15%

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
TheH2

15%

Post by TheH2 »

The odds 538 gave the Spurs to beat the Warriors on opening night of the NBA finals. They won by a lot.

That's about the odds 538 gives Trump.
People who know, know.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: 15%

Post by BigDave »

TheH2 wrote:The odds 538 gave the Spurs to beat the Warriors on opening night of the NBA finals. They won by a lot.

Between college football, NFL, and sports that don't matter (baseball, NBA, etc), there are what, maybe 500 games per week? There should be several upsets of that caliber every week.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

BigDave wrote:
TheH2 wrote:The odds 538 gave the Spurs to beat the Warriors on opening night of the NBA finals. They won by a lot.

Between college football, NFL, and sports that don't matter (baseball, NBA, etc), there are what, maybe 500 games per week? There should be several upsets of that caliber every week.
Agreed, just trying to quantify what 15% looks like. It might be close to the chance of missing an extra point too.
People who know, know.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

TheH2 wrote:
BigDave wrote:

Agreed, just trying to quantify what 15% looks like. It might be close to the chance of missing an extra point too.
In high school maybe.

15% is 15 times out of every 100.

Extra points are something like 1% missed in FBS and maybe 5% missed in the NFL since they moved it back.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

BigDave wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
BigDave wrote:

In high school maybe.

15% is 15 times out of every 100.

Extra points are something like 1% missed in FBS and maybe 5% missed in the NFL since they moved it back.
Yes, I was talking about NFL obviously. I thought it was around 10% but after googling it is around 5%. Redskins missed one - bad snap - but probably 20 TDs so that's 5%.

Thanks for the insightful definition of 15%.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

It's the same forecasting which has kept weathermen employed. "Well, I said there was a 15% chance......"