Confirmed: There were issues with Trump's mic during debate

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

Confirmed: There were issues with Trump's mic during debate

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

How can this happen? How can they not go over these things with a fine tooth comb prior to the debate?

=============================

Debate commission says there were ‘issues’ with Trump's audio
By Nolan D. McCaskill
09/30/16 02:43 PM EDT

Donald Trump’s microphone during Monday’s presidential debate against Hillary Clinton had audio issues, the Commission on Presidential Debates said Friday, providing a measure of vindication for the Republican nominee.

Trump had complained that his microphone was “defective,” suggesting that the debate may have been rigged by floating a conspiracy theory that his microphone had been tampered with.

“They gave me a defective mic!” he told reporters in the spin room Monday night. “ wonder, was that on purpose?”

He echoed that sentiment Tuesday during a phone interview with “Fox and Friends.” “I don’t know if you saw that in the room, but my microphone was terrible. I wonder, was it set up that way on purpose?” he asked.

In the same interview, he also denied having sniffles, instead commenting that “the mic was very bad” and “maybe it was good enough to hear breathing. But no sniffles. No cold.”

Clinton tried to ding Trump for his complaints about the microphone, telling reporters Tuesday, “Anybody who complains about the microphone is not having a good night.”

But the debate commission partially validated Trump’s claim Friday. “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” it said in a statement.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2016/09/t ... z4Lldz3fxt
Follow us: @politico on Twitter | Politico on Facebook

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Confirmed: There were issues with Trump's mic during de

Post by USN_Hokie »

It was obvious to me. Trump was significantly further from the mic than Hillary, yet....well, we all saw. Not at all saying Trump's problems were limited to his mic, but we're talking about it so it obviously had an impact.
Last edited by USN_Hokie on Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:It was obvious to me. Trump was significantly further from the mic than Hillary, yet....well, we all saw. Not at all saying Trump's problems were limited to his mic, but it we're talking about it so it obviously had an impact.
Yep. I'm guessing people have noticed that he generally breathes heavily through his nose. So, someone messed with is audio to amplify it. That's a very conceivable scenario.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

I think they kept the volume down on Hillarys! so she wouldn't come across as yelling/screaching
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

USN_Hokie wrote:It was obvious to me. Trump was significantly further from the mic than Hillary, yet....well, we all saw. Not at all saying Trump's problems were limited to his mic, but we're talking about it so it obviously had an impact.
The statement makes it seem like the problems were with the audio in the room.:

But the debate commission partially validated Trump’s claim Friday. “Regarding the first debate, there were issues regarding Donald Trump’s audio that affected the sound level in the debate hall,” it said in a statement.

Hard to tell from that one sentence whether it's something that also impacted the sound on TV.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:It was obvious to me. Trump was significantly further from the mic than Hillary, yet....well, we all saw. Not at all saying Trump's problems were limited to his mic, but we're talking about it so it obviously had an impact.

Hard to tell from that one sentence whether it's something that also impacted the sound on TV.
What point are you trying to make?
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

I'm guessing something like, the problem is with the acoustics in the hall, not the mic... LOL
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

USN_Hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Sound live at the venue is not the same as sound heard through the broadcast. Also despite the thread title the confirmation mentions nothing about the microphone. Put another way I was pondering whether this would have impacted the sound on TV or not because the statement refers solely to audio in the debate hall.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

For the win!
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
RWNJ
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

And no talk about the supposed teleprompter in Shrillery's podium? Or the nose scratching signals to Holt? They need to check her for ear mics and reverse the podiums on her. How dumb can the RNC be?
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump