Up is down, left is right, cats & dogs living together....

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Up is down, left is right, cats & dogs living together....

Post by USN_Hokie »

...and every person I follow on Twitter is talking about Kanye West :lol:
Kanye is still insane, but I'm loving watching the media lose their effing minds over a black celebrity telling other blacks they can move off the Democrat plantation.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Up is down, left is right, cats & dogs living together..

Post by awesome guy »

I feel dirty and a bit hypocritical actually enjoying anything from Kayne. He's exposing the left's racism for sure, it's overdue.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I feel dirty and a bit hypocritical actually enjoying anything from Kayne. He's exposing the left's racism for sure, it's overdue.
He and Trump are cut from the same clothe. I would suggest that your like of one, and your dislike of the other, are due to blindspots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I feel dirty and a bit hypocritical actually enjoying anything from Kayne. He's exposing the left's racism for sure, it's overdue.
He and Trump are cut from the same clothe. I would suggest that your like of one, and your dislike of the other, are due to blindspots.

Nope
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

he is wrong also, chicago changed

a whole bunch of black folks decreased the population of other black folks daily.... so some items did change
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

a whole bunch of black folks decreased the population of other black folks daily.... so some items did change
I’m not familiar with the back story. I make it a point not to care about Kayne West.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I’m not familiar with the back story. I make it a point not to care about Kayne West.

kanye tweeted out some stuff kind of in support of Trump or his idea the other day and the folks with THD went ballistic on him, same as the black woman that got heckled at a conference and put the THD crazies to shame in a few minutes
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

The left is scared because he is “woke”......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

kanye tweeted out some stuff kind of in support of Trump or his idea the other day and the folks with THD went ballistic on him, same as the black woman that got heckled at a conference and put the THD crazies to shame in a few minutes
Kanye has the same factual understanding of Chicago homicides as most people.

Chicago is a craphole when it comes to murders, but from 2004 to about 2015, the homicide rate was low....for Chicago.
It spiked in 2016 and came down some in 2017.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Chicago is a craphole when it comes to murders, but from 2004 to about 2015, the homicide rate was low....for Chicago.

Nothing in Chicago changed.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Image[/quote]

Nothing in Chicago changed.[/quote]

Murder rates were @ historical lows....what did he want to happen?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Murder rates were @ historical lows....what did he want to happen?[/quote]

1. You know Chicago has one of the worst murder rates in the country, right? Even the "good" numbers (thanks George Bush!) are terrible.

2. Chicago is a shirt hole for far more reasons than just their terrible murder rate.

There was nothing wrong with his comment, but congratulations on your cherry-picking and misrepresentation of data to white knight for Barry.

Lol.... "record low"!

Jack Galt
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: none of the above

Post by Jack Galt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Maybe for the homicide rate per 100,000 in Chicago to be closer to the national average of 5.5? Based on your own graphic, Kanye is right, nothing changed.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm
"Russia? The 1980s are now calling to ask for their foreign policy back because the Cold War’s been over for 20 years.” - B. Obama

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Jack Galt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Maybe for the homicide rate per 100,000 in Chicago to be closer to the national average of 5.5? Based on your own graphic, Kanye is right, nothing changed.

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm[/quote]

You might even say it got objectively worse compared to where it was when he came into office. Oh, and we won't even get into Rahm's manipulation of crime stats...
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

1. You know Chicago has one of the worst murder rates in the country, right? Even the "good" numbers (thanks George Bush!) are terrible.

2. Chicago is a shirt hole for far more reasons than just their terrible murder rate.

There was nothing wrong with his comment, but congratulations on your cherry-picking and misrepresentation of data to white knight for Barry.

Lol.... "record low"!

Image[/quote]

White knighting for Barry. You're such a dope. This has nothing to do with Obama.

It's amazing how poor your reading comprehension has gotten.

You ask this question, "You know Chicago has one of the worst murder rates in the country, right? Even the "good" numbers (thanks George Bush!) are terrible.", right after I said, "Chicago is a craphole when it comes to murders, but from 2004 to about 2015, the homicide rate was low....for Chicago." Maybe next time stop responding to me by repeating what I said in question form.

And also don't put quotes around things I didn't say, like "record low". It's funny watching certain people stand up for Kanye. Trump certainly creates strange bedfellows.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

Jack Galt wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/homicide.htm[/quote]

That's a nice thought, but is it realistic? There are certain parts of Chicago that are just nuts. Kanye is right, nothing has changed. My question why is he upset? He sounds like the ppl that have been screaming "Chicago is falling apart", as if things in Chicago have been getting worse for the last decade. Kudos to anyone that can get Chicago to have less murders, but I don't think anyone has an answer.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:[

Lol.... "record low"!

Image[/quote]

White knighting for Barry. You're such a dope. This has nothing to do with Obama.

You ask this question, "You know Chicago has one of the worst murder rates in the country, right? Even the "good" numbers (thanks George Bush!) are terrible.", right after I said, "Chicago is a craphole when it comes to murders, but from 2004 to about 2015, the homicide rate was low....for Chicago." Maybe next time stop responding to me by repeating what I said in question form.

And also don't put quotes around things I didn't say, like "record low". It's funny watching certain people stand up for Kanye. Trump certainly creates strange bedfellows.[/quote]

1. I'm sorry princess - you said "historical [record] low". If you can attempt to explain the difference between that and record low, I'll apologize. (spoiler: he won't)

2. Explaining your shitty non sequitur argument again doesn't make it any less stupid.

3. I'm not defending Kanye West, I'm attacking your stupid argument.

Again - the homicide rate in Chicago didn't get better over the course of Obama's term, it got worse. Rates weren't at historical [record] lows, and Chicago has objectively terrible homicide rates compared to the rest of the country. But - the best part - his stupid tweet didn't even mention homicides. You could have picked any other irrelevant stat (graduation rates?) to try and white knight for Obama, but you picked the one that makes the worst argument.

In sum total, I'm assigning your argument 5 out of 5 full retards. Collect your trophy from Diggety.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lol.... "record low"!

And also don't put quotes around things I didn't say, like "record low". It's funny watching certain people stand up for Kanye. Trump certainly creates strange bedfellows.[/quote]

1. I'm sorry princess - you said "historical [record] low". If you can attempt to explain the difference between that and record low, I'll apologize. (spoiler: he won't)

2. Explaining your shitty non sequitur argument again doesn't make it any less stupid.

Again - the homicide rate in Chicago didn't get better over the course of Obama's term, it got worse. Rates weren't at historical [record] lows, and Chicago has objectively terrible homicide rates compared to the rest of the country. But - the best part - his stupid tweet didn't even mention homicides. You could have picked any other irrelevant stat (graduation rates?) to try and white knight for Obama, but you picked the one that makes the worst argument.

In sum total, I'm assigning your argument 5 out of 5 full retards. Collect your trophy from Diggety.[/quote]

Chicago is not a shithole.

HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Lol.... "record low"!

In sum total, I'm assigning your argument 5 out of 5 full retards. Collect your trophy from Diggety.[/quote]

A record low would be the lowest ever. Historical simply means in reference to the past. Now, if I had used historic, you may have a good argument, as historic refers to something that is significant. Sorry to ruin your spoiler alert. Just continues your historic streak of being wrong.

Sure, Kanye didn't mention a stat. If you think he was talking about something other than the one stat that has been thrown out there over and over again for years, have at it. I'll go with homicide.

Finally, the best part about this really, is that of all the things that rappers say all the time, what Kanye said is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 100. If they want to have a real discussion, talk about the general tone of rap.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Lol, that's bull crap and you know it. You're either an idiot with no grasp of the human language, or you're trying to weasel out of your deceptive language. I'm not really sure which is the case, but am leaning towards the former after you said you could read Kanye's mind to know he was talking about murder rates when he never mentioned that at all - and I have no idea what your last comment is supposed to mean.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote: kanye tweeted out some stuff kind of in support of Trump or his idea the other day and the folks with THD went ballistic on him, same as the black woman that got heckled at a conference and put the THD crazies to shame in a few minutes

Lol.... "record low"!

And also don't put quotes around things I didn't say, like "record low". It's funny watching certain people stand up for Kanye. Trump certainly creates strange bedfellows.

A record low would be the lowest ever. Historical simply means in reference to the past. Now, if I had used historic, you may have a good argument, as historic refers to something that is significant. Sorry to ruin your spoiler alert. Just continues your historic streak of being wrong.

Sure, Kanye didn't mention a stat. If you think he was talking about something other than the one stat that has been thrown out there over and over again for years, have at it. I'll go with homicide.

Finally, the best part about this really, is that of all the things that rappers say all the time, what Kanye said is a 2 on a scale of 1 to 100. If they want to have a real discussion, talk about the general tone of rap.[/quote]LOL, golden shovel worthy BS right there!
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:Lol, that's bull crap and you know it. You're either an idiot with no grasp of the human language, or you're trying to weasel out of your deceptive language. I'm not really sure which is the case, but am leaning towards the former after you said you could read Kanye's mind to know he was talking about murder rates when he never mentioned that at all - and I have no idea what your last comment is supposed to mean.
Or, you could just pick up a dictionary.........

I didn't say I read Kanye's mind. I said that the overwhelming Chicago talking point is about murders, so I'm guessing that he is talking about murders. If you don't want to utilize critical thinking, have at it, just make sure you are consistent in taking things literally, and not adding any additional meaning or judgment to what someone says.

On the last comment, it's about people being upset at Kanye taking Trump's side, and that he's setting a bad example by siding with Trump and not talking about what a bad example Trump is. And many of those people being mad at Kanye say nothing about the rap culture that glorifies a lot of what is happening in Chicago - guns, drugs, banging as many women as possible, etc. If people actually had a real conversation about the issues, which is probably what Kanye is trying to get to, they'd be talking about those things.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Lol, that's bull crap and you know it. You're either an idiot with no grasp of the human language, or you're trying to weasel out of your deceptive language. I'm not really sure which is the case, but am leaning towards the former after you said you could read Kanye's mind to know he was talking about murder rates when he never mentioned that at all - and I have no idea what your last comment is supposed to mean.

I didn't say I read Kanye's mind. I said that the overwhelming Chicago talking point is about murders, so I'm guessing that he is talking about murders. If you don't want to utilize critical thinking, have at it, just make sure you are consistent in taking things literally, and not adding any additional meaning or judgment to what someone says.

On the last comment, it's about people being upset at Kanye taking Trump's side, and that he's setting a bad example by siding with Trump and not talking about what a bad example Trump is. And many of those people being mad at Kanye say nothing about the rap culture that glorifies a lot of what is happening in Chicago - guns, drugs, banging as many women as possible, etc. If people actually had a real conversation about the issues, which is probably what Kanye is trying to get to, they'd be talking about those things.
No, dumbarse, there is no different context of time between historic and historical, only the notoriety of the event itself. For example, HokieFanDC defending conservative principles would be a historic event, whereas there are infinite examples of you defending liberal policy in the historical record. Maybe you should pick up a dictionary. I'm going to make an exception and award you a rare 6 out 5 possible total retards for this thread.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

USN_Hokie wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:

No, dumbarse, there is no different context of time between historic and historical, only the notoriety of the event itself. For example, HokieFanDC defending conservative principles would be a historic event, whereas there are infinite examples of you defending liberal policy in the historical record. Maybe you should pick up a dictionary. I'm going to make an exception and award you a rare 6 out 5 possible total retards for this thread.
LOL, dumbarse, no one was talking about time. A comparison of the words "record" and "historical" is about the significance of the event, not when it happened. A record is significant (historic) because it's the highest or lowest of it's kind. Something that is historically low (or high), is lower (or higher) than what has been the norm, not THE lowest or highest.

As for your last part, your FOS. What liberal policies do you think I've supported? I doubt that you could name 3.
Spoiler alert: You can't answer that question. :mrgreen: