Convince me the man doesnt hate the USA

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Convince me the man doesnt hate the USA

Post by RiverguyVT »

Shipping more dirty crude oil into our country will not increase our energy security

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015/11 ... he-ground/
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Re: Convince me the man doesnt hate the USA

Post by Uprising »

"LOL.

uh...okay."
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Oh, that "dirty" oil.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Building that pipeline may have inconvenienced a nest of vermin or a cock roach somewhere along the way.

Other that the ones at 1600.

RiverguyVT wrote:Oh, that "dirty" oil.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

I'm guessing Marco Rubio will sign and approve it in 2017. The dirty oil can wait 18 months or so... Typical Democrat/Republican stuff. This is a real reason I never vote Democrat in elections.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Nothing more than political graft and gamesmanship. Obama just made Warren Buffett really happy. Now his BNSF trains can stay full of oil. Oh, and rail transit is sooo much safer than pipelines.

:roll:
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

I'm all for the pipeline, but I've seen tar sands operations up close, they're more environmentally disruptive than drilling. So it is a dirtier process to obtain the oil. Pricier too.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

That's not the question, though. These tar sands will continue to be pulled from the ground. The issue is where will it best be converted to useable product, and how will it be transported to this location.

I'm sure transporting this by ship to China for them to refine without any environmental regulations is better for the planet.
ElbertoHokie wrote:I'm all for the pipeline, but I've seen tar sands operations up close, they're more environmentally disruptive than drilling. So it is a dirtier process to obtain the oil. Pricier too.
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:That's not the question, though. These tar sands will continue to be pulled from the ground. The issue is where will it best be converted to useable product, and how will it be transported to this location.

I'm sure transporting this by ship to China for them to refine without any environmental regulations is better for the planet.
ElbertoHokie wrote:I'm all for the pipeline, but I've seen tar sands operations up close, they're more environmentally disruptive than drilling. So it is a dirtier process to obtain the oil. Pricier too.
This is why I'm pro-pipeline. It's gonna be processed whether we do it or not. The question is who do you trust to get it done safely, cleanly, and in the most ecologically sound way available? The Keystone should built if for no other reason that safety, quality control, and the sanctity of the planet.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.