Michigan city has majority snakes on city council.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Michigan city has majority snakes on city council.

Post by oaktonhokie »

Might be interesting to watch.

I'm sure that like the other 99.99999999%, they are good, honest, patriotic Americans.

Diversity, yay.

http://m.clickondetroit.com/news/hamtra ... l/36260616
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BG Hokie

Re: Michigan city has majority snakes on city council.

Post by BG Hokie »

Should America work to prevent these situations?
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Don't really care whether they elect Muslims, liberal nominal Christians, atheists, or anything else - I'm not going to agree with their politics, regardless of their religion, but am I the only one who smirked slightly that the town is named "Hamtramck"?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:Might be interesting to watch.

I'm sure that like the other 99.99999999%, they are good, honest, patriotic Americans.

Diversity, yay.

Embarrassing post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Our liberal compassionate politicians were not paying attention when Muslims overran London, Holland, and much of Europe.

Compassion, diversity, sophistication.

As I've said before, if you bend over backwards long enough, you're going to fall down.

My guess is that Hamtramck will begin fairly innocuously. Little teeny bits of Sharia law will find their way into city law. No big deal most of them are Muslims anyway. But then watch how they treat the police. In London there are police free zones where only Muslims can do the policing. Non-muslims are not welcome.

Before you laugh, mock, and embarrass yourself, we have something here called sanctuary cities. You know, where cities disobey state or federal law because they disagree with it for ideological reasons.

But that could never happen with Muslims, right?

We are lucky that 99.999999% of these people are really, really, really nice. Decent, hardworking, patriotic, law-abiding citizens. Otherwise, they might cut people's heads off and blow stuff up.

BG Hokie wrote:Should America work to prevent these situations?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

You have told us why your posts are so short. You probably think they are pithy. It rhymes with that.

We get it, you are very busy, because you are so important. But it almost seems like you don't have the intellect or the courage to engage, so you play the sniper. Taking cheap shots from the bushes so you won't have to engage.

Very lawyerly of you.

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Diversity, yay.

Embarrassing post.

absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

Diversity, yay.

So what should be done about it? Should the elections be invalidated or overturned?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Did I say that?
Did I imply that?
Did I suggest that?
Did I allude to that?

Or are you just as silly as the minstrual, and attempting to put words in my mouth so you can argue against those words? Your junior high school debating tactics are on par with the minstrual's. Embarrassing.

Everything the Muslims did in Hamtramck Michigan was legal. The issue is what comes next, silly.

In an effort to be compassionate, diverse, sophisticated, welcoming, and suicidal, watch the government allow a slow but sure evolution away from our Constitution and into Sharia law. It will happen slowly, as it did in Europe. But with weaklings like our current president and silly people at like you, it will happen.

To object is racist. To suggest that our Constitution should be implemented in our country instead of Shariah law, is racist, or nationalistic or xenophobic or .. Something.

I will try to spare you any more self humiliation by reminding you of sanctuary cities. You were about to say something really silly, like all this could never happen. Weren't you?

You liberals sit on a very high horse. Looking down on the rest of us and mocking. Remember the higher the horse, the farther the fall.

For our country.

absolutvt03 wrote:

Diversity, yay.

So what should be done about it? Should the elections be invalidated or overturned?
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

oaktonhokie wrote:Did I say that?
Did I imply that?
Did I suggest that?
Did I allude to that?

Or are you just as silly as the minstrual, and attempting to put words in my mouth so you can argue against those words? Your junior high school debating tactics are on par with the minstrual's. Embarrassing.

Everything the Muslims did in Hamtramck Michigan was legal. The issue is what comes next, silly.

In an effort to be compassionate, diverse, sophisticated, welcoming, and suicidal, watch the government allow a slow but sure evolution away from our Constitution and into Sharia law. It will happen slowly, as it did in Europe. But with weaklings like our current president and silly people at like you, it will happen.

To object is racist. To suggest that our Constitution should be implemented in our country instead of Shariah law, is racist, or nationalistic or xenophobic or .. Something.

I will try to spare you any more self humiliation by reminding you of sanctuary cities. You were about to say something really silly, like all this could never happen. Weren't you?

You liberals sit on a very high horse. Looking down on the rest of us and mocking. Remember the higher the horse, the farther of the fall.

For our country.
First off, take a deeeeep breath and relax.

Is asking a question "putting words in your mouth"? How about you just respond to the question instead of throwing a little hissy fit? The best part is you then proceed to put words in my mouth by saying "You were about to say something really silly, like all this could never happen." No, I was asking you what you propose should be done. You started the topic, if you didn't want to discuss it then why start it?

Any response to your own hypocritical actions or will you just fly off the handle with another nonsensical response?

And after all that ranting and raving you never actually answered my question. What should we do about it? Even if what you say happens, what would be the proper course of action?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

I was not crystal clear, you are correct. I thought you could figure it out. I overestimated you, sorry.

What should be done, is not to let happen what is going to happen. That is the incremental evolution in to Sharia law for some of our semi citizens. If they want to have a snake city in Michigan that's fine.
If people want to live there that's fine.
If non Muslims want to live there and that's fine. Muzzlams should not be allowed to keep them out. You know, kind of like borders and walls.

But there are laws in this country that apply to everyone. Muslims do not get to carve out a territory, and make it their own. They do not get to ignore our laws and install their own.

What we should do is nothing. Until they break the law. Until they decide they don't want to enforce the laws and rules of this country.

You know, like with sanctuary cities.

absolutvt03 wrote:
oaktonhokie wrote:Did I say that?
Did I imply that?
Did I suggest that?
Did I allude to that?

You liberals sit on a very high horse. Looking down on the rest of us and mocking. Remember the higher the horse, the farther of the fall.

For our country.
First off, take a deeeeep breath and relax.

Is asking a question "putting words in your mouth"? How about you just respond to the question instead of throwing a little hissy fit? The best part is you then proceed to put words in my mouth by saying "You were about to say something really silly, like all this could never happen." No, I was asking you what you propose should be done. You started the topic, if you didn't want to discuss it then why start it?

Any response to your own hypocritical actions or will you just fly off the handle with another nonsensical response?

And after all that ranting and raving you never actually answered my question. What should we do about it? Even if what you say happens, what would be the proper course of action?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

oaktonhokie wrote:You have told us why your posts are so short. You probably think they are pithy. It rhymes with that.

We get it, you are very busy, because you are so important. But it almost seems like you don't have the intellect or the courage to engage, so you play the sniper. Taking cheap shots from the bushes so you won't have to engage.

Very lawyerly of you.

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Diversity, yay.

Embarrassing post.

Got it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

oaktonhokie wrote:I was not crystal clear, you are correct. I thought you could figure it out. I overestimated you, sorry.

What should be done, is not to let happen what is going to happen. That is the incremental evolution in to Sharia law for some of our semi citizens. If they want to have a snake city in Michigan that's fine.
If non Muslims want to live there and that's fine. Muzzlams should not be allowed to keep them out. You know, kind of like borders and walls.

But there are laws in this country that apply to everyone. Muslims do not get to carve out a territory, and make it their own. They do not get to ignore our laws and install their own.

What we should do is nothing. Until they break the law. Until they decide they don't want to enforce the laws and rules of this country.

Ok so you started a topic to say that we should do nothing. Good to know. I agree we should do nothing because there's not much we can do. When what you claim is "going to happen" starts happening, let's revisit this. Until then there's nothing else to discuss. Topic over!
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

oaktonhokie wrote:I was not crystal clear, you are correct. I thought you could figure it out. I overestimated you, sorry.

If you want to convince people that you might have a legitimate concern worth discussing, a good first step would be to spell "Muslim" correctly and not refer to them as "snakes".
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

That's great advice.

Thanx.

BigDave wrote:

If you want to convince people that you might have a legitimate concern worth discussing, a good first step would be to spell "Muslim" correctly and not refer to them as "snakes".
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BigDave wrote:Don't really care whether they elect Muslims, liberal nominal Christians, atheists, or anything else - I'm not going to agree with their politics, regardless of their religion, but am I the only one who smirked slightly that the town is named "Hamtramck"?
Solid catch. LOL. No, I missed that, but am now amused.

Upon first reading, the name made me think of Amtrack
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.