with war on the horizon...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

with war on the horizon...

Post by awesome guy »

Does TSL still give Dave thousands of dollars a month in revenue or do they keep UWS going?
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Homebrew

Re: with war on the horizon...

Post by Homebrew »

awesome guy wrote:Does TSL still give Dave thousands of dollars a month in revenue or do they keep UWS going?
Not google indexed so no ad revenue ... right?
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Homebrew wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Does TSL still give Dave thousands of dollars a month in revenue or do they keep UWS going?
just the sub boards I think.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Three points:

1. It's thousands per year, not per month. Mike Ingalls said on Le Butterknife he gets $120/month from the Soapbox, so I'm guessing TSL's figure is similar. That's maybe two "thousands" of dollars per year.

2. I tend to think that those numbers are slightly off - I'm betting that he's attributing anything that happened on UWS as though it were the cause of it. So if you click on one of the ads from Maroon Helmet (or whoever the sportswear sponsor is now) while viewing UWS or if you renew your subscription while viewing UWS, my guess he's counting that as UWS revenue even though you probably would have done both things either way.

3. I think that at this point, the ship has sailed - I can't imagine Will reversing course.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
BigDave
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

Homebrew wrote:
Will's UWS was Google indexed and did have Google ads (if you don't use a browser that blocks them). The two are not the same thing - not allowing Google search to index a page doesn't stop it from showing ads.

Most of the new UWS is also indexed by Google. The two members-only subfora (Divided We Fall and What I am Having for Dinner) are not accessible to Google (nor anyone else who has not logged in and made at least five posts).
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk