Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Virginia Tech rallies in support of Muslims

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: You've gone full retard again. You threw out a BS probability and act indignant that anyone would disagree, demanding proof that your made up assertion isn't made up. You can't say item 2 is more likely and then act like it's gospel unless you're exactly as dumb as you come across.
I thought it was pretty clear that my post was an opinion. Nowhere did I cite numbers or statistics. Nowhere did I "act like it's gospel". I simply disagreed with Big Dave as to which one was more likely. My post was no different than his. You're welcome to disagree with me but you didn't do that. You threw out a specific number (9 out of 10 or 90% to be exact). There's a difference. If I say "I'd say more kids like pizza than broccoli" that's very different than me saying "9 out of 10 kids would rather eat pizza than broccoli". The only person who "threw out a BS probability" was you. I called you on and you've been on your heels ever since.
Try again snowflake. There's no difference to people with at least lukewarm IQs. You're just a giant douchebag, demanding standards be met that you yourself refuse to meet. The immaculate snowflake, incapable of smelling it's own stench.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
well that solved the problem for sure!! It just points out how stupid the folks at Mizzou are. There is NOTHING that univ. prez can do to prevent morons from being morons if it was an actual threat and not a hoax or a threat to bring attn. to some minorities cause.
You realize that a large part of the protest at Missouri had to do with lack of response from the president right?
Ain't need none of them there facts 'round here!
Do university Presidents typically get involved in isolated bathroom graffiti incidents?
Something that can become racially charged, in this climate? It's certainly the prudent thing to do. PR is a big part of the job.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
Try again snowflake. There's no difference to people with at least lukewarm IQs. You're just a giant douchebag, demanding standards be met that you yourself refuse to meet. The immaculate snowflake, incapable of smelling it's own stench.
First, if you're going to continue to insult people's IQs you should at least learn basic spelling and grammar. You repeatedly confuse it's and its which wouldn't be worth mentioning if it wasn't in the same breath as calling other people stupid. As it is, it just makes you look stupid, like this guy:

Perhaps worry about your own IQ before commenting on someone else's?

Regarding your actual post (I use the term loosely) then Big Dave committed the same offense since he said the same thing in his post right? One question for you and we can be done with this... where did you get the number 9 out of 10?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

Hokie5150 wrote:Does a turdstika qualitify as hate speech/threats or drunken stupidity?
Didn't know those categories were mutually exclusive.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

What if the person that drew the swastika was Hindu :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
First, if you're going to continue to insult people's IQs you should at least learn basic spelling and grammar. You repeatedly confuse it's and its which wouldn't be worth mentioning if it wasn't in the same breath as calling other people stupid. As it is, it just makes you look stupid, like this guy:

Perhaps worry about your own IQ before commenting on someone else's?

Regarding your actual post (I use the term loosely) then Big Dave committed the same offense since he said the same thing in his post right? One question for you and we can be done with this... where did you get the number 9 out of 10?
I'll insult your idiotic and hilariously whiny posts all day long. They're evident of the low IQ producing them. Proper grammar around a turd thought is still a turd thought.

I didn't hammer Dave because he's not a dumbass like you expecting quantitative methods for a simple and obvious statement. Double hilarious that you attempt to spin that you speaking in probabilities gets you a pass from providing a proof, yep ropes me in. Do your own work, run the fool's errand. That or borrow a brain and act sensibly.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
I'll insult your idiotic and hilariously whiny posts all day long. They're evident of the low IQ producing them. Proper grammar around a turd thought is still a turd thought.

I didn't hammer Dave because he's not a dumbass like you expecting quantitative methods for a simple and obvious statement. Double hilarious that you attempt to spin that you speaking in probabilities gets you a pass from providing a proof, yep ropes me in. Do your own work, run the fool's errand. That or borrow a brain and act sensibly.

You didn't answer my question.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You didn't answer my question.
Get a new shtick or a brain.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Get a new shtick or a brain.
So you made it up... that's all you had to say. Have a good one!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
I didn't say that snowflake.
miles

Post by miles »

Is it too soon to know?
Did Tim Sands save his job with this prompt response?
Or will the Wolfe eat him up?

:|
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

miles wrote:Is it too soon to know?
Did Tim Sands save his job with this prompt response?
Or will the Wolfe eat him up?

:|
We need NASA involved to calculate the exact odds of each possible outcome. Of course unless a snowflake makes one up, then it's gospel.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
You didn't need to. Your refusal to answer the question says it all. Just jumping back in real quick to put the last nail in the whole "you were claiming your post was gospel" bull that you shifted to after you realized you had no way of backing up your made up statistic.

I said:
"And I disagree that #3 is "most likely". I'd say #2 is most likely. Just look at the stuff posted here every day about Muslims. 3 is certainly possible but I'm hesitant to say it's the most likely possibility."
The key part is "I'd say"... let's see what that means:

http://www.phrasemix.com/phrases/id-say-that-clause
You use the phrase "I'd say that..." to share your opinion. It's similar to "I think..." but it sounds more thoughtful. It demonstrates that you're still not completely sure of your opinion.
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/I%27d_say
It is my estimate or opinion.
So despite your claims that I was making a factual statement or refusing to entertain any other possibilities, the opposite is actually true. So I'm sorry to tell you but, you're wrong again. See how I provided links that back up my post? That's called supporting your point. You should try it sometime instead of just making up lies.

And with that, there's nothing more for me to say. I've proven you have no basis for your statistical claim and I've proven that my post was in fact an opinion and completely open for debate. Feel free to respond with rants and insults and all your normal tripe, I've made my point and thoroughly dismantled yours.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
You didn't need to. Your refusal to answer the question says it all. Just jumping back in real quick to put the last nail in the whole "you were claiming your post was gospel" bull that you shifted to after you realized you had no way of backing up your made up statistic.

I said:
"And I disagree that #3 is "most likely". I'd say #2 is most likely. Just look at the stuff posted here every day about Muslims. 3 is certainly possible but I'm hesitant to say it's the most likely possibility."

You use the phrase "I'd say that..." to share your opinion. It's similar to "I think..." but it sounds more thoughtful. It demonstrates that you're still not completely sure of your opinion.
So despite your claims that I was making a factual statement or refusing to entertain any other possibilities, the opposite is actually true. So I'm sorry to tell you but, you're wrong again. See how I provided links that back up my post? That's called supporting your point. You should try it sometime instead of just making up lies.

And with that, there's nothing more for me to say. I've proven you have no basis for your statistical claim and I've proven that my post was in fact an opinion and completely open for debate. Feel free to respond with rants and insults and all your normal tripe, I've made my point and thoroughly dismantled yours.
You proved my point. Nowhere in your incoherent ramblings is a shred of common sense or critical thinking abilities. It's just a never ending stream of butt ache. Good lord, save yourself some embarrassment and let it go or grow a brain.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

I said:

Can't we just agree that race-based hoaxes are fairly common?? There is obviously no evidence on how common - it would be almost impossible to find enough info to determine that with any semblance of statistical accuracy, or relevance. But, we do hear about it quite a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_hoax
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

HokieFanDC wrote:
Can't we just agree that race-based hoaxes are fairly common?? There is obviously no evidence on how common - it would be almost impossible to find enough info to determine that with any semblance of statistical accuracy, or relevance. But, we do hear about it quite a bit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_hoax
Nope, 9 out of 10 are fake... FACT!

I agree it's virtually impossible to measure which is why I was curious about awesome guy's post about 9 out of 10 of them being hoaxes. There are plenty of hoaxes and there are plenty of legitimate cases. I happen to think there's more a chance that it's legit versus a hoax but that's just me.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

absolutvt03 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:Does a turdstika qualitify as hate speech/threats or drunken stupidity?

I was talking about Sands and the graffiti talking about killing Muslims.

HokieJoe wrote:

By what means exactly should he have responded to them?

And btw, "hate speech" is an idiotic and dangerous legal notion that should die in a fire.
I thought the way he responded was appropriate. He acknowledged the threat (as well as the idea that it could be a "cruel prank"), condemned it and then tried to use it as an opportunity to become more united. And what it's called is completely irrelevant... at VT of all places, any kind of potential threats involving murder should be taken seriously.

Sorry for the confusion, but I was referring to the Mizzou prez. If threats are made, it should be taken seriously. My problem with 'hate crimes' is that the whole idea relies on someone defining what 'hate' means. Unlike robbery or b&e, it's a rather nebulous concept and too reliant on fuzzy definitions.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

HokieJoe wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

I was talking about Sands and the graffiti talking about killing Muslims.

HokieJoe wrote:

By what means exactly should he have responded to them?

And btw, "hate speech" is an idiotic and dangerous legal notion that should die in a fire.
I thought the way he responded was appropriate. He acknowledged the threat (as well as the idea that it could be a "cruel prank"), condemned it and then tried to use it as an opportunity to become more united. And what it's called is completely irrelevant... at VT of all places, any kind of potential threats involving murder should be taken seriously.

Sorry for the confusion, but I was referring to the Mizzou prez. If threats are made, it should be taken seriously. My problem with 'hate crimes' is that the whole idea relies on someone defining what 'hate' means. Unlike robbery or b&e, it's a rather nebulous concept and too reliant on fuzzy definitions.
Never mind that the guy making the yik yak threats was not anywhere near the state and unless people are killed by internet bullets posed 0.0 % threat to the students at Mizzou

but poop swatiskas suck!
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
We've all seen fitty go through these mental gymnastics before in order to avoid thinking about unpleasant things. Nothing new here.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
We've all seen fitty go through these mental gymnastics before in order to avoid thinking about unpleasant things. Nothing new here.
OK
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Major Kong wrote:What if the person that drew the swastika was Hindu :?:

Hehe, I thought the same thing.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson