Uprising defends Kaepernick.. shocked- lol

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Uprising defends Kaepernick.. shocked- lol

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote: I wish many Christians a Merry Christmas. I guess that makes me a Christian.
No, it makes you a "devout muslim" by your own logic.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote: I wish many Christians a Merry Christmas. I guess that makes me a Christian.
LOL
Do you even realize what you just argued? You've confused yourself.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

133743Hokie wrote:He certainly has a right to voice his opinions in the manner he chooses, and shouldn't be crucified for doing so. But conversely the public also ought to be calling him out on the ignorance and blatant falsehoods he spouts as the rationale. If he's going to put himself out there "for the cause" then he needs to be willing to take the slings and arrows of the false statements he makes on its behalf.
What makes you think he's not willing to take the slings?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
LOL
Do you even realize what you just argued? You've confused yourself.
I'm arguing you don't know what you're talking about. You appear to agree.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Dude's about to get Dixie Chick'd. The Dixie Chick's thought they could take the slings, too. Where are they now?

Uprising wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:He certainly has a right to voice his opinions in the manner he chooses, and shouldn't be crucified for doing so. But conversely the public also ought to be calling him out on the ignorance and blatant falsehoods he spouts as the rationale. If he's going to put himself out there "for the cause" then he needs to be willing to take the slings and arrows of the false statements he makes on its behalf.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
I never said he isn't. What I intimated is that they should be expected given his comments.
miles

Post by miles »

Uprising wrote:Given his typical logic:
CFB Apologist wrote:Respecting the nation's flag in which you live - Bad
Easier, more, late term abortions- good
Christianity- bad
Islam- grand
Guns- Bad
violent crime in inner cities- good
Heterosexual- baaaad
Gay/Tranny- good

So given his typical logic, defending this near-illiterate thug disrespecting the people who died for him and the "oppressive" nation that pays him millions is very much par for the course.. you never disappoint uprising
I'm glad I didn't disappoint by "defending" the overtly Christian, "near-illiterate thug."
http://www.christianitytoday.com/gleani ... -2013.html

thug
noun
1. Apparently just a black guy who challenges CFB's comfort zone of acceptable behavior.
thug
THəɡ/
noun
noun: thug; plural noun: thugs; noun: Thug

a violent person, especially a criminal.
synonyms: ruffian, hooligan, vandal, hoodlum, gangster, villain, criminal; More
informaltough, bruiser, hardman, goon, heavy, enforcer, hired gun, hood
"one of Capone's thugs"
historical
a member of a religious organization of robbers and assassins in India. Devotees of the goddess Kali, the Thugs waylaid and strangled their victims, usually travelers, in a ritually prescribed manner. They were suppressed by the British in the 1830s.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

I respect Kaep for at least protesting so visibly. He probably knew there'd be pushback and yet he peacefully protested anyway.

I don't think he chose a proper time/manner to make such a protest (the connection between the nation as a whole and a certain issue isn't very clear or strong), but kudos to him for peacefully protesting for what he believes will make the country better.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

I don't agree with Kaep, but I'm finding the reaction amusing of people calling for boycotts, calling him un-American, a thug, etc.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:I don't agree with Kaep, but I'm finding the reaction amusing of people calling for boycotts, calling him un-American, a thug, etc.
I could understand someone calling a person who "refuses to show pride in a flag representing [the USA]" ..."un-American."
PolyTech

Serious question

Post by PolyTech »

Which is twattier: Making million$ a year in this country and sitting during the national anthem, or calling it "Kaep"?
#JusticeForNolan
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:I don't agree with Kaep, but I'm finding the reaction amusing of people calling for boycotts, calling him un-American, a thug, etc.
I could understand someone calling a person who "refuses to show pride in a flag representing [the USA]" ..."un-American."
Americanism is something much greater. I'd suggest that peaceful protests are more American than sitting during the anthem is unamerican.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Americanism is something much greater. I'd suggest that peaceful protests are more American than sitting during the anthem is unamerican.
I agree with this. I disagree with Kaep's stance, but don't take it to an extent of calling him anti-American like we're seeing with the PC crowd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
I agree with this. I disagree with Kaep's stance, but don't take it to an extent of calling him anti-American like we're seeing with the PC crowd.

You might want to look up the definition of political correctness there, Nolan.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You've committed a logical fallacy. To say that not showing pride in the flag is un-American is not to say that showing pride in the flag defines Americanism.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It appears that would serve you much better.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

USN_Hokie wrote:You've committed a logical fallacy. To say that not showing pride in the flag is un-American is not to say that showing pride in the flag defines Americanism.
He didn't say that.
"You've committed a logical fallacy."
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

It appears that would serve you much better.
Feel free to break it down for me little man. Who is the disadvantaged minority group?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Uprising wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:You've committed a logical fallacy. To say that not showing pride in the flag is un-American is not to say that showing pride in the flag defines Americanism.
He didn't say that.
I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what he said. Why don't you stick to designing bathrooms for transgender kindergarteners.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Uprising wrote:
He didn't say that.
I'm pretty sure that's almost exactly what he said. Why don't you stick to designing bathrooms for transgender kindergarteners.

Uprising uses "logical fallacy" to say "you're right". You just need to be able to translate him, this allows him to still be smug while also being wrong.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Not if it's based on bullshiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HokieJoe wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Which is an opinion.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

nolanvt wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Which is an opinion.
Nah, it's grievance culture oven-baked in victimhood- with a monetary twist!
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson