I'm glad that the truckers are getting ticketed

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

I'm glad that the truckers are getting ticketed

Post by nolanvt »

this morning on the beltway. Salute to the police officers for pulling them over. Hope they get $1,000 tickets.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nati ... t/2962045/
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
cwtcr hokie

Re: I'm glad that the truckers are getting ticketed

Post by cwtcr hokie »

ticket for what, driving the speed limit? unless there is a lane restriction in place there is no law being broken
nolanvt wrote:this morning on the beltway. Salute to the police officers for pulling them over. Hope they get $1,000 tickets.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

cwtcr hokie wrote:ticket for what, driving the speed limit? unless there is a lane restriction in place there is no law being broken
nolanvt wrote:this morning on the beltway. Salute to the police officers for pulling them over. Hope they get $1,000 tickets.

Organized convoys are generally illegal because they impede traffic and create hazardous traffic conditions.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I trust we will see your indignation the next time a stench mob violates permit laws in NYC or elsewhere.
Or when hooligans in Wisconsin violate the law and cause hundreds of thousands if dollars in vandalism.

Or did you post your indignation during those events as well?

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

trucks travel together all the time, kind of tough to prove that in court tho. They are not stopping traffic, they are rolling and from the different sources it is mostly a hoax, also not the first time various groups have tried to make a point in the capital. They are correct in their gripes tho, with the changes to the regs and the price of diesel trucking is very difficult these days, and without them your food lion will be very empty
nolanvt wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:ticket for what, driving the speed limit? unless there is a lane restriction in place there is no law being broken

Organized convoys are generally illegal because they impede traffic and create hazardous traffic conditions.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

oaktonhokie wrote:I trust we will see your indignation the next time a stench mob violates permit laws in NYC or elsewhere.
Or when hooligans in Wisconsin violate the law and cause hundreds of thousands if dollars in vandalism.

Occupy Wallstreeters annoyed the hell out of me, too, because they smelled and trashed the areas they were in, which resulted in rat infestation in the buildings immediately surrounding their camp. There was a reason city Mayors wanted them out even though they could sympathize with them politically.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

nolanvt wrote:

Good luck proving the ticketed drivers were "organized".
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Just wondering if you posted your indignation on uws of if you suffered your indignation in silenece.

You obviously could not remain silent when conservative truckers protest

nolanvt wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:I trust we will see your indignation the next time a stench mob violates permit laws in NYC or elsewhere.

Occupy Wallstreeters annoyed the hell out of me, too, because they smelled and trashed the areas they were in, which resulted in rat infestation in the buildings immediately surrounding their camp. There was a reason city Mayors wanted them out even though they could sympathize with them politically.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

My response would be to conduct protests that make sense. For example, don't protest the price of gas by wasting gas. Also, I'm not sure impeding traffic and pissing off the public is going to gain support for your cause, so this was clearly not well-planned.

While convoys are technically illegal and don't always result in mass ticket issuances, telegraphing your move put the police on alert to give them an excuse to legally pull you over.
cwtcr hokie wrote:trucks travel together all the time, kind of tough to prove that in court tho. They are not stopping traffic, they are rolling and from the different sources it is mostly a hoax, also not the first time various groups have tried to make a point in the capital. They are correct in their gripes tho, with the changes to the regs and the price of diesel trucking is very difficult these days, and without them your food lion will be very empty
nolanvt wrote:

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

One batch of trucks were reported to have been four-wide purposefully going 10 mph. Getting pulled over and interfering with the other drivers on the road is really going to put the screws to Congress on whatever it is they're protesting.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:My response would be to conduct protests that make sense. For example, don't protest the price of gas by wasting gas. Also, I'm not sure impeding traffic and pissing off the public is going to gain support for your cause, so this was clearly not well-planned.

While convoys are technically illegal and don't always result in mass ticket issuances, telegraphing your move put the police on alert to give them an excuse to legally pull you over.
cwtcr hokie wrote:trucks travel together all the time, kind of tough to prove that in court tho. They are not stopping traffic, they are rolling and from the different sources it is mostly a hoax, also not the first time various groups have tried to make a point in the capital. They are correct in their gripes tho, with the changes to the regs and the price of diesel trucking is very difficult these days, and without them your food lion will be very empty
nolanvt wrote:

What if they were gay truckers?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

So all these champions of the free market have come to Washington to protest the price of gas?

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

[quote="awesome guy"

What if they were gay truckers?[/quote]

I support their right to be treated equally under the law and pay whatever tickets are levied.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HooFighter wrote:So all these champions of the free market have come to Washington to protest the price of gas?
Haven't looked into it too much, but something along those lines with the Constitution mixed in there. I have no idea to be honest, but they're making "my team" or the side I align myself with politically look bad.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

If they are going 10 mph then yea they get a ticket, of course when I lived in nova 10 mph on the beltway was the normal speed, it was closer to 5 mph on 66
nolanvt wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

One batch of trucks were reported to have been four-wide purposefully going 10 mph. Getting pulled over and interfering with the other drivers on the road is really going to put the screws to Congress on whatever it is they're protesting.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

nolanvt wrote:Haven't looked into it too much, but something along those lines with the Constitution mixed in there. I have no idea to be honest, but they're making "my team" or the side I align myself with politically look bad.
They certainly aren't doing you guys any favors. One of the "organizers" they had on Fox News this week posted a comment on a YouTube Benghazi video that Obama is actually Osama bin Laden.

I hope they enjoy their time here protesting the overreach of the federal government before going back to making their living driving on interstate highways.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

Sort of like closing down national parks and memorials when it cost more than to leave them open. Got it.
nolanvt wrote:My response would be to conduct protests that make sense. For example, don't protest the price of gas by wasting gas.
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
What if they were gay truckers?
I support their right to be treated equally under the law and pay whatever tickets are levied.
But you would vote for them on that sole criteria.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

RWNJ wrote:Sort of like closing down national parks and memorials when it cost more than to leave them open. Got it.
nolanvt wrote:My response would be to conduct protests that make sense. For example, don't protest the price of gas by wasting gas.
It seems you don't understand why the parks/memorials are closed, but I'm assuming you're a parody account.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
RWNJ wrote:Sort of like closing down national parks and memorials when it cost more than to leave them open. Got it.
It seems you don't understand why the parks/memorials are closed, but I'm assuming you're a parody account.
Enlighten us, why are open air memorials, parking spaces, and the ocean closed?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
And hot off the press , why are they taking handles off water fountains on walking trails?
RWNJ
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by RWNJ »

Thanks AG, best me to it. Yes, please enlighten me NVT. SEEMS I don't understand, but you ASSUME a lot.
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
And hot off the press , why are they taking handles off water fountains on walking trails?
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
We lived through Obama, you'll live through Trump
Marine Hokie

Post by Marine Hokie »

HooFighter wrote:
nolanvt wrote:Haven't looked into it too much, but something along those lines with the Constitution mixed in there. I have no idea to be honest, but they're making "my team" or the side I align myself with politically look bad.
They certainly aren't doing you guys any favors. One of the "organizers" they had on Fox News this week posted a comment on a YouTube Benghazi video that Obama is actually Osama bin Laden.

I hope they enjoy their time here protesting the overreach of the federal government before going back to making their living driving on interstate highways.
I suspect the truckers either a) don't think interstates are US government overreach (most republicans don't) or b) if they do, accept that they currently claim a monopoly on building interstates, and are forced to pay for them, so they may as well use them.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

This is the kind of stuff that gets you tickets.

Techmomof2
Alma Mater: Penn State

For those who want to listen:

Post by Techmomof2 »

Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/ridefortheconstitution

Live stream, you can cancel screen that asks for your info and still hear it.
http://www.spreaker.com/user/thepetesan ... denied#_=_