Aspiring rapper - most hazardous career in US?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Aspiring rapper - most hazardous career in US?

Post by USN_Hokie »

These guys are really giving the Alaska Snow Crab fishermen a run for their money...
Illegal dice game ends with death of aspiring rapper, 15
Several others shot during incident, some familiar faces to police

BALTIMORE —A 15-year-old aspiring rapper was killed and six others were injured in a shooting at an illegal dice game in west Baltimore on Saturday evening.

Police said people who were gathered at the dice game in the 1500 block of West Fayette Street began to flag down officers when the shooting began at about 9:15 p.m.

Some of the victims were known to police, and at least one had been shot in the past, said 11 News reporter Sarah Sampson.

In music videos online, 15-year-old victim DeShaun Jones rapped about his aspirations and the pride he had in being from west Baltimore.

"Shout out to my hood, shout out to my fam," he said in one video. "We all trying to make a living in this rain, snow and that heat."

The backdrop for one video became the same street where the 15-year-old lost his life, 11 News reporter Don Champion said. A day after the shooting, Jones' music blared in the background feet away from where a teddy bear and balloons were left behind by grieving friends and family.

Investigators said they're not sure if Jones was taking part in the illegal dice game or if he was the intended target of the shooting. No arrests have been made in the case so far. Champion said many in the neighborhood were too afraid to talk about the shooting to 11 News.

"We don't know what the motive is, but what I know from history is that usually when you have an incident like this, there's some kind of connectivity to a robbery," said Police Commissioner Anthony Batts.

He said hundreds of officers have been investigating the violence that has plagued the city throughout the summer, and many of them were only blocks from the shooting.

"We can't have officers on every block, on every corner. Like we said, we deployed heavy numbers in this area," Batts said.

Although the area where the shooting occurred was not prone to heavy violence, Batts emphasized a city-wide approach.

"We have to start asking ourselves as a community that we have to put our foot down, and we have to modify our behavior. This is not how you deal with conflict in the city," Batts said. "It's unacceptable for us as a whole."

So far, the city has seen more than 140 killings this year.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/bal ... z2d4o6gX1X
CFB Apologist

Re: Aspiring rapper - most hazardous career in US?

Post by CFB Apologist »

USN_Hokie wrote:These guys are really giving the Alaska Snow Crab fishermen a run for their money...
Illegal dice game ends with death of aspiring rapper, 15
Several others shot during incident, some familiar faces to police

BALTIMORE —A 15-year-old aspiring rapper was killed and six others were injured in a shooting at an illegal dice game in west Baltimore on Saturday evening.

Police said people who were gathered at the dice game in the 1500 block of West Fayette Street began to flag down officers when the shooting began at about 9:15 p.m.

Some of the victims were known to police, and at least one had been shot in the past, said 11 News reporter Sarah Sampson.

In music videos online, 15-year-old victim DeShaun Jones rapped about his aspirations and the pride he had in being from west Baltimore.

"Shout out to my hood, shout out to my fam," he said in one video. "We all trying to make a living in this rain, snow and that heat."

The backdrop for one video became the same street where the 15-year-old lost his life, 11 News reporter Don Champion said. A day after the shooting, Jones' music blared in the background feet away from where a teddy bear and balloons were left behind by grieving friends and family.

Investigators said they're not sure if Jones was taking part in the illegal dice game or if he was the intended target of the shooting. No arrests have been made in the case so far. Champion said many in the neighborhood were too afraid to talk about the shooting to 11 News.

"We don't know what the motive is, but what I know from history is that usually when you have an incident like this, there's some kind of connectivity to a robbery," said Police Commissioner Anthony Batts.

He said hundreds of officers have been investigating the violence that has plagued the city throughout the summer, and many of them were only blocks from the shooting.

"We can't have officers on every block, on every corner. Like we said, we deployed heavy numbers in this area," Batts said.

Although the area where the shooting occurred was not prone to heavy violence, Batts emphasized a city-wide approach.

"We have to start asking ourselves as a community that we have to put our foot down, and we have to modify our behavior. This is not how you deal with conflict in the city," Batts said. "It's unacceptable for us as a whole."

So far, the city has seen more than 140 killings this year.

Read more: http://www.wbaltv.com/news/maryland/bal ... z2d4o6gX1X

Crime and illegal dice in Baltimore?? lol- no way?? I saw a dude in San Quentin - one of those "inside prison" shows- he was a white dude aspiring rapper... his main line was "Who is the one wearing Jordan's, and I'm catching more fish than the Gordon's"... awful...