CO: 1 killed, 1 injured in dachshund attack.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: CO: 1 killed, 1 injured in dachshund attack.

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
I'd say it like this. I bet Paris Hilton's purse dog nipped at and bit more people than Vick's dogs. But the bit from Vick's dogs sent more people to the doctor than the yapper in the purse.
So what? Size is part of breeding. I don't understand why you think this is relevant.
It's the difference between aggression and danger.
So you admit Pit Bulls are danger[ous] and are arguing over the lexicon???
I'll address all 3 posts here.

Yes, my argument is part lexicon as an ineffective attack is still an attack. That's aggression vs. the danger of the breed because of size. Mutated, highly agitated sea bass vs. sharks with freeking lasers.

Here's Cesar Millan on the 80s thing. You'll also find a pit bull released from his center bit someone.
https://www.cesarsway.com/cesar-millan/ ... gerous-dog

If dachshunds were kept in the hood, they would be even more yappy from being kicked and chained up all day. The bred would start adding bulk by being bred with things like a rhodesian ridgeback which is effectively a scalled up dachshund to 150 pounds, used to track and attack lions. Spuds McKenzie is how a pit bull should be and are when raised with the proper owner.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

Why not get a dog breed that doesn't have such a propensity to kill? Why not get a golden or a lab?
#JusticeForNolan
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
PolyTech wrote:My dog has been around hundreds and hundreds of dogs in her life. Only one attack, and that was an attack by a pit bull.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. That was probably the only one of those hundreds of dogs that was raised poorly.

Ditto. Mine was even preceded by the infamous "He's nice, he doesn't bite." Then, as the Pit Bull is trying to latch onto my dog's neck, I heard her shout "Don't kick him or he'll bite you."
Lol. Good Lord.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:How many dachshunds are owned in the hood?
So your proposition is if more people in the hood owned Dachshunds as fighting dogs, the statistics would have Dachshunds at the top of the killer list?

awesome guy wrote: There were hardly any pit bull attacks before the 80s when the gangs started training and breeding them to be killers.
Link? Even if so, who cares? That's like saying "there was no crack cocaine epidemic before the 80's" as an argument that crack cocaine is no more dangerous than cigarettes.
Lol. What is it they don't get?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

PolyTech wrote:Why not get a dog breed that doesn't have such a propensity to kill? Why not get a golden or a lab?
Because they're absolutely great dogs. Very loving and protective plus they love to walk and play. I wouldn't have one with smaller kids around. But all dogs bite. I got rid of that same Jack Russell because he bit my daughter. I think she pulled his ear or put a finger up his butt, but he bite her and so was gone. Terrier bites are probably the worst because they're bred to attack the face, like they're pulling an animal out of a hole. The answer is they're great dogs, but do need extra care and don't get along with other dogs.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:
PolyTech wrote:Why not get a dog breed that doesn't have such a propensity to kill? Why not get a golden or a lab?
Because they're absolutely great dogs. Very loving and protective plus they love to walk and play. I wouldn't have one with smaller kids around. But all dogs bite. I got rid of that same Jack Russell because he bit my daughter. I think she pulled his ear or put a finger up his butt, but he bite her and so was gone. Terrier bites are probably the worst because they're bred to attack the face, like they're pulling an animal out of a hole. The answer is they're great dogs, but do need extra care and don't get along with other dogs.
Why wouldn't you have one with small kids around? They are great and loving. No worries.
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

awesome guy wrote: Because they're absolutely great dogs.

awesome guy wrote: Terrier bites are probably the worst because they're bred to attack the face, ...
:lol:
#JusticeForNolan
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Why wouldn't you have one with small kids around? They are great and loving. No worries.
Impact analysis. When the yapper bit my kid, it left a small hole in her nose. If a pitt bull did the same then it could have ripped her face off or killed her. All dogs will bite, with small kids I'm keeping a small dog.
Last edited by awesome guy on Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Our neighbor down the road has a Staffy Bull Terrier...she's a real sweetheart and hasn't figured out what to do with an Aussie Shepherd when playing. :D
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Impact analysis. When the yapper bit my kid, it left a small hole in her nose. If a pitt bull did the same then it could have ripped her face off or killed her. All dogs will bite, with small kids I'm keeping a small dog.
Pit bulls should be bread out of existence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

My favorite is when people bring up Pete the Pit Bull on Little Rascals (because the lifestyle of the depression era is good enough for my kids!)

There are numerous episodes where the kids use Pete to attack people. Here's one:
Plot: The kids assault the dog catcher multiple times before he hauls Pete away, then steal money from a lady (while they contemplated robbing a bank), then lie to, flee from, and assault a police officer, before returning to the pound where the dog catcher is attempting to incinerate Pete alive in a furnace (to get the little kids for throwing eggs at him). Then the kids free Pete and he's given an attack command and proceeds to maul the dog catcher while the kids watch in glee. Good wholesome fun.

I have to admit, I enjoy watching these.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

:mrgreen:
PolyTech

Post by PolyTech »

USN_Hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

:mrgreen:
That would be a lot of colon blow if IP was gluten intolerant.
#JusticeForNolan
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

awesome guy wrote:

Awesome.. flat awesome.. "they're great""..buuuttt not around kids, other dogs, and do need extra care. Hilarious. It's like saying my son in law is "great".. but he hits my daughter on occasion, doesn't have a good job, and is in trouble with the law..."great guy" though... LOL.. its like Ricky Williams's baby momma who said he never pays child support or visits, but is a "great dad"
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Awesome.. flat awesome.. "they're great""..buuuttt not around kids, other dogs, and do need extra care. Hilarious. It's like saying my son in law is "great".. but he hits my daughter on occasion, doesn't have a good job, and is in trouble with the law..."great guy" though... LOL.. its like Ricky Williams's baby momma who said he never pays child support or visits, but is a "great dad"

I didn't say that. They're great around kids too, but the cost of being wrong is high. To take your analogy, it's like saying the SIL that makes great money, is loving towards the wife, and a blast to go fishing should be killed because he also will go to a bar from time to time. Statistically, having dirt on the Clintons is more of a threat to your life than owning a pitt bull.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I didn't say that. They're great around kids too, but the cost of being wrong is high. To take your analogy, it's like saying the SIL that makes great money, is loving towards the wife, and a blast to go fishing should be killed because he also will go to a bar from time to time. Statistically, having dirt on the Clintons is more of a threat to your life than owning a pitt bull.
CAIR is to Islam as awesome guy is to Pit Bulls.

Breed of Peace! :mrgreen:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

CAIR is to Islam as awesome guy is to Pit Bulls.

Breed of Peace! :mrgreen:
Got no time for this pittbullphobia! It's a breed of peace.
RWNJ
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:maybe I'm missing a joke, but the article says Pit Bulls
In a debate on UWS long, long ago... someone (not cwtcr) retorted when presented with Pit Bull attack/mauling statistics that dachshunds are responsible for more dog bites (or some such nonsense) than other dogs.

So, every time I link a story about another horrible pit bull mauling/killing, I always replace pit bull with dachshund in the title to highlight how absurd that statistic is.

We have no problem understanding that herding dogs have been bred to herd, retrieving dogs have been bred to retrieve, water dogs are bred for water, terriers have been bred to hunt rodents, etc. etc. Yet, somehow, some people pretend that a breed which has roots in fighting going back to ancient Greece and is responsible for the overwhelming majority of dog attacks is not predisposed towards violence.
I wonder what this poor lady did to those nice pit bulls.
http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/31/2 ... ws-main-bb
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

RWNJ wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:maybe I'm missing a joke, but the article says Pit Bulls
In a debate on UWS long, long ago... someone (not cwtcr) retorted when presented with Pit Bull attack/mauling statistics that dachshunds are responsible for more dog bites (or some such nonsense) than other dogs.

So, every time I link a story about another horrible pit bull mauling/killing, I always replace pit bull with dachshund in the title to highlight how absurd that statistic is.

We have no problem understanding that herding dogs have been bred to herd, retrieving dogs have been bred to retrieve, water dogs are bred for water, terriers have been bred to hunt rodents, etc. etc. Yet, somehow, some people pretend that a breed which has roots in fighting going back to ancient Greece and is responsible for the overwhelming majority of dog attacks is not predisposed towards violence.
I wonder what this poor lady did to those nice pit bulls.
http://www.aol.com/article/2016/08/31/2 ... ws-main-bb

not sure that would be your best example, how were the dogs raised, were the dogs the 18 YO sons dogs or hers? were they abused? why isn't the son in school or at work? why are the dogs being left alone with the old lady in a wheelchair? Was it a convenient "accident" set up by the son? lots missing in that small article.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote: not sure that would be your best example, how were the dogs raised, were the dogs the 18 YO sons dogs or hers? were they abused? why isn't the son in school or at work? why are the dogs being left alone with the old lady in a wheelchair? Was it a convenient "accident" set up by the son? lots missing in that small article.
You're seriously suggesting that her son set up the Pit Bulls to knock off his mom?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: not sure that would be your best example, how were the dogs raised, were the dogs the 18 YO sons dogs or hers? were they abused? why isn't the son in school or at work? why are the dogs being left alone with the old lady in a wheelchair? Was it a convenient "accident" set up by the son? lots missing in that small article.
You're seriously suggesting that her son set up the Pit Bulls to knock off his mom?

should have used a shih-tzu for the hit!
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

awesome guy wrote:
PolyTech wrote:My dog has been around hundreds and hundreds of dogs in her life. Only one attack, and that was an attack by a pit bull.

Just a coincidence, I'm sure. That was probably the only one of those hundreds of dogs that was raised poorly.
My pit bull was bit by just one dog and it was a yapper. Dang thing tried to bite her tongue as she swallowed it.

OK, both dogs were mine and it really happened. My Jack Russell pup was jumping up and down and nipping her gums. She was old then, around 16 or so, got ticked, and inhaled the puppy. My wife about cried and then the pit bull spit him out. The Jack never did that again or was not harmed. But this pit bull was very aggressive with other dogs, we kept her away from other animals as much as we could. Simply the best dog around people, great family dog, but highly antisocial. The Jack Russell was also a little dick head around other dogs. He tackled and knocked down a 60 pound German Shepherd who was still a pup then. That Jack Russell was the most bad ass and fearless dog I've ever owned. He had a Napoleon complex and was a husky trapped in a 15 pound terrier body.

My ex-spousal unit had a minature Dachsund. Lol, little bastard thought he was the cock of the walk. He'd walk around with those stumpy bow legs and tail pointing straight in the air.

He loved me though because I had a Shelty that he was smitten over. I was the boss and he didn't back talk me...Much.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieJoe wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

My pit bull was bit by just one dog and it was a yapper. Dang thing tried to bite her tongue as she swallowed it.

OK, both dogs were mine and it really happened. My Jack Russell pup was jumping up and down and nipping her gums. She was old then, around 16 or so, got ticked, and inhaled the puppy. My wife about cried and then the pit bull spit him out. The Jack never did that again or was not harmed. But this pit bull was very aggressive with other dogs, we kept her away from other animals as much as we could. Simply the best dog around people, great family dog, but highly antisocial. The Jack Russell was also a little dick head around other dogs. He tackled and knocked down a 60 pound German Shepherd who was still a pup then. That Jack Russell was the most bad ass and fearless dog I've ever owned. He had a Napoleon complex and was a husky trapped in a 15 pound terrier body.

My ex-spousal unit had a minature Dachsund. Lol, little bastard thought he was the cock of the walk. He'd walk around with those stumpy bow legs and tail pointing straight in the air.

He loved me though because I had a Shelty that he was smitten over. I was the boss and he didn't back talk me...Much.
Haha!