bobsledding down the slippery slope

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

bobsledding down the slippery slope

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Re: bobsledding down the slippery slope

Post by absolutvt03 »

From what I'm reading, this involves two men (one 78 and one 68) who have been together for decades (40 years) and one adopted the other because gay marriage was not legal and they wanted some sort of legal recognition/protection. Put another way, if gay marriage had been legal they would have just gotten married.

tl;dr Misleading headline is misleading.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:From what I'm reading, this involves two men (one 78 and one 68) who have been together for decades (40 years) and one adopted the other because gay marriage was not legal and they wanted some sort of legal recognition/protection. Put another way, if gay marriage had been legal they would have just gotten married.

they were just avoiding inheritance taxes, not seeking any real protection. And they still went through an adoption and are going to force incest laws so we're still in the same place.
Dumb post is dumb.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:From what I'm reading, this involves two men (one 78 and one 68) who have been together for decades (40 years) and one adopted the other because gay marriage was not legal and they wanted some sort of legal recognition/protection. Put another way, if gay marriage had been legal they would have just gotten married.

they were just avoiding inheritance taxes, not seeking any real protection. And they still went through an adoption and are going to force incest laws so we're still in the same place.
Dumb post is dumb.
If anything this is an argument for why gay people should be able to get married... so that they don't have to resort to other ways to get the same benefits as straight couples. My favorite part is that they've been together 40 years. That's impressive for any couple, gay or straight. It seems like people who are all about the "sanctity" of marriage would support two people who have been together 40 years and want to get married...

Spare me your "dumb" insults and personal attacks. They're pointless. Save your keystrokes.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

A classic example of government intervention creating a new problem in its attempts to solve an old one...
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Dumb post is dumb.
If anything this is an argument for why gay people should be able to get married... so that they don't have to resort to other ways to get the same benefits as straight couples. My favorite part is that they've been together 40 years. That's impressive for any couple, gay or straight. It seems like people who are all about the "sanctity" of marriage would support two people who have been together 40 years and want to get married...

Spare me your "dumb" insults and personal attacks. They're pointless. Save your keystrokes.
Dumb post is dunb. You're not saying a single thing that addresses the issue at hand. Dumb post is dumb.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Dumb post is dunb. You're not saying a single thing that addresses the issue at hand. Dumb post is dumb.
As usual you're not interested in discussing the topic. That's fine. I've made my point there's nothing else for me to say. Have a good one!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Dumb post is dunb. You're not saying a single thing that addresses the issue at hand. Dumb post is dumb.
As usual you're not interested in discussing the topic. That's fine. I've made my point there's nothing else for me to say. Have a good one!
You made a dumb point. And as usual, it is you avoiding the actual subject. Have a great day jackhole.