Kaepernick implosion continues

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Kaepernick implosion continues

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
miles

Re: Kaepernick implosion continues

Post by miles »

:P
the 49ers were 5-11 last year. With idiots like York and Baalke this team won't get better soon. Throw in Chip Kelly, an incoherent Kaepernick, stir the pot, more hilarity ensues. What's the over/under on wins for 2016? 49er fans must be cringing. The organization should hire an oncologist. Chemotherapy? Immune therapy? Maybe Palliative care is the best option, at this time.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I'd deport him to Cuba.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

The Che shirt generation
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

He's the perfect totem for the millennial generation. Half-wits who don't even know enough to know what they don't know.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

HokieJoe wrote:He's the perfect totem for the millennial generation. Half-wits who don't even know enough to know what they don't know.
Of course the ironic thing is The Star Spangled Banner references slaves and its writer was a staunch anti-abolitionist (though he apparently treated his slaves well for what that's worth). I doubt Kaepernick knew any of this though.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

absolutvt03 wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:He's the perfect totem for the millennial generation. Half-wits who don't even know enough to know what they don't know.
Of course the ironic thing is The Star Spangled Banner references slaves and its writer was a staunch anti-abolitionist (though he apparently treated his slaves well for what that's worth). I doubt Kaepernick knew any of this though.
I'm glad to hear that's adequate justification for his abject stupidity. Since Margaret Sanger was a devout eugenicist, does that mean we can close Planned Parenthood already?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

HokieJoe wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
I'm glad to hear that's adequate justification for his abject stupidity. Since Margaret Sanger was a devout eugenicist, does that mean we can close Planned Parenthood already?
You misunderstand. It wasn't an attempt to justify anything he did. I don't really care that he didn't stand and by that I mean I'm not applauding him or demonizing him. It's just not important to me one way or the other. I stand for the national anthem and always have but I don't really care if someone else does. Put another way I support his right to not stand even if I don't agree with it. My point was more that he would have been more justified if he had approached it from a historical perspective with the idea that the song was not appropriate to be the national anthem.

As far as your Planned Parenthood analogy, if Planned Parenthood was the national medical organization or represented the entire country somehow then you might have a point. As it is, it's just a bad comparison.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

This is starting to feel like an angle or he's decided his career is done so he just doesn't care any more.

I wonder how much is left on his contract that is not guaranteed. Could be a ploy to force the 49ers to cut him.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

http://www.allenbwest.com/allen/message ... kaepernick

Mr. Kaepernick, a biracial young man adopted and raised by white parents, claims America is oppressing blacks at a time when we have a black, biracial president who was twice elected. We’ve had two black attorneys general and currently have a black secretary of homeland security, along with a black national security advisor. Here in Dallas our police chief, whom I know, is an outstanding black leader. The officer in Milwaukee who shot the armed assailant after issuing an order to drop his weapon was black. Is Mr. Kaepernick following suit and cherry-picking what he terms “oppression?”
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:This is starting to feel like an angle or he's decided his career is done so he just doesn't care any more.

I wonder how much is left on his contract that is not guaranteed. Could be a ploy to force the 49ers to cut him.
Or, he's just another in a long line of idiots.
Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

Post by Techmomof2 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:This is starting to feel like an angle or he's decided his career is done so he just doesn't care any more.

Just read his girlfriend is a Black Lives Matter leader.
Vienna_Hokie
Party: libertarian

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Techmomof2 wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Just read his girlfriend is a Black Lives Matter leader.
Well at least he won't be the first man to blow millions and ruin his career for a piece of tail
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Y'all are taking this Kaep thing way too seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

nolanvt wrote:Y'all are taking this Kaep thing way too seriously.

Meh, he's representative of a hugely ignorant portion of our population...that's why he matters. Explaining why he is wrong, and bringing light to actual facts and issues, is important/
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

LOL- Michael Sam was huge news though.. landmark news, life changing news.... Sucky, slow, small DE can't cut it in the NFL but is drafted because he is gay is much more important that blatent disrespect for America based on falsehoods. got it...
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

CFB Apologist wrote:

LOL- Michael Sam was huge news though.. landmark news, life changing news.... Sucky, slow, small DE can't cut it in the NFL but is drafted because he is gay is much more important that blatent disrespect for America based on falsehoods. got it...
I remember a similar amount of pushback from those who didn't care for Michael Sam, which is why it was a big deal for him to reveal his homosexuality publicly. When the day comes that a pro athlete can be openly gay and the public not give two sh*ts about it, it won't be a big deal anymore.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:

Meh, he's representative of a hugely ignorant portion of our population...that's why he matters. Explaining why he is wrong, and bringing light to actual facts and issues, is important/

Yep.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I remember a similar amount of pushback from those who didn't care for Michael Sam, which is why it was a big deal for him to reveal his homosexuality publicly. When the day comes that a pro athlete can be openly gay and the public not give two sh*ts about it, it won't be a big deal anymore.
[emoji1]

LOL
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

nolanvt wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

You are not honest enough to admit this, but that day is already here. Any locker room protest for Jason Collins? any issues? players refusing to play with him? any negativity from fans in arenas? nope. none- not one incident. There are openly gay LPGA players - no issues at all. There are openly gay minor league players, openly gay WNBA players. Vernon Davis of the redskins is gay- and most in the NFL know this, even if he has not come out yet- no issues, his teammates love him... It's already here- "acceptance"- in spades.. what YOU want is more. You want special treatment- you want a roster spot for Sam regardless of his talent level. You want the NFL to have "gay day" and celebrate it above heterosexuals..you are right we may never get "there"...because that is flat ridiculous.
Uprising
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

HokieFanDC wrote:

None of you have explained why he's wrong or brought light to the actual facts.

Drawing attention to the disparate impact the judicial system has on individuals of color, particularly black individuals, does not make him ignorant of the facts. It has, however, brought to light those who continually refuse to accept that fact.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Uprising wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Drawing attention to the disparate impact the judicial system has on individuals of color, particularly black individuals, does not make him ignorant of the facts. It has, however, brought to light those who continually refuse to accept that fact.
3rd grade research shows you 100 years of data that this demographic actually commits the most crime. Imagine that? Crime is not committed equally among the races, thus why do we expect as many whites or asians to be jailed as blacks? it's ridiculous and a false argument.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Uprising wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

LOL. He said we're a racially oppressive nation while he, the black man adopted by white parents, is making 120 million to ride the pine. His comments make him ignorant, as yours make you ignorant too.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Uprising wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

3rd grade research shows you 100 years of data that this demographic actually commits the most crime. Imagine that? Crime is not committed equally among the races, thus why do we expect as many whites or asians to be jailed as blacks? it's ridiculous and a false argument.
As you aptly point out, "3rd grade research" is exactly what would lead one to draw the conclusions you do. The good news is that there is far more advanced research available (I'm sure somebody has a 3rd grade comprehension level version available for people like yourself) that shows that you are mostly wrong in your presumptions. We know that white people are as likely, if not more, to use and sell drugs as are black people. Yet black people are more likely to be targeted by police and receive harsher sentences than their white counterparts. We know that white people are more likely to be found with contraband during traffic stops, but black people are more likely to be stopped and searched. It's systemic problems like these that lead to the extremely misleading crime statistics you're so eager to rely on.

When you start addressing these issues, I'll start taking you guys seriously when want to talk about what the actual facts are.
Uprising

Post by Uprising »

More 3rd grade level thinking:
awesome guy wrote:LOL. He said we're a racially oppressive nation while he, the black man adopted by white parents, is making 120 million to ride the pine. His comments make him ignorant, as yours make you ignorant too.
He's black and rich; therefore, racism doesn't exist.
[emoji122]