what in the hells, doctors are prescribing

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Homebrew

what in the hells, doctors are prescribing

Post by Homebrew »

Fruits and vegetable in Baltimore, and people get their prescribed food paid for?

ideal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: what in the hells, doctors are prescribing

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Homebrew wrote:Fruits and vegetable in Baltimore, and people get their prescribed food paid for?

ideal.

If you thinks prescription medications are better than a heathy diet, then you are feeding into the machine. This is probably the biggest problem in America right now. Crappy diet-->sick people-->money to big pharma and hospitals-->Medicare/Medicaid deficit spending, disability payments and out of control health insurance costs.

The Standard American Diet, aka SAD, is the root cause of the healthcare crisis in this country. You should really watch the movie Forks Over Knives to gain some perspective, www.forksoverknives.com

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

No one suggests drugs replace food.
So. Should food be prescribed, then paid for by insurance?

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
Homebrew wrote:Fruits and vegetable in Baltimore, and people get their prescribed food paid for?

ideal.

If you thinks prescription medications are better than a heathy diet, then you are feeding into the machine. This is probably the biggest problem in America right now. Crappy diet-->sick people-->money to big pharma and hospitals-->Medicare/Medicaid deficit spending, disability payments and out of control health insurance costs.

The Standard American Diet, aka SAD, is the root cause of the healthcare crisis in this country. You should really watch the movie Forks Over Knives to gain some perspective, http://www.forksoverknives.com

So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

ideal.

The Standard American Diet, aka SAD, is the root cause of the healthcare crisis in this country. You should really watch the movie Forks Over Knives to gain some perspective, http://www.forksoverknives.com

Don't care about big pharma. What I care about is that people are given more stuff to help them survive when Darwin wants them to perish.

USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:No one suggests drugs replace food.
Except for Karen Carpenter.........
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:No one suggests drugs replace food.
Except for Karen Carpenter.........
LOL, nice pull.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I think it's the idea of insurance paying for it that's controversial, not the idea of eating fresh veggies.
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

ideal.

Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:I think it's the idea of insurance paying for it that's controversial, not the idea of eating fresh veggies.

Good point, but what if you are paying for their food stamps anyway, and they are living on ding dongs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:I think it's the idea of insurance paying for it that's controversial, not the idea of eating fresh veggies.

Good point, but what if you are paying for their food stamps anyway, and they are living on ding dongs?

I'll phrase your question differently so that my answer is less complicated:) Do I like public money paying for food stamps?

I don't mind and in fact am compelled to help my fellow human being through my religious beliefs. So I'm happy to help people. But I'm also against being forced to and having the government in the charity business. The federal government has no business operating charities. And when it does so, it just encourages fraud, abuse, and is akin to feeding wild animals. They become dependent on the freebies and never learn to live on their own. So I'm totally against that form of charity.

But when helping the poor in a private charity, I think it is beneficial to give them perimeter foods instead of ding-dongs and ho-hos.
GCHokie78

Post by GCHokie78 »

USN_Hokie wrote:Except for Karen Carpenter.........
One of the most unique and mesmerizing voices I ever heard.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:

Ding Dongs shouldn't be an allowable purchase if someone is enrolled on Food Stamps IMO.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson