Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Clinton works debate mods, asks for special treatment

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie

Re: Clinton works debate mods, asks for special treatment

Post by 133743Hokie »

Would Holt dare call out Clinton on her lies re Benghazi, her email, etc.?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:Would Holt dare call out Clinton on her lies re Benghazi, her email, etc.?
I think he will. Holt is a registered Republican and so may not be the lap dog the rest of NBC is.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:Would Holt dare call out Clinton on her lies re Benghazi, her email, etc.?
I think he will. Holt is a registered Republican and so may not be the lap dog the rest of NBC is.
I heard he was a registered Republican, but if it's true, I'm sure he's an establishment type Republican (i.e. an elitist) that is probably repulsed by Trump (i.e. like a George Will type of "Republican").

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
I heard he was a registered Republican, but if it's true, I'm sure he's an establishment type Republican (i.e. an elitist) that is probably repulsed by Trump (i.e. like a George Will type of "Republican").
Possibly, but I doubt he let's Clinton slide either. We'll see.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Earpiece controversy tonight. Just wait
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

RiverguyVT wrote:Earpiece controversy tonight. Just wait
Earpiece sounds like hairpiece which sounds like herpes. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Lester Holt? Are you serious?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Yep
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Yep
Being a registered Republican doesn't mean much to me. How long has he been a registered R? For all we know he's a Primary troll (only remembers the registration deadline, unlike IP).
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Yep
Being a registered Republican doesn't mean much to me. How long has he been a registered R? For all we know he's a Primary troll (only remembers the registration deadline, unlike IP).
Could be. I understand the skepticism. We'll find out tonight.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Based on what I've read this morning, the consensus seems to be that Holt was harder on Trump. Would be interesting to know if he's a Clinton Foundation member.

===========================
Lester Holt: The Third Debater?
By Heat Street Staff | 11:01 pm, September 26, 2016

At tonight’s debate, Donald Trump faced off not just against Hillary Clinton, but against moderator Lester Holt.

The game of two-on-one saw Holt ask no questions about:

Hillary’s emails
Benghazi
The Clinton Foundation

While ignoring these issues, Holt grilled Trump on stop-and-frisk, the birther story, his comments about women, his many bankruptcies, why he hasn’t released his tax returns — and a host of other issues the media sees as unfriendly to the Republican candidate.

Holt also repeatedly attempted to “fact check” on some of Trump’s positions, such as his claim to have opposed the Iraq War from the beginning. Holt interrupted Trump several times to interject, but rarely succeeded (and may have come across as weak and impotent).

http://heatst.com/politics/lester-holt- ... d-debater/
Five Times Lester Holt Shilled for Hillary Clinton at First Debate
by Joel B. Pollak26 Sep 20162135

NBC News’ Lester Holt had his “Candy Crowley” moment at the first debate of the 2016 presidential election on Monday night, bowing to pressure from the Hillary Clinton campaign and the liberal media by “fact-checking” Republican nominee Donald Trump on the question of his support for the Iraq War.

Holt lived up to the expectations of his peers. But he lived down to the worst expectations of conservatives, who routinely see Republican candidates treated unfairly by debate moderators.

Again and again, Holt asked Trump tough questions that were straight from the Clinton campaign’s talking points, and which were obvious set-ups for Clinton to attack (and for fact-checkers to pounce on whatever Trump asserted in his own defense).

Here are the five worst examples.

Tax returns. Holt never asked Clinton about her e-mail scandal, about Benghazi, or about the Clinton Foundation and its dubious dealings. But he did ask Trump about his tax returns, arguing — not asking — that there might be questionable information in them that the American public deserved to hear.

Birther conspiracy theory. Holt never asked Clinton about her past record of racist statements, including her “super-predator” remarks as First Lady, or her explicit appeal to “white Americans” in her 2008 primary campaign against Obama. Yet he asked Trump about the Birther conspiracy theory and cast it as racist.

Stop-and-frisk. After an exchange between the candidates over the policy of “stop-and-frisk,” Holt interjected to bolster Clinton’s point by stating, erroneously, that stop-and-frisk had ended in New York because it had been declared unconstitutional by a court. Trump countered, correctly, that the new mayor had canceled the policy before the litigation was over.

“A presidential look.” Towards the end of the debate, Holt asked Trump about what he meant by saying Hillary Clinton did not have “a presidential look.” He did so after noting that Clinton had become “the first woman” to be nominated for president by a major political party, thus setting Trump up as a sexist. As Trump answered, Holt interrupted him, then gave Clinton a chance to respond with her talking points about Trump’s past comments on women.

Iraq War. The question of whether Trump supported the Iraq War or not has been widely debated. What is beyond doubt is that Hillary Clinton voted for it. Holt only represented one side of the debate about Trump, and never asked Clinton about her own vote.

In addition, the audience repeatedly interjected — almost always in Clinton’s favor — and Holt did not stop them, though it was against the rules. He only stopped the audience when there were cheers for Trump calling for Clinton’s emails.

Bow again, Lester Holt. You did your job.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... st-debate/
Liberal Lester Holt and Hillary Tag Team Trump; E-Mails Barely Mentioned
By Scott Whitlock | September 26, 2016 | 11:29 PM EDT

Debate moderator Lester Holt repeatedly challenged Donald Trump during Monday night’s highly anticipated debate, but refrained from going after Hillary Clinton in the same aggressive manner. Holt also minimized the Democrat’s e-mail scandal. It was only brought up because Trump did so.

Instead, the NBC Nightly News anchor promoted the historic nature of Clinton’s candidacy, demanding, “Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month you said she doesn't have, quote, 'a presidential look.' She's standing here right now. What did you mean by that?”

He then followed-up, reminding, “The quote was 'I just don't think she has the presidential look.'" The moderator certainly showed a dogged determination in getting answers — when it came to Trump. On the birther issue, he repeatedly grilled:
HOLT: Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation's first black president was not a natural born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks, you acknowledge what most Americans have accepted for years: the President was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

HOLT: The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You continued to tell the story and question the President's legitimacy in 2012, ‘13, ‘14, ‘15, as recently as January. So, the question is what changed your mind?
Yet, there were no questions about the Clinton Foundation. No questions about Clinton’s health. The e-mail scandal came up only because of Trump. He attacked, “I will release my tax returns, against my lawyer's wishes, when she releases her 33,000 e-mails that have been deleted.”

This prompted Holt to meekly ask Clinton: “He also raised the issue of your e-mails. You want to respond to that?” There was no follow-up after that.

When the subject came to security, there was no analysis of Clinton’s judgment on Libya, Benghazi or Iraq. Instead, it was Trump who got hammered:
HOLT: Mr. Trump, with a lot of these are judgment questions. You had supported the war in Iraq before the invasion. What makes your judgment —

TRUMP: I did not support the war in Iraq.

HOLT: 2002 —

TRUMP: That is a mainstream media nonsense put out by her because she frankly I think the best person in her campaign is mainstream media.

HOLT: My question is since you supported it, why is your judgment —

TRUMP: Would you like to hear? I was against — wait a minute. I was against the war in Iraq. Just so you put it out.

HOLT: The record shows otherwise.
Prior to the debate, the Clinton campaign repeatedly worked the refs to get tougher questions for Trump. In the case of Lester Holt, the strategy worked.

A transcript of all the questions can be found below:
Debate questions
9/26/16

9:04

LESTER HOLT: We're calling this opening segment achieving prosperity and central to that is jobs. There are two economic realities in America today. There's been a record six straight years of job growth and new census numbers show incomes have increased at a record rate after years of stagnation. However, income inequality remains significant and nearly half of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Beginning with you, Secretary Clinton, why are you a better choice than your opponent to create the kinds of jobs that will put more money into the pockets of American workers?

9:13

HOLT: Let me follow-up with Mr. Trump, if I can. You have talked about creating 25 million jobs and promised to bring back millions of jobs for Americans. How are you going to bring back the industries that have left this country for cheaper labor overseas? How, specifically, are you going to tell American manufacturers that you have to come back?

9:14

HOLT: Back to the question, though, how do you bring back, specifically bring back jobs? American manufacturers? How do you make them bring the jobs back?

9:26

HOLT: You are unpacking a lot here. We're still on the issue of achieving prosperity. And I want to talk about taxes. The fundamental difference between the two of you concerns the wealthy. Secretary Clinton, you're calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I'd like you to further defend that. Mr. Trump, you're calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd like you to defend that. This next two-minute answer goes to you, Mr. Trump.

9:31

HOLT: Mr. Trump, we're talking about the burden that Americans have to pay, yet you have not released your tax returns and the reason nominees have released their returns for decades is so voters will know if their potential president owes money to, who he owes it to and any business conflicts. Don't Americans have a right to know if there are any conflicts of interest?

9:32

HOLT: The IRS says an audit of your taxes — you're perfectly free to release your taxes during an audit. So the question, does the public's right to know outweigh your personal —

9:36

HOLT: He also — he also raised the issue of your e-mails. You want to respond to that?

9:42

HOLT: We're well behind schedule, so I want to move to our next segment. We move into our next segment talking about America's direction. Let's start by talking about race. A share of Americans who say race relations are bad in this country is the highest it's been in decades, much of it amplified by shootings of African-Americans by police as we've seen recently in Charlotte and Tulsa. Race has been a big issue in this campaign, and one of you is going to have to bridge a very wide and bitter gap. So how do you heal the divide? Secretary Clinton, you get two minutes on this.

9:48

HOLT: Your two minutes has expired. I do want to follow-up. Stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York because it largely singled out black and Hispanic young men.

TRUMP: No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge. It was taken away from her and our mayor, our new mayor, refused to go forward with the case. They would have won on appeal. If you look at it throughout the country, there are many places where it’s allowed.

HOLT: The argument is that it’s a form of racial profiling.

9:53

HOLT: Secretary Clinton, last week you said we've got do everything possible to improve policing to go right at implicit bias. Do you believe that police are implicitly biased against black people?

9:59

HOLT: Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation's first black president was not a natural born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks you acknowledge what most Americans have accepted for years, the President was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

HOLT: I'll let you respond. That's important. I want to get the answer here. The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You continued to tell the story and question the President's legitimacy in 2012, ‘13, ‘14, ‘15, as recently as January. So, the question is what changed your mind?

10:01

HOLT: I'm sorry, I'm just going to follow up. I will let you respond to that. There's a lot there. We're talking about racial healing in this segment. What do you say to Americans —

10:06

HOLT: Our next segment is called Securing America. We want to start with a 21st century war happening every day in this country. Our institutions are under cyber attack and our secrets are being stolen. So my question is who's behind it and how do we fight it? Secretary Clinton, this answer goes to you.

10:13

HOLT: You mentioned ISIS and we think of ISIS certainly as over there, but there are American citizens who have been inspired to commit acts of terror on American soil. The latest incident, of course, the bombings we just saw in New York and New Jersey. The knife attack at a mall in Minnesota. And the last year, deadly attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando. I'll ask this to both of you. Tell us specifically how you would prevent homegrown attacks by American citizens? Mr. Trump?

10:19

HOLT: Mr. Trump, with a lot of these are judgment questions. You had supported the war in Iraq before the invasion. What makes your judgment —

TRUMP: That is a mainstream media nonsense put out by her because she frankly I think the best person in her campaign is mainstream media.

TRUMP: Would you like to hear? I was against — wait a minute. I was against the war in Iraq. Just so you put it out.

HOLT: The record shows otherwise. But why —

TRUMP: The record does not show —

HOLT: Why is your judgment any —

10:22

HOLT: My reference was what you had said in 2002. My question was —

TRUMP: No, no. You didn't hear what I said.

HOLT: Why is your judgment any different than Mrs. Clinton's?

10:27

HOLT: Which leads to my next question as we enter our last segment here on the subject of securing America. On nuclear weapons, President Obama reportedly considered changing the nation's longstanding policy on first use. Do you support the current policy? Mr. Trump, you have two minutes on that.

10:33

HOLT: Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month you said she doesn't have, quote, "a presidential look." She's standing here right now. What did you mean by that?

TRUMP: She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina. I said she doesn't have the stamina. And I don't believe she does have the stamina. To be president of this country, you need tremendous stamina.

HOLT: The quote was "I just don't think she has the presidential look.”

10:37

HOLT: One of you, one of you will not win this election. So my final question to you tonight, are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voter? Secretary Clinton.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-w ... ils-barely

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:Based on what I've read this morning, the consensus seems to be that Holt was harder on Trump. Would be interesting to know if he's a Clinton Foundation member.

===========================
Lester Holt: The Third Debater?
By Heat Street Staff | 11:01 pm, September 26, 2016

At tonight’s debate, Donald Trump faced off not just against Hillary Clinton, but against moderator Lester Holt.

The game of two-on-one saw Holt ask no questions about:

Hillary’s emails
Benghazi
The Clinton Foundation

While ignoring these issues, Holt grilled Trump on stop-and-frisk, the birther story, his comments about women, his many bankruptcies, why he hasn’t released his tax returns — and a host of other issues the media sees as unfriendly to the Republican candidate.

Holt also repeatedly attempted to “fact check” on some of Trump’s positions, such as his claim to have opposed the Iraq War from the beginning. Holt interrupted Trump several times to interject, but rarely succeeded (and may have come across as weak and impotent).

http://heatst.com/politics/lester-holt- ... d-debater/
Five Times Lester Holt Shilled for Hillary Clinton at First Debate
by Joel B. Pollak26 Sep 20162135

NBC News’ Lester Holt had his “Candy Crowley” moment at the first debate of the 2016 presidential election on Monday night, bowing to pressure from the Hillary Clinton campaign and the liberal media by “fact-checking” Republican nominee Donald Trump on the question of his support for the Iraq War.

Holt lived up to the expectations of his peers. But he lived down to the worst expectations of conservatives, who routinely see Republican candidates treated unfairly by debate moderators.

Again and again, Holt asked Trump tough questions that were straight from the Clinton campaign’s talking points, and which were obvious set-ups for Clinton to attack (and for fact-checkers to pounce on whatever Trump asserted in his own defense).

Here are the five worst examples.

Tax returns. Holt never asked Clinton about her e-mail scandal, about Benghazi, or about the Clinton Foundation and its dubious dealings. But he did ask Trump about his tax returns, arguing — not asking — that there might be questionable information in them that the American public deserved to hear.

Birther conspiracy theory. Holt never asked Clinton about her past record of racist statements, including her “super-predator” remarks as First Lady, or her explicit appeal to “white Americans” in her 2008 primary campaign against Obama. Yet he asked Trump about the Birther conspiracy theory and cast it as racist.

Stop-and-frisk. After an exchange between the candidates over the policy of “stop-and-frisk,” Holt interjected to bolster Clinton’s point by stating, erroneously, that stop-and-frisk had ended in New York because it had been declared unconstitutional by a court. Trump countered, correctly, that the new mayor had canceled the policy before the litigation was over.

“A presidential look.” Towards the end of the debate, Holt asked Trump about what he meant by saying Hillary Clinton did not have “a presidential look.” He did so after noting that Clinton had become “the first woman” to be nominated for president by a major political party, thus setting Trump up as a sexist. As Trump answered, Holt interrupted him, then gave Clinton a chance to respond with her talking points about Trump’s past comments on women.

Iraq War. The question of whether Trump supported the Iraq War or not has been widely debated. What is beyond doubt is that Hillary Clinton voted for it. Holt only represented one side of the debate about Trump, and never asked Clinton about her own vote.

In addition, the audience repeatedly interjected — almost always in Clinton’s favor — and Holt did not stop them, though it was against the rules. He only stopped the audience when there were cheers for Trump calling for Clinton’s emails.

Bow again, Lester Holt. You did your job.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... st-debate/
Liberal Lester Holt and Hillary Tag Team Trump; E-Mails Barely Mentioned
By Scott Whitlock | September 26, 2016 | 11:29 PM EDT

Debate moderator Lester Holt repeatedly challenged Donald Trump during Monday night’s highly anticipated debate, but refrained from going after Hillary Clinton in the same aggressive manner. Holt also minimized the Democrat’s e-mail scandal. It was only brought up because Trump did so.

Instead, the NBC Nightly News anchor promoted the historic nature of Clinton’s candidacy, demanding, “Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month you said she doesn't have, quote, 'a presidential look.' She's standing here right now. What did you mean by that?”

He then followed-up, reminding, “The quote was 'I just don't think she has the presidential look.'" The moderator certainly showed a dogged determination in getting answers — when it came to Trump. On the birther issue, he repeatedly grilled:
HOLT: Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation's first black president was not a natural born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks, you acknowledge what most Americans have accepted for years: the President was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

HOLT: The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You continued to tell the story and question the President's legitimacy in 2012, ‘13, ‘14, ‘15, as recently as January. So, the question is what changed your mind?
Yet, there were no questions about the Clinton Foundation. No questions about Clinton’s health. The e-mail scandal came up only because of Trump. He attacked, “I will release my tax returns, against my lawyer's wishes, when she releases her 33,000 e-mails that have been deleted.”

This prompted Holt to meekly ask Clinton: “He also raised the issue of your e-mails. You want to respond to that?” There was no follow-up after that.

When the subject came to security, there was no analysis of Clinton’s judgment on Libya, Benghazi or Iraq. Instead, it was Trump who got hammered:

HOLT: The record shows otherwise.
Prior to the debate, the Clinton campaign repeatedly worked the refs to get tougher questions for Trump. In the case of Lester Holt, the strategy worked.

A transcript of all the questions can be found below:
Debate questions
9/26/16

9:04

LESTER HOLT: We're calling this opening segment achieving prosperity and central to that is jobs. There are two economic realities in America today. There's been a record six straight years of job growth and new census numbers show incomes have increased at a record rate after years of stagnation. However, income inequality remains significant and nearly half of Americans are living paycheck to paycheck. Beginning with you, Secretary Clinton, why are you a better choice than your opponent to create the kinds of jobs that will put more money into the pockets of American workers?

9:13

HOLT: Let me follow-up with Mr. Trump, if I can. You have talked about creating 25 million jobs and promised to bring back millions of jobs for Americans. How are you going to bring back the industries that have left this country for cheaper labor overseas? How, specifically, are you going to tell American manufacturers that you have to come back?

9:14

HOLT: Back to the question, though, how do you bring back, specifically bring back jobs? American manufacturers? How do you make them bring the jobs back?

9:26

HOLT: You are unpacking a lot here. We're still on the issue of achieving prosperity. And I want to talk about taxes. The fundamental difference between the two of you concerns the wealthy. Secretary Clinton, you're calling for a tax increase on the wealthiest Americans. I'd like you to further defend that. Mr. Trump, you're calling for tax cuts for the wealthy. I'd like you to defend that. This next two-minute answer goes to you, Mr. Trump.

9:31

HOLT: Mr. Trump, we're talking about the burden that Americans have to pay, yet you have not released your tax returns and the reason nominees have released their returns for decades is so voters will know if their potential president owes money to, who he owes it to and any business conflicts. Don't Americans have a right to know if there are any conflicts of interest?

9:32

HOLT: The IRS says an audit of your taxes — you're perfectly free to release your taxes during an audit. So the question, does the public's right to know outweigh your personal —

9:36

HOLT: He also — he also raised the issue of your e-mails. You want to respond to that?

9:42

HOLT: We're well behind schedule, so I want to move to our next segment. We move into our next segment talking about America's direction. Let's start by talking about race. A share of Americans who say race relations are bad in this country is the highest it's been in decades, much of it amplified by shootings of African-Americans by police as we've seen recently in Charlotte and Tulsa. Race has been a big issue in this campaign, and one of you is going to have to bridge a very wide and bitter gap. So how do you heal the divide? Secretary Clinton, you get two minutes on this.

9:48

HOLT: Your two minutes has expired. I do want to follow-up. Stop and frisk was ruled unconstitutional in New York because it largely singled out black and Hispanic young men.

TRUMP: No, you're wrong. It went before a judge who was a very-against-police judge. It was taken away from her and our mayor, our new mayor, refused to go forward with the case. They would have won on appeal. If you look at it throughout the country, there are many places where it’s allowed.

HOLT: The argument is that it’s a form of racial profiling.

9:53

HOLT: Secretary Clinton, last week you said we've got do everything possible to improve policing to go right at implicit bias. Do you believe that police are implicitly biased against black people?

HOLT: Mr. Trump, for five years, you perpetuated a false claim that the nation's first black president was not a natural born citizen. You questioned his legitimacy. In the last couple of weeks you acknowledge what most Americans have accepted for years, the President was born in the United States. Can you tell us what took you so long?

HOLT: I'll let you respond. That's important. I want to get the answer here. The birth certificate was produced in 2011. You continued to tell the story and question the President's legitimacy in 2012, ‘13, ‘14, ‘15, as recently as January. So, the question is what changed your mind?

10:01

HOLT: I'm sorry, I'm just going to follow up. I will let you respond to that. There's a lot there. We're talking about racial healing in this segment. What do you say to Americans —

10:06

HOLT: Our next segment is called Securing America. We want to start with a 21st century war happening every day in this country. Our institutions are under cyber attack and our secrets are being stolen. So my question is who's behind it and how do we fight it? Secretary Clinton, this answer goes to you.

10:13

HOLT: You mentioned ISIS and we think of ISIS certainly as over there, but there are American citizens who have been inspired to commit acts of terror on American soil. The latest incident, of course, the bombings we just saw in New York and New Jersey. The knife attack at a mall in Minnesota. And the last year, deadly attacks in San Bernardino and Orlando. I'll ask this to both of you. Tell us specifically how you would prevent homegrown attacks by American citizens? Mr. Trump?

10:19

HOLT: The record shows otherwise. But why —

TRUMP: The record does not show —

HOLT: Why is your judgment any —

10:22

HOLT: My reference was what you had said in 2002. My question was —

TRUMP: No, no. You didn't hear what I said.

HOLT: Why is your judgment any different than Mrs. Clinton's?

10:27

HOLT: Which leads to my next question as we enter our last segment here on the subject of securing America. On nuclear weapons, President Obama reportedly considered changing the nation's longstanding policy on first use. Do you support the current policy? Mr. Trump, you have two minutes on that.

10:33

HOLT: Mr. Trump, this year Secretary Clinton became the first woman nominated for president by a major party. Earlier this month you said she doesn't have, quote, "a presidential look." She's standing here right now. What did you mean by that?

TRUMP: She doesn't have the look. She doesn't have the stamina. I said she doesn't have the stamina. And I don't believe she does have the stamina. To be president of this country, you need tremendous stamina.

HOLT: The quote was "I just don't think she has the presidential look.”

10:37

HOLT: One of you, one of you will not win this election. So my final question to you tonight, are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voter? Secretary Clinton.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/scott-w ... ils-barely
Yup. Totally biased.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:LOL

Do you have something of value to add?

Do you think Holt should have harped on Trump's tax returns and the birther issue, while completely ignoring the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and Clinton's email server? You think that is fair and balanced?

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Do you think Holt should have harped on Trump's tax returns and the birther issue, while completely ignoring the Clinton Foundation, Benghazi, and Clinton's email server? You think that is fair and balanced?
I didn't think Lester was biased. Trump brought up the email issue himself, so no way to tell if Lester would have raised that. I didn't have a problem with Lester raising the birther issue because it was something Trump actually harped on. I didn't have a problem with the tax return question because Trump is the first candidate in quite some time to not release them.

Fact is, Trump didn't perform well. That's not because of any perceived biases.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I didn't think Lester was biased.
Yeah okay, then you obviously aren't very astute.

=================================

Holt Interrupted Trump WAY More Than Clinton In Debate
Phillip Stucky
12:37 AM 09/27/2016

Moderator Lester Holt was much harsher on Republican nominee Donald Trump than he was on Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton during the debate Monday evening.

Holt interrupted Trump a record 41 times, either to “fact-check” the Republican nominee, or to ask a follow-up question. Clinton was only interrupted seven times during the course of the 90-minute debate.

Holt interrupted Trump the most during a particularly heated exchange about Trump’s stance on the Iraq war. Both candidates attempted to dodge their former stances. Holt challenged Trump in particular, cutting him off several times to assert the business mogul did indeed support the war in Iraq when it was popular.

Holt interrupted Trump 10 times during the exchange, and demanded at least five times why Trump thought that he had better judgement than Clinton.
HOLT: Why is your judgment better than…

TRUMP: And when he — excuse me. And that was before the war started. Sean Hannity said very strongly to me and other people — he’s willing to say it, but nobody wants to call him. I was against the war. He said, you used to have fights with me, because Sean was in favor of the war.

HOLT: My reference was to what you had said in 2002, and my question was…

TRUMP: No, no. You didn’t hear what I said.

HOLT: Why is your judgment — why is your judgment any different than Mrs. Clinton’s judgment?
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2016/09/27/holt- ... z4LSnI2wXO

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

I didn't think Lester was biased. Trump brought up the email issue himself, so no way to tell if Lester would have raised that. I didn't have a problem with Lester raising the birther issue because it was something Trump actually harped on. I didn't have a problem with the tax return question because Trump is the first candidate in quite some time to not release them.

The birther thing was stupid to bring up. Both candidates agree he was born in the US, there was no point to the question other than to let them sling shirt at eachother.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

The birther thing was stupid to bring up. Both candidates agree he was born in the US, there was no point to the question other than to let them sling shirt at eachother.
This. Why even bring up a non-issue. Trump should have handled it better though. I'm betting he did very little debate prep based on things I'm hearing from certain people.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Gotta be all the covfefe that keeps him going.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

it is so much fun watching Trump troll the media, the MSM actually spent time on a nothing tweet this morning..... hilarious
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

Hoof.....gotta admit, you're on a roll......that's funny.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:

it is so much fun watching Trump troll the media, the MSM actually spent time on a nothing tweet this morning..... hilarious
Atta boy!!! The TDB is on the case.