Anybody going to Bristol?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Anybody going to Bristol?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Looking at the pics on TSL, this seems more and more like a publicity stunt. Will the people in the cheap seats be able to tell that they are watching a football game?
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Re: Anybody going to Bristol?

Post by HokieJoe »

Well of course it's a publicity stunt. But no I'm not going. The mass of humanity will be a fluster cluck.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:Well of course it's a publicity stunt. But no I'm not going. The mass of humanity will be a fluster cluck.
Lots of necks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

We go to Bristol about once a month. :D To the game :?: Nope I'll be watching from the luxury of my Lazy boy chair and Samsung TV. :)

Interesting enough though the next Saturday we have 4 tickets to the ETSU-WCU game at BMS. I doubt we'll go to that one either. :)
Last edited by Major Kong on Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

miles

Post by miles »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Looking at the pics on TSL, this seems more and more like a publicity stunt. Will the people in the cheap seats be able to tell that they are watching a football game?
:lol: Dang, you sure are slow, aren't you?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

miles wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Looking at the pics on TSL, this seems more and more like a publicity stunt. Will the people in the cheap seats be able to tell that they are watching a football game?
World's largest TV screen has been installed. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

miles wrote:
[emoji8]

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Link to pictures?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Link to pictures?
Someone posted them on the football board.

Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Even the 'good' seats will suck. Hell, the best seat in the place will be close to 50 yards from the field.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Even the 'good' seats will suck. Hell, the best seat in the place will be close to 50 yards from the field.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I am going to Notre Dame if any of you freaks want to meet up

“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I am going to Notre Dame if any of you freaks want to meet up

I plan on attending Bristol and ND this year. Also looking at probably going to ASU @ USC. Two iconic stadiums and the biggest CFB game of all time in one season!
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

VisorBoy wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I am going to Notre Dame if any of you freaks want to meet up

I plan on attending Bristol and ND this year. Also looking at probably going to ASU @ USC. Two iconic stadiums and the biggest CFB game of all time in one season!
I'll be at Bristol. I'll be the guy with the VT shirt on. Feel free to come up and ask if I'm HokieFanDC!
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Tailgating will be epic - planning it up now.
#JusticeForNolan
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:

I scored tix to Stanford/USC this year! Stanford games are great, if you like to watch the game. Everyone is 60 and sits the whole game :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Thinking about it
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:

I scored tix to Stanford/USC this year! Stanford games are great, if you like to watch the game. Everyone is 60 and sits the whole game :p

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Nice, so UWS can watch USC lose twice! :)
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Yes I am going and there are no "cheap" seats unless you brought them from the secondary market. Tickets through VT started at 85 dollars each
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Yes I am going and there are no "cheap" seats unless you brought them from the secondary market. Tickets through VT started at 85 dollars each
I hope your seats are next to NokieHokie and Will...
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Yes I am going and there are no "cheap" seats unless you brought them from the secondary market. Tickets through VT started at 85 dollars each

How many tickets did they sell? Good for them.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:
miles wrote:
World's largest TV screen has been installed. :)

Get a front projector!

:D
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

I had tickets but decided to sell them. It would have been cool to say I was there but in terms of actually watching the game it wouldn't have been great... and I really didn't want to deal with the traffic and all that. Plus we seem to play better in neutral site games when I'm not in attendance. I was at the Boise State game and that loss still bugs me.
Last edited by absolutvt03 on Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:Thinking about it
You should hit it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:I had tickets but decided to sell them. It would have been cool to say I was there but in terms of actually watching the game it wouldn't have been great... and I really didn't want to deal with the traffic and all that. Plus we seem to play better in neutral site games when I'm not in attendance. I was at the Boise State game and that loss still bugs me.
VT is certainly better off without you
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.