top of your head.
There is no set meaning of alt-right. But, in general, it is meant to mean the group of people who are pushing back against the establishment republicans. They have all sorts of ideas, and there isn't a single set of beliefs. But, the general thoughts on immigration and US nationalism are pretty common. And the extensive use of memes and terms like cuck, are attributed to alt-right people. We have several people who are heavy users of those two tie-ins. They may not identify with alt-right on purpose, but they certainly resemble a lot of the characteristics most used to identify the alt-right.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:He's in the business of selling himself to the public. His agent is hit hardest. LOL.
His choice, grandstand or just stand or sit or somersault.
This is the correct take.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
There is no set meaning of alt-right. But, in general, it is meant to mean the group of people who are pushing back against the establishment republicans. They have all sorts of ideas, and there isn't a single set of beliefs. But, the general thoughts on immigration and US nationalism are pretty common. And the extensive use of memes and terms like cuck, are attributed to alt-right people. We have several people who are heavy users of those two tie-ins. They may not identify with alt-right on purpose, but they certainly resemble a lot of the characteristics most used to identify the alt-right.
Word usage connotes membership? You're engaged in the same type of mind numbed, bobble head attack the left is coordinating.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Word usage connotes membership? You're engaged in the same type of mind numbed, bobble head attack the left is coordinating.
Or, in other words, I didn't say that word usage connotes membership.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
Or, in other words, I didn't say that word usage connotes membership.
Nope
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:

+1.

The globalist are terrified of Trump......and that means almost everybody in DC.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
Uprising wrote:

+1.

The globalist are terrified of Trump......and that means almost everybody in DC.
Yep. That's the biggest reason the establishment hates him. The other is his team of 40 isn't blowing cash on consultants and the lobbyists don't have a known path to him.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Uprising wrote:
miles wrote:Uprising seems thrilled. He could sit on his butt at Lane Stadium during the anthem if he had the courage of his conviction.
Would you lead the charge to have me fired?
the problem kapernick has is that he has been playing like crap for a couple of years now and got benched last year as he was so bad. So all he is doing is driving himself out of the league that much quicker. But considering how bad he has been playing nobody will miss him.