Obama is not a leader, he is a non-stop campaigner.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
fatman

Obama is not a leader, he is a non-stop campaigner.

Post by fatman »

http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/10/10/gop-plum ... -standoff/

The poll #'s back up my notes last week on the Gov't shutdown. The GOP leadership have no control over their party and appear to have no plan for their internal crisis. They are beholden to a small minority that is forcing unpopular policy on the entire party. Obama knows that this Gov't shutdown is a huge drain on the popularity of the GOP, so he is making zero effort to save the GOP from themselves by offering them a face-saving out on this Gov't shutdown. I think he wants to let this shutdown bleed and much and as long as possible in public to maximize the damage of the GOP, none of these clowns care about the country.....they are just playing games.

The fallout is that the dudes who were reading green eggs and ham are going to be toxic for the party. Even in a blueish/purple state like VA, the candidates association with cruz is being used against him in the election.
Marine Hokie

Re: Obama is not a leader, he is a non-stop campaigner.

Post by Marine Hokie »

fatman wrote:http://tv.msnbc.com/2013/10/10/gop-plum ... -standoff/

The poll #'s back up my notes last week on the Gov't shutdown. The GOP leadership have no control over their party and appear to have no plan for their internal crisis. They are beholden to a small minority that is forcing unpopular policy on the entire party. Obama knows that this Gov't shutdown is a huge drain on the popularity of the GOP, so he is making zero effort to save the GOP from themselves by offering them a face-saving out on this Gov't shutdown. I think he wants to let this shutdown bleed and much and as long as possible in public to maximize the damage of the GOP, none of these clowns care about the country.....they are just playing games.

The fallout is that the dudes who were reading green eggs and ham are going to be toxic for the party. Even in a blueish/purple state like VA, the candidates association with cruz is being used against him in the election.
You're just repeating talking points. The tea party doesn't represent a tiny minority of republican voters.
A man is no less a slave because he is allowed to choose a new master once in a term of years.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Ah, a 30%er
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

1. You should know that the national approval rating for congress is a worthless stat.

2. The fact that all you can point out from Cruz's 18 (21?) hours speaking before that Senate chamber is 5 (maybe 10?) minutes reciting Dr. Seuss (far sillier things have been read in the Senate chamber) is quite telling with respect to your political orientation.

3. While I don't think anyone walks out of this with a clean nose, you're post kinda' reads like a Baghdad Bob pep talk.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

they all look dumb, the prez esp. for refusing to negotiate at all. But the reality remains, the country is spending way more than it takes in and we already pay a huge amount in taxes (those that pay taxes) so this is not sustainable. The prez has been vindictive from the start on this, guess that dicatator thing is not working out quite like he figured. But lets continue to create this mess, it will solve itself