saw on CNN while at the gym, anyone else see the video of

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

saw on CNN while at the gym, anyone else see the video of

Post by cwtcr hokie »

woman driving the stolen SUV that rammed a cop that was in the road in front of her. He was standing in his open driver door and she rammed the front of the cop car as he started SHOOTING at the SUV.... damn cop, he was trying to kill the beatch!. Turns out she was drunk as hell and babbling and even tho she would not exit the vehicle after it died after the crash that they took her into custody without incident.

But the mean ol cop should have just let her go so she could T-bone your family at the next intersection instead of almost dying himself while trying to do his job

yep IP, cops suck
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Re: saw on CNN while at the gym, anyone else see the video o

Post by BigDave »

Did either the cop or the woman use microaggressive language?
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

BigDave wrote:Did either the cop or the woman use microaggressive language?
on the video (body cam of cop) it shows a ford expedition speeding at him and him yelling to stop then he starts shooting, then you see the camera get scrambled as he is knocked back (he was ok apparently). The beatch then emerges from the sunroof screaming she is god and babbling, they tazed the moron and removed her from the vehicle. Mean cops!!
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
on the video (body cam of cop) it shows a ford expedition speeding at him and him yelling to stop then he starts shooting, then you see the camera get scrambled as he is knocked back (he was ok apparently). The beatch then emerges from the sunroof screaming she is god and babbling, they tazed the moron and removed her from the vehicle. Mean cops!!
So they're able to apprehend a drunk woman driving like a maniac without killing her... but a man on foot writhing on the ground warrants two shots to the back.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
So they're able to apprehend a drunk woman driving like a maniac without killing her... but a man on foot writhing on the ground warrants two shots to the back.
difference being the tazer on her knocked her ass out, it appears she is not conscious when they slide her out the door. Prior to the tazer on the video they have their weapons drawn and are yelling at her to put her hands up and exit the vehicle, lucky for her she emerges from the sunroof with her hands first or else I would not blame them for disabling her with bullets. Again, cops jobs look super easy, not so cut and dry in the moment of the actions.

The guy from yesterday on the ground tho could have never had the interaction if he did not flee, then run, then continue to ignore the commands from the cop and not sure you saw but a group of fellow citizens said the same thing. But again, get into it with a cop and put your hands into your jacket....good luck on that move.
Florida Hokie
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:woman driving the stolen SUV that rammed a cop that was in the road in front of her. He was standing in his open driver door and she rammed the front of the cop car as he started SHOOTING at the SUV.... damn cop, he was trying to kill the beatch!. Turns out she was drunk as hell and babbling and even tho she would not exit the vehicle after it died after the crash that they took her into custody without incident.

But the mean ol cop should have just let her go so she could T-bone your family at the next intersection instead of almost dying himself while trying to do his job

yep IP, cops suck
Good point. Killing a man over expired tags is TOTALLY justified in light of this video.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:woman driving the stolen SUV that rammed a cop that was in the road in front of her. He was standing in his open driver door and she rammed the front of the cop car as he started SHOOTING at the SUV.... damn cop, he was trying to kill the beatch!. Turns out she was drunk as hell and babbling and even tho she would not exit the vehicle after it died after the crash that they took her into custody without incident.

yep IP, cops suck
Good point. Killing a man over expired tags is TOTALLY justified in light of this video.
Except it had nothing to do with an expired tag, it had to do with evading, the tazer used not stopping the guy, and remember if the guy complies with the cops request the tazer stops but he refuses to comply at all, then made the fatal mistake of not putting his hands out to prove he was not threat to the cop...... or he is carrying and she bends down to cuff him and he has a very easy kill shot. Then you would blame the cop for not following procedure in an arrest.

So when you get pulled over for a traffic or vehicle issue you routinely flee the cops both in your car and on foot....good to know
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote: difference being the tazer on her knocked her ass out, it appears she is not conscious when they slide her out the door. Prior to the tazer on the video they have their weapons drawn and are yelling at her to put her hands up and exit the vehicle, lucky for her she emerges from the sunroof with her hands first or else I would not blame them for disabling her with bullets. Again, cops jobs look super easy, not so cut and dry in the moment of the actions.

The guy from yesterday on the ground tho could have never had the interaction if he did not flee, then run, then continue to ignore the commands from the cop and not sure you saw but a group of fellow citizens said the same thing. But again, get into it with a cop and put your hands into your jacket....good luck on that move.

Of course you wouldn't blame them. You wouldn't blame the cops if they handcuffed a guy, put him face down, shot him in the back of the head, then turned to the camera and said "I murdered that guy because I wanted to, he was not a threat". You'd find some way to blame the dead guy... saying things like "if you don't want to be shot execution style while handcuffed you probably shouldn't drive around with a tail light out". Obviously I'm being hyperbolic but I have zero confidence that you'd ever "blame" a law enforcement officer for his or her behavior.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

yep IP, cops suck
Except it had nothing to do with an expired tag, it had to do with evading, the tazer used not stopping the guy, and remember if the guy complies with the cops request the tazer stops but he refuses to comply at all, then made the fatal mistake of not putting his hands out to prove he was not threat to the cop...... or he is carrying and she bends down to cuff him and he has a very easy kill shot. Then you would blame the cop for not following procedure in an arrest.

So when you get pulled over for a traffic or vehicle issue you routinely flee the cops both in your car and on foot....good to know
Using the law of FloHo, if a thug shots at the parking lot attendant they can't shoot back because then it would be the attendant killing over a parking ticket. Never mind all the dumb crap the perp does after encountering the police, it's about a parking ticket.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

yep IP, cops suck

I have yet to see you acknowledge the idea that a person being tased may not be able to control his or her movements and thus may not be able to comply. Please do so in your next response.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
Using the law of FloHo, if a thug shots at the parking lot attendant they can't shoot back because then it would be the attendant killing over a parking ticket. Never mind all the dumb crap the perp does after encountering the police, it's about a parking ticket.
And using the logic of awesome guy, writhing in pain on the ground while being tased is equivalent to shooting at someone.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
And using the logic of awesome guy, writhing in pain on the ground while being tased is equivalent to shooting at someone.

WTF are you blabbering about now?
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Stop being lazy and figure it out for yourself.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Stop being lazy and figure it out for yourself.

I have suspicions that your extra chromosome is triggering a reference to the hippie that kept motioning like they were trying to pull a weapon out of their vest. But we can never be sure when dealing with idiots, thus my question. Is that the police encounter that you're misrepresenting? Or is it another one? I can't be sure and frankly don't really care either.
burgrugby
Alma Mater: Hokie through and through
Party: Indy - leaning pub

Post by burgrugby »

I haven't seen the video, but from what I read she was yelling at him to put his hands out at the same time she was pressing the trigger on the tazer to shock him over and over again. When you get shocked, your muscles contract and you stiffen out. I'm not sure her tazing him didn't cause him to roll over uncontrollably and be unable to comply with her orders.
cwtcr hokie wrote:
...and remember if the guy complies with the cops request the tazer stops but he refuses to comply at all, then made the fatal mistake of not putting his hands out to prove he was not threat to the cop......
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:

I have suspicions that your extra chromosome is triggering a reference to the hippie that kept motioning like they were trying to pull a weapon out of their vest. But we can never be sure when dealing with idiots, thus my question. Is that the police encounter that you're misrepresenting? Or is it another one? I can't be sure and frankly don't really care either.

I'm not doing your work for you you slacker.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote: difference being the tazer on her knocked her ass out, it appears she is not conscious when they slide her out the door. Prior to the tazer on the video they have their weapons drawn and are yelling at her to put her hands up and exit the vehicle, lucky for her she emerges from the sunroof with her hands first or else I would not blame them for disabling her with bullets. Again, cops jobs look super easy, not so cut and dry in the moment of the actions.

Of course you wouldn't blame them. You wouldn't blame the cops if they handcuffed a guy, put him face down, shot him in the back of the head, then turned to the camera and said "I murdered that guy because I wanted to, he was not a threat". You'd find some way to blame the dead guy... saying things like "if you don't want to be shot execution style while handcuffed you probably shouldn't drive around with a tail light out". Obviously I'm being hyperbolic but I have zero confidence that you'd ever "blame" a law enforcement officer for his or her behavior.
I guess you missed my response to the story of the two cops that shot the 6 year old kid in the fathers car.... funny thing is I take each case individually...you may want to try that instead of your blanket response
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

burgrugby wrote:I haven't seen the video, but from what I read she was yelling at him to put his hands out at the same time she was pressing the trigger on the tazer to shock him over and over again. When you get shocked, your muscles contract and you stiffen out. I'm not sure her tazing him didn't cause him to roll over uncontrollably and be unable to comply with her orders.
cwtcr hokie wrote:
...and remember if the guy complies with the cops request the tazer stops but he refuses to comply at all, then made the fatal mistake of not putting his hands out to prove he was not threat to the cop......
watch the video, he is able to control his movements, at one point he does roll onto his side and has his hands out, of course that is not the position that (correct procedure) you attempt to cuff someone. At the point he won't show his hands he is crawling away from her. Again, he stops trying to get away and she lets off the tazer. I would think again correct procedure is to leave the tazer active until the person complies. And a group of fellow citizens consider what she did justified police work, so maybe other people were taught sometime in their life that evading police was a bad decision and bad things can happen once that starts.

You guys must never have seen a police chase, when they wreck the person they are chasing there is a good possibility that person is killed or injured in the process, running from cops is never a good decision but a decision some morons choose and then stuff can happen quickly and may not be great for the non-cop person.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

yep IP, cops suck

I have yet to see you acknowledge the idea that a person being tased may not be able to control his or her movements and thus may not be able to comply. Please do so in your next response.
you do understand that if he complies at all, for instance not trying to still get away (he was crawling away from her) she lets off the tazer and he is simply arrested for his moronic decisions and everyone is great. per the video he had control or at least enough control to comply with the cops request, he CHOSE not to

bad decision
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

I guess you missed my response to the story of the two cops that shot the 6 year old kid in the fathers car.... funny thing is I take each case individually...you may want to try that instead of your blanket response

No I read that one. It was full of your usual "I don't know what happened" and "Let's see what the facts say" and your harshest police criticism... "it MAY have been the cops' fault, I don't know".
cwtcr hokie wrote:
it is sad that you can only use what somebody else has said, you have no ability to think up your own response. The other point may be that each case when situations happen may be slightly different, ya think? The case in LA is a mystery right now as there SO FAR is no reason that has been said for dealing with that guy, and per the authorities there were no warrants on the guy so lots of questions in the LA case and it may be bad police work. The case from earlier where you took my response for your response is all on camera and IMO (you know what that means) was not bad police work. I know, for you the world is totally one way or the other, got it.
cwtcr hokie wrote: the story is the guy went into a dead end street and tried to back out with the cops on his tail, the questions surround why were the 4 cops stopping him in the first place, lots of issues with that one but not a lot of answers currently, waiting on info but right now appears to me to be at least two of the four cops messed up and the kid was hit in the crossfire. If the cop cars had blue lights and all tho not sure why the guy would not just stop unless he thought they were fake cops
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Yea, on the face of it it appears there is a lot more going on then police work, but as of now I have not seen the info on it. They charged two of the four cops so in time we will get the facts on the case.
Talk about some mealy mouthed hedging. You go out of your way almost to avoid criticizing the police and when you do it's usually with some sort of qualifier like "we don't know what happened" or "I don't know why the victim didn't stop". The closest you come is saying that "right now", it "appears" that the cops "messed up" and the kid was hit accidentally. And even that is followed by your usual "not sure why the guy didn't stop" BS. If this is an example of you blaming the cops then you've done nothing but prove my point.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

No I read that one. It was full of your usual "I don't know what happened" and "Let's see what the facts say" and your harshest police criticism... "it MAY have been the cops' fault, I don't know".
cwtcr hokie wrote:
it is sad that you can only use what somebody else has said, you have no ability to think up your own response. The other point may be that each case when situations happen may be slightly different, ya think? The case in LA is a mystery right now as there SO FAR is no reason that has been said for dealing with that guy, and per the authorities there were no warrants on the guy so lots of questions in the LA case and it may be bad police work. The case from earlier where you took my response for your response is all on camera and IMO (you know what that means) was not bad police work. I know, for you the world is totally one way or the other, got it.
cwtcr hokie wrote: the story is the guy went into a dead end street and tried to back out with the cops on his tail, the questions surround why were the 4 cops stopping him in the first place, lots of issues with that one but not a lot of answers currently, waiting on info but right now appears to me to be at least two of the four cops messed up and the kid was hit in the crossfire. If the cop cars had blue lights and all tho not sure why the guy would not just stop unless he thought they were fake cops
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Yea, on the face of it it appears there is a lot more going on then police work, but as of now I have not seen the info on it. They charged two of the four cops so in time we will get the facts on the case.
Talk about some mealy mouthed hedging. You go out of your way almost to avoid criticizing the police and when you do it's usually with some sort of qualifier like "we don't know what happened" or "I don't know why the victim didn't stop". The closest you come is saying that "right now", it "appears" that the cops "messed up" and the kid was hit accidentally. And even that is followed by your usual "not sure why the guy didn't stop" BS. If this is an example of you blaming the cops then you've done nothing but prove my point.
so you must be the one person on the planet that knows what happened in that case, the rest of us don't sorry. The white dude and the woman cop is all on video so pretty easy to see that...you got the video of the LA case, really. Please share it

btw, you can reverse your diatribe about how you think every cop shoot is a bad shoot, that is your MO
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
watch the video, he is able to control his movements, at one point he does roll onto his side and has his hands out, of course that is not the position that (correct procedure) you attempt to cuff someone. At the point he won't show his hands he is crawling away from her. Again, he stops trying to get away and she lets off the tazer. I would think again correct procedure is to leave the tazer active until the person complies. And a group of fellow citizens consider what she did justified police work, so maybe other people were taught sometime in their life that evading police was a bad decision and bad things can happen once that starts.

You guys must never have seen a police chase, when they wreck the person they are chasing there is a good possibility that person is killed or injured in the process, running from cops is never a good decision but a decision some morons choose and then stuff can happen quickly and may not be great for the non-cop person.

I find it interesting that when it comes to criticizing the cop's behavior you're all about telling people how easy it is to judge from the sidelines and it's different when you're actually there... but you have zero problem knowing exactly what the victim was doing, what he was able to do and why he was doing it. How's that work exactly? The officer gets a pass because she was in a stressful situation and we can't judge because we weren't there but the victim deserves blame because you know exactly what he did and why.

And a "group of fellow citizens" found OJ not guilty. Just because someone isn't convicted of something doesn't mean he or she is innocent. And it certainly doesn't mean other fellow citizens aren't entitled to their own judgements and opinions of the matter.

Finally, your police chase stuff is completely irrelevant. We're not talking about a car chase where the victim is killed as a result of the police trying to disable the vehicle. In that situation the goal isn't to kill or injure the person, the goal is to stop the car and any injury is merely a side effect. When you pull out a gun and shoot someone in the back, the goal is to injure or kill the person plain and simple. Nevermind that you're comparing a man laying in the ground screaming in pain to a person driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed. Even you should be able to see that one is potentially much more dangerous than the other.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
so you must be the one person on the planet that knows what happened in that case, the rest of us don't sorry. The white dude and the woman cop is all on video so pretty easy to see that...you got the video of the LA case, really. Please share it

btw, you can reverse your diatribe about how you think every cop shoot is a bad shoot, that is your MO

Whoosh... the point goes over your head. Let me bring it back and try again. You have no problem flatly blaming a suspect when you think the shooting is justified. You go out of your way to vilify the person using strong, harsh language. But when it's the cops that just might be to blame, suddenly you're incapable of making a strong judgement without all the facts. In those situations, you need ALL the information before being even remotely critical of the police. Even then you use mealy mouthed phrases like "maybe messed up" and "possibly bad police work". It's not about me claiming to know what happened. It's about you going out of your way to not be critical of the police no matter what.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

I find it interesting that when it comes to criticizing the cop's behavior you're all about telling people how easy it is to judge from the sidelines and it's different when you're actually there... but you have zero problem knowing exactly what the victim was doing, what he was able to do and why he was doing it. How's that work exactly? The officer gets a pass because she was in a stressful situation and we can't judge because we weren't there but the victim deserves blame because you know exactly what he did and why.

And a "group of fellow citizens" found OJ not guilty. Just because someone isn't convicted of something doesn't mean he or she is innocent. And it certainly doesn't mean other fellow citizens aren't entitled to their own judgements and opinions of the matter.

Finally, your police chase stuff is completely irrelevant. We're not talking about a car chase where the victim is killed as a result of the police trying to disable the vehicle. In that situation the goal isn't to kill or injure the person, the goal is to stop the car and any injury is merely a side effect. When you pull out a gun and shoot someone in the back, the goal is to injure or kill the person plain and simple. Nevermind that you're comparing a man laying in the ground screaming in pain to a person driving a vehicle at a high rate of speed. Even you should be able to see that one is potentially much more dangerous than the other.
And the cop is trying to go home alive instead of in a body bag, sorry but she had no idea wether he was armed or not and based on his actions (not stopping for the blue lights, running from the vehicle once he stopped at his relatives house, and not complying with any commands at all) my guess is even you would be concerned the guy was a threat to your ability to breath. I blame the guy in the case you reference for all of his actions once the blue lights came on and he CHOSE to break several more laws and run from the cops. I don't blame the cop as she had no way to know wether he was armed or not and she was doing her job. She was not out to execute someone, she was attempting to process an arrest. But I know personal responsibility is not something you are cool with, got it.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:

Whoosh... the point goes over your head. Let me bring it back and try again. You have no problem flatly blaming a suspect when you think the shooting is justified. You go out of your way to vilify the person using strong, harsh language. But when it's the cops that just might be to blame, suddenly you're incapable of making a strong judgement without all the facts. In those situations, you need ALL the information before being even remotely critical of the police. Even then you use mealy mouthed phrases like "maybe messed up" and "possibly bad police work". It's not about me claiming to know what happened. It's about you going out of your way to not be critical of the police no matter what.
no whoosh at all, I explained it to you and as usual you are much smarter than me (ha ha) and try and be condescending to me as it makes you feel better, good for you.
Again..... as in every case you want to execute the cops for doing the job.... running from cops is a really bad idea, not sure why this remains a hard idea to get. In the SC case of the guy shot in the back (while running away) I said (once the info was all out there) the cop was wrong and it was right to charge him.... so again, you are incorrect, not unusual.