Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Hokie5150

Re: Virginia Tech rallies in support of Muslims

Post by Hokie5150 »

nolanvt wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
well that solved the problem for sure!! It just points out how stupid the folks at Mizzou are. There is NOTHING that univ. prez can do to prevent morons from being morons if it was an actual threat and not a hoax or a threat to bring attn. to some minorities cause.
You realize that a large part of the protest at Missouri had to do with lack of response from the president right?
Ain't need none of them there facts 'round here!
Do university Presidents typically get involved in isolated bathroom graffiti incidents?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
well that solved the problem for sure!! It just points out how stupid the folks at Mizzou are. There is NOTHING that univ. prez can do to prevent morons from being morons if it was an actual threat and not a hoax or a threat to bring attn. to some minorities cause.
You realize that a large part of the protest at Missouri had to do with lack of response from the president right? Of course you don't realize that because it's easier to just read a headline, form an opinion that supports your worldview and move on.
Yes I knew that was the reason folks were freaking out at Mizzou. The problem I have with it is he did meet with the folks that were upset. Please explain in detail what a Univ. prez can do to stop morons from speaking meanly to another human or being mean in general or treating another human like crap. There is nothing he can do to fix society and the list of demands they have is just a huge waste of time and money, so he was correct in telling them there is not much the univ. can do to stop it but they were welcome to do what they wanted to...and he got fired for no reason then the idiocy that is in this country currently.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

Hokie5150 wrote:Do university Presidents typically get involved in isolated bathroom graffiti incidents?

If it involves hate speech or threats, they probably should. If it involves murder threats at a school where 32 innocent people were gunned down not 10 years ago, they definitely should. Even if it's a hoax, a prank, whatever, it needs to be addressed. But none of that has anything to do with the point I was making.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
You realize that a large part of the protest at Missouri had to do with lack of response from the president right?
Ain't need none of them there facts 'round here!
Please explain in detail what a ANY univ. prez can do to "fix" society. What would he/she do that prevents people from being mean to other humans or stop one human from treating another human like crap...please do.

and see my response to Absolut, I read the details on the mizzou crap and yes, the prez, the chancellor and now a professor are not working there anymore due to the idiocy taking over the campus currently.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Yes I knew that was the reason folks were freaking out at Mizzou. The problem I have with it is he did meet with the folks that were upset. Please explain in detail what a Univ. prez can do to stop morons from speaking meanly to another human or being mean in general or treating another human like crap. There is nothing he can do to fix society and the list of demands they have is just a huge waste of time and money, so he was correct in telling them there is not much the univ. can do to stop it but they were welcome to do what they wanted to...and he got fired for no reason then the idiocy that is in this country currently.
You're the king of making up an argument and then attributing it to someone else.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
Hokie5150 wrote:Do university Presidents typically get involved in isolated bathroom graffiti incidents?

If it involves hate speech or threats, they probably should. If it involves murder threats at a school where 32 innocent people were gunned down not 10 years ago, they definitely should. Even if it's a hoax, a prank, whatever, it needs to be addressed. But none of that has anything to do with the point I was making.
so why did the prez not prevent the act from happening before it happened..... shouldn't he have known the graffiti was going to happen and for instance make the stall non markable? We must have solutions to fix society
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Try again snowflake.
Do me a favor and look up proving a negative. You're basically claiming Bigfoot exists and when I ask for proof you tell me to find it for you. If Bigfoot doesn't exist, how exactly am I supposed to find proof that he does?
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Someone said something bad about Muslims for no specific reason. I think that means they get to kill three people, or blow up on building free of charge.

We must stop the hate.

If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

so why did the prez not prevent the act from happening before it happened..... shouldn't he have known the graffiti was going to happen and for instance make the stall non markable? We must have solutions to fix society
This is going to start being my standard reply to you

You're the king of making up an argument and then attributing it to someone else.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Try again snowflake.
Do me a favor and look up proving a negative. You're basically claiming Bigfoot exists and when I ask for proof you tell me to find it for you. If Bigfoot doesn't exist, how exactly am I supposed to find proof that he does?
Try again snowflake. You're just being lazy and dumb. Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Fredy in charm city, Duke lacrosse, etc. are all excellent examples of minorities, and blacks in particular, lying about racism.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Try again snowflake. You're just being lazy and dumb. Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Fredy in charm city, Duke lacrosse, etc. are all excellent examples of minorities, and blacks in particular, lying about racism.

I didn't ask for one off examples. I asked for evidence to back up your claim that "9 out 10 stories about racism turn out to be invented by the so called victim". Your response seems to indicate that you simply made up that number (which is what I said from the start). I'm not being lazy by asking you to support your numbers with facts and I'm not being dumb by calling you out for spewing BS statistics.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Try again snowflake. You're just being lazy and dumb. Trayvon Martin, Mike Brown, Fredy in charm city, Duke lacrosse, etc. are all excellent examples of minorities, and blacks in particular, lying about racism.

I didn't ask for one off examples. I asked for evidence to back up your claim that "9 out 10 stories about racism turn out to be invented by the so called victim". Your response seems to indicate that you simply made up that number (which is what I said from the start).
I'm not going down your rabbit hole snowflake. Do your own work.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

I didn't ask for one off examples. I asked for evidence to back up your claim that "9 out 10 stories about racism turn out to be invented by the so called victim". Your response seems to indicate that you simply made up that number (which is what I said from the start).
Translation: I have no source or evidence and I completely made up those numbers but instead of just admitting that like a mature adult I'm going to flail and call names and hope no one notices.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy's favorite cologne

Last edited by absolutvt03 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Translation: I have no source or evidence and I completely made up those numbers but instead of just admitting that like a mature adult I'm going to flail and call names and hope no one notices.
Translation: you're special and want everyone else to perform the impossible task of educating you.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Translation: you're special and want everyone else to perform the impossible task of educating you.
The only "impossible task" here is you asking me to prove something that doesn't exist. I'm just holding you accountable for your nonsense. It's not my fault you have no sense of personal responsibility.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Translation: you're special and want everyone else to perform the impossible task of educating you.
The only "impossible task" here is you asking me to prove something that doesn't exist. I'm just holding you accountable for your nonsense. It's not my fault you have no sense of personal responsibility.
You've gone full retard again. You threw out a BS probability and act indignant that anyone would disagree, demanding proof that your made up assertion isn't made up. You can't say item 2 is more likely and then act like it's gospel unless you're exactly as dumb as you come across.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

absolutvt03 wrote:

Does a turdstika qualitify as hate speech/threats or drunken stupidity?
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

FTR 100% of all snowflakes melt when the temperature reaches the snowflakes melting point. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Major Kong wrote:FTR 100% of all snowflakes melt when the temperature reaches the snowflakes melting point. :)
Now, this was something I was able to google and confirm.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

absolutvt03 wrote:

By what means exactly should he have responded to them?

And btw, "hate speech" is an idiotic and dangerous legal notion that should die in a fire.
Last edited by HokieJoe on Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:FTR 100% of all snowflakes melt when the temperature reaches the snowflakes melting point. :)
Yep, just above freezing. Lol
oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

The appropriate response is:

Wringing of hands
Gnashing of teeth
Making of speeches.
More wringing of hands
Meetings with the vermin protesting
More speeches condemning, something
Close school for a few days of contemplation
Sensitivity classes for everyone, not minorities
More wringing of hands
More gnashing of teeth
Call in the media to see how sensitive and contrite the administration is.
Pass new rules for appropriate speech and conduct.
Coddle the "victims" to the greatest extent possible. Like in the real world.
Fire some people, however many are necessary according to the crybabies with the picket signs.
Ask the protesters if there is anything else you can do for them. Like horseface did with the Iranians.

HokieJoe wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

And btw, "hate speech" is an idiotic and dangerous legal notion that should die in a fire.
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

Hokie5150 wrote:Does a turdstika qualitify as hate speech/threats or drunken stupidity?

I was talking about Sands and the graffiti talking about killing Muslims.

HokieJoe wrote:

I thought the way he responded was appropriate. He acknowledged the threat (as well as the idea that it could be a "cruel prank"), condemned it and then tried to use it as an opportunity to become more united. And what it's called is completely irrelevant... at VT of all places, any kind of potential threats involving murder should be taken seriously.
Last edited by absolutvt03 on Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: You've gone full retard again. You threw out a BS probability and act indignant that anyone would disagree, demanding proof that your made up assertion isn't made up. You can't say item 2 is more likely and then act like it's gospel unless you're exactly as dumb as you come across.
I thought it was pretty clear that my post was an opinion. Nowhere did I cite numbers or statistics. Nowhere did I "act like it's gospel". I simply disagreed with Big Dave as to which one was more likely. My post was no different than his. You're welcome to disagree with me but you didn't do that. You threw out a specific number (9 out of 10 or 90% to be exact). There's a difference. If I say "I'd say more kids like pizza than broccoli" that's very different than me saying "9 out of 10 kids would rather eat pizza than broccoli". The only person who "threw out a BS probability" was you. I called you on and you've been on your heels ever since.