Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

NK talks are coming up

Post by awesome guy »

Expectations? Image
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Vienna_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: libertarian

Re: NK talks are coming up

Post by Vienna_Hokie »

Don't expect much....but maybe it can be the start of something other than the history of blackmail for goodies that has been going on for years.
Looks like the only thing 1984 got wrong was the date.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Vienna_Hokie wrote:Don't expect much....but maybe it can be the start of something other than the history of blackmail for goodies that has been going on for years.

Blackmail is exactly what it has been.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
Vienna_Hokie wrote:Don't expect much....but maybe it can be the start of something other than the history of blackmail for goodies that has been going on for years.

Yeah, my criteria for a "win" here is that NK begins (really) dismantling their nuclear program under US supervision without getting a paycheck for it.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:Image

:lol:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
fatman

Post by fatman »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:

Yeah, my criteria for a "win" here is that NK begins (really) dismantling their nuclear program under US supervision without getting a paycheck for it.
Why would NK do that? Thats not fair to trump. NK has behaved pretty much the sane over thr past 50 years. It hasnt mattered much who is the US POTUS.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

I think NK now envisions themselves as one of the big boys, ready to sit at the adult table. No longer an irritating, whiny kid trying to get the parents attention. As a legitimate holder of nukes he feels he now garners attention and respect and I expect he's looking to work a deal with the US like Russia and China have.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

133743Hokie wrote:I think NK now envisions themselves as one of the big boys, ready to sit at the adult table. No longer an irritating, whiny kid trying to get the parents attention. As a legitimate holder of nukes he feels he now garners attention and respect and I expect he's looking to work a deal with the US like Russia and China have.
Hopefully, getting him out of NK will allow him to see what a shithole he's created vs the rest of the world.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
133743Hokie wrote:I think NK now envisions themselves as one of the big boys, ready to sit at the adult table. No longer an irritating, whiny kid trying to get the parents attention. As a legitimate holder of nukes he feels he now garners attention and respect and I expect he's looking to work a deal with the US like Russia and China have.
Hopefully, getting him out of NK will allow him to see what a shithole he's created vs the rest of the world.
He went to college in Switzerland. I'm pretty sure he's fine with ruling in hell.