Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Bill Maher's guests had it right last night

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

The Pubs would have looked like superstars now if they had just shut up and waited for the disasters to come, like healthcare.gov, and the nose ring crowd realizing they were going to have to pay for their healthcare.

How sick are you of the Apple comparisons to Healthcare.gov? Hundreds of millions of users compared to thousands is a big diff.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Bill Maher's guests had it right last night

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:The Pubs would have looked like superstars now if they had just shut up and waited for the disasters to come, like healthcare.gov, and the nose ring crowd realizing they were going to have to pay for their healthcare.

How sick are you of the Apple comparisons to Healthcare.gov? Hundreds of millions of users compared to thousands is a big diff.

There's no comparison to apple. The did it better, cheaper, faster. The free market crushes centralized planners all the time. Healthcare.gov doesn't even work.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Re: Bill Maher's guests had it right last night

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:The Pubs would have looked like superstars now if they had just shut up and waited for the disasters to come, like healthcare.gov, and the nose ring crowd realizing they were going to have to pay for their healthcare.

Very true. I saw the show and I agree with the statement above. The Rs embarassment over shutting down the government has completely overshadowed what would have been a good story for them. The rollout of the ACA has been a complete embarrassment. Just letting it happen and then making the case to the country that "they are not ready, let's delay this fine law for a year so they can properly code and test it." LOL... would have been a home run.