Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Silence is a virtue

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:I've been busy all day....I assume this has been determined to be fake news and IP/Hillary/CNN blamed the Russians?
I really don't see how this is a story :?:

Yeah it took some time but the POTUS paid it out of his personal account...he didn't need to do that. Good for him.

My nephew told me his SGLI payment to his wife would have been $200,000.

So the son made his Mom the beneficiary and not the Dad...sounds like Dad trying to cash in on being a crappy husband and father.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:The Washington Post contacted the White House about Baldridge’s account on Wednesday morning. Officials declined to discuss the events in detail.

But in a statement Wednesday afternoon, White House spokeswoman Lindsay Walters said: “The check has been sent. It’s disgusting that the media is taking something that should be recognized as a generous and sincere gesture, made privately by the President, and using it to advance the media’s biased agenda.”
So you're saying it's the old checks in the mail ploy :?:
It's been 4 months since the conversation they had. Pure coincidence that the day the WH was asked about the check, it is now in the mail? That's some incredible timing coinkidenk.
Still waiting for you to write that $1M check to hurricane relief efforts you said you were as good for as Trump was, DC. Did that get lost in the mail?
Attaboy! Trump’s lemming brigade is on the clock to try and deflect from his silliness.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I've been busy all day....I assume this has been determined to be fake news and IP/Hillary/CNN blamed the Russians?
I really don't see how this is a story :?:

Yeah it took some time but the POTUS paid it out of his personal account...he didn't need to do that. Good for him.

My nephew told me his SGLI payment to his wife would have been $200,000.

So the son made his Mom the beneficiary and not the Dad...sounds like Dad trying to cash in on being a crappy husband and father.
The timing may be a coincidence. It could have taken a long time, and its possible it was all wrapped up on Wednesday - the very day the WP story broke. If so, it's an unfortunate set of events for our president.

I also found this from the article to be unfortunate:

Euvince Brooks’s son, Sgt. Roshain E. Brooks, 30, was killed Aug. 13 in Iraq. He has not heard from the White House. The president’s claim this week that he had called every military family to lose a son or daughter only upset the Brooks family more.
Brooks said that after watching the news on Tuesday night he wanted to set up a Twitter account to try to get the president’s attention.

“I said to my daughter, ‘Can you teach me to tweet, so I can tweet at the president and tell him he’s a liar?’” he said. “You know when you hear people lying, and you want to fight? That’s the way I feel last night. He’s a damn liar.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote: Attaboy! Trump’s lemming brigade is on the clock to try and deflect from his silliness.
You still pissed your old lady lost? :mrgreen:

You should be working, DC. Illegals on welfare and TB/hepatitis infected streets are counting on you. :D
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:The timing may be a coincidence. It could have taken a long time, and its possible it was all wrapped up on Wednesday - the very day the WP story broke. If so, it's an unfortunate set of events for our president.

Euvince Brooks’s son, Sgt. Roshain E. Brooks, 30, was killed Aug. 13 in Iraq. He has not heard from the White House. The president’s claim this week that he had called every military family to lose a son or daughter only upset the Brooks family more.
Brooks said that after watching the news on Tuesday night he wanted to set up a Twitter account to try to get the president’s attention.

“I said to my daughter, ‘Can you teach me to tweet, so I can tweet at the president and tell him he’s a liar?’” he said. “You know when you hear people lying, and you want to fight? That’s the way I feel last night. He’s a damn liar.”

Was Sgt. Brooks a "Gold Star" soldier...I know Baldridge was...I thought the POTUS had said that all of the gold Star parents were contacted :?:

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:The timing may be a coincidence. It could have taken a long time, and its possible it was all wrapped up on Wednesday - the very day the WP story broke. If so, it's an unfortunate set of events for our president.

Was Sgt. Brooks a "Gold Star" soldier...I know Baldridge was...I thought the POTUS had said that all of the gold Star parents were contacted :?:
Is it possible that POTUS lied?

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote: Attaboy! Trump’s lemming brigade is on the clock to try and deflect from his silliness.

You should be working, DC. Illegals on welfare and TB/hepatitis infected streets are counting on you. :D
I’m sure that means something inside your head.
Major Kong

Post by Major Kong »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Is it possible that POTUS lied?

He's a politician of course it's possible he lied but that doesn't answer the question if Brooks was a Gold Star...It was easy to find out that info on Baldridge but I've seen nothing to indicate that about Brooks or Stigler.

ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

I’m sure that means something inside your head.
As best I can tell, the poster is criticizing you for being employed and paying taxes.

HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

It’s amazing you Unusuals are distracted by this story being blown up and politicized by The Ministry of Truth. Yet the one person so consumed by Russian interference could give a rats ass about the real Russian collusion and an actual $145M payoff.....and the new discovery of threatening of an informant(hell, I thought you guys loved informants, or is that only when they benefit your fellow comrades) with losing their freedoms.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

Yeah, fake news, move along.
People who know, know.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:

Is it possible that POTUS lied?

Trump? Possibly. Obama? Most certainly.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

TheH2 wrote:
Correct.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Correct.
It's sad that John Kelly has had to lower himself to defending this fake news.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Correct.
Yup. And what he said was dead on......but somehow, someway, he will be blasted for saying it.

Dennis Miller once again sums it up best:
The Democratic Party views Frederica Wilson as Joan of Arc and General Kelly as traitorous. What more do you need to know?

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Correct.
Yup. And what he said was dead on......but somehow, someway, he will be blasted for saying it.

The Democratic Party views Frederica Wilson as Joan of Arc and General Kelly as traitorous. What more do you need to know?
He’s completely wrong about Wilson. Congressmen are often there when families of the military are going to see their relatives caskets for the first time. And Wilson is a friend of the family, not just their Congressman. Nothing odd about that at all. It’s strange that he thinks it’s odd for Wilson to be present for a private call, while at the same time, he’s listening to it also.
He was dead on with regard to his points about what Trump was trying to convey. He blew it trying to attack Wilson.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Correct.

He’s completely wrong about Wilson. Congressmen are often there when families of the military are going to see their relatives caskets for the first time. And Wilson is a friend of the family, not just their Congressman. Nothing odd about that at all. It’s strange that he thinks it’s odd for Wilson to be present for a private call, while at the same time, he’s listening to it also.
He was dead on with regard to his points about what Trump was trying to convey. He blew it trying to attack Wilson.
Nope, it's strange for s congressman to be there.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
TheH2 wrote:
Correct.

He’s saying the Democrat Party is making her a saint for politicizing the whole thing, which in my mind, is despicable.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

He’s saying the Democrat Party is making her a saint for politicizing the whole thing, which in my mind, is despicable.
Are you saying you think politicizing the calls to soldiers is despicable?

If you are saying that, you might want to take a time machine back to 10/16/17.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Trump supporters seem to forget that most of his mess is of their own leaders doing.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Trump supporters seem to forget that most of his mess is of their own leaders doing.
actually no, it is people and the msm doing everything possible to get him out of office.... check out Kelly telling the press they are effing idiots yesterday, it was epic
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

Damn you’re good at ignoring your beloved Democrat Party.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

actually no, it is people and the msm doing everything possible to get him out of office.... check out Kelly telling the press they are effing idiots yesterday, it was epic
Yup. Epic moment. There is nothing sacred to the left though.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

I wish he’d never said what he did. I wish he would have just stayed silent on the issue.....but.....it’s Trump, and he fights back.

HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

This is the moron who suddenly loves our servicemen and women.....she voted against soldiers receiving burial benefits.
Attachments
A7663584-32CA-443D-B5C7-7A9903EADD64.jpeg
A7663584-32CA-443D-B5C7-7A9903EADD64.jpeg (98.03 KiB) Viewed 1221 times