Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

"Sucker Punch" game abruptly ends when victim reveals handg

Post by USN_Hokie »

I love a happy ending...

Quote:

The object: Target an innocent victim for no other reason than they are there, then sucker punch him or her.

But on this day in Lansing, there would be no punch. The teen-age attacker had a stun gun. He did not know his would-be victim was carrying a legally concealed pistol.

The teen lost the game.

http://www.mlive.com/news/index.ssf/201 ... er_default
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: "Sucker Punch" game abruptly ends when victim reveals h

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:I love a happy ending...

Quote:

The object: Target an innocent victim for no other reason than they are there, then sucker punch him or her.

But on this day in Lansing, there would be no punch. The teen-age attacker had a stun gun. He did not know his would-be victim was carrying a legally concealed pistol.

The teen lost the game.

What in the heck are these kids thinking?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
cardboard

Post by cardboard »

Maybe I have seen too many articles about crazy DAs, but it sure seems like the shooter could get in trouble. I think he is very lucky the teen fessed up, but I still wonder if something more will become of this.

Issue 1:
“It happened so fast I wasn’t sure. I just know something was shoved into my side. I wasn’t sure if it was a knife, if it was anything,” he told police.

So he shot the guy without really knowing what was going on? I think he knew what was going on, but his quote is terrible.

Issue 2:
"He shot Weaver in his buttocks as the teen turned to flee. "

So the threat was over and he fired a shot. Based on the quote in #1, this looks really bad. If he thought the perp had a gun and might turn around and fire, then this makes ore sense.

Quote:

The teen lost the game.

One4VT

Post by One4VT »

it probably happened very quick. A man gets something jabbed in his back and turns and defends himself. Even though the punk presented his rear end, he was still directly behind the victim and the vic still reasonably had no idea of his intentions. Frankly the kid is LUCKY he got shot in the ass. I think you are being harder on the victim then you need to be by parsing virtually every word.
cardboard wrote:Maybe I have seen too many articles about crazy DAs, but it sure seems like the shooter could get in trouble. I think he is very lucky the teen fessed up, but I still wonder if something more will become of this.

Issue 1:
“It happened so fast I wasn’t sure. I just know something was shoved into my side. I wasn’t sure if it was a knife, if it was anything,” he told police.

So he shot the guy without really knowing what was going on? I think he knew what was going on, but his quote is terrible.

Issue 2:

So the threat was over and he fired a shot. Based on the quote in #1, this looks really bad. If he thought the perp had a gun and might turn around and fire, then this makes ore sense.

Quote:

The teen lost the game.

Don't "Sub-Forum" my Thread Bro!
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

cardboard wrote:Maybe I have seen too many articles about crazy DAs, but it sure seems like the shooter could get in trouble. I think he is very lucky the teen fessed up, but I still wonder if something more will become of this.

Issue 1:

Issue 2:

Quote:

The teen lost the game.

I think it varies GREATLY from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

WRT your comment about him "thinking" a knife was being poked into him...all I'll say is that's enough justification for a cop to shoot someone.