If we don't raise the debt ceiling immdiately, it could be

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

If we don't raise the debt ceiling immdiately, it could be

Post by oaktonhokie »

as bad as y2k and the sequester .... combined.

Liberals are now demanding that spending go back to pre sequester levels.

It's like a car dealer having a price of $20,000, and when you finally agree to his price, he raises it to $22,000.

That sort of negotiating strategy works on rubes, morons, and Republicans in Congress.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Re: If we don't raise the debt ceiling immdiately, it could

Post by VoiceOfReason »

oaktonhokie wrote:as bad as y2k and the sequester .... combined.

It's like a car dealer having a price of $20,000, and when you finally agree to his price, he raises it to $22,000.

That sort of negotiating strategy works on rubes, morons, and Republicans in Congress.
It's a negotiating tactic. Nothing more. I doubt the Ds will be so stupid as to overplay their hand like that. But then again, it's hardly possible to underestimate the stupidity of a congressman.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:as bad as y2k and the sequester .... combined.

It's a negotiating tactic. Nothing more. I doubt the Ds will be so stupid as to overplay their hand like that. But then again, it's hardly possible to underestimate the stupidity of a congressman.
that's an unnegotiating tactic. A suicide bomb, a poison pill. Only terrorists and the mafia negotiate like that.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

VoiceOfReason wrote:It's a negotiating tactic. Nothing more. I doubt the Ds will be so stupid as to overplay their hand like that. But then again, it's hardly possible to underestimate the stupidity of a congressman.
No, look at the so-called "clean" bill the democrats offered. It only went through November 15 and, even at that, it raised spending levels. The end game for them has always been to get rid of the sequester.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

BigDave wrote: No, look at the so-called "clean" bill the democrats offered. It only went through November 15 and, even at that, it raised spending levels. The end game for them has always been to get rid of the sequester.
I have no problem with the Nov 15 date. If the Ds want to negotiate on the sequester, let them... after the CR and debt ceiling issue is passed. If there is other crap in their offer... then it needs to be taken out. They can't have it both ways.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

spending smending, who cares, lets just keep spending way more than we take in, we don't pay (those that actually pay for all the services) near enough in taxes, we should pay 75-85 % of our income in taxes for all the little people, think of the chillrens. Lets just spend spend spend, hell your kids can figure out how to kick the can down the road just as our politicians have, no sweat..... spend people spend!!!!!
VoiceOfReason wrote:
BigDave wrote: No, look at the so-called "clean" bill the democrats offered. It only went through November 15 and, even at that, it raised spending levels. The end game for them has always been to get rid of the sequester.
I have no problem with the Nov 15 date. If the Ds want to negotiate on the sequester, let them... after the CR and debt ceiling issue is passed. If there is other crap in their offer... then it needs to be taken out. They can't have it both ways.
VoiceOfReason

Post by VoiceOfReason »

cwtcr hokie wrote:spending smending, who cares, lets just keep spending way more than we take in, we don't pay (those that actually pay for all the services) near enough in taxes, we should pay 75-85 % of our income in taxes for all the little people, think of the chillrens. Lets just spend spend spend, hell your kids can figure out how to kick the can down the road just as our politicians have, no sweat..... spend people spend!!!!!
VoiceOfReason wrote:
If you feel that way, that is your opinion. No need to include my post as a quote... I never advocated anything like those positions.