Anyone familiar with #cut50?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
cwtcr hokie

Re: Anyone familiar with #cut50?

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:summarize for me, what crimes are we getting rid of? what drugs are legal?. And yes, again for a huge part of the American population we realize there is a consequence for breaking written laws and CHOOSE not to put ourselves in that position thus most people do not end up in jail. As for example considering how many crimes are never tried and handled long before court that person you describe is not likely to get sent away for three strikes in your scenario. But I will ask again, how many crimes are you giving someone? A lot of the folks I see on the new committing crimes somehow they are still among us with a rap sheet that is pages long.... hmmmm
I appreciate that you have repeated the same, as to yet unargued by anyone here, position. Why don't we just leave it at that. I'll mark you down as a "the system works perfectly as is".
l
no system is perfect, but yes it is hard to discuss if you just say it is broke and won't discuss at all your "fixes". have a good one
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Until they rename it #cut16, you're still wrong.
I'm wrong about what? You don't think there is any need for prison reform at all? Are you a throw the baby out with the bathwater kinda guy?
well if you steal a car that is not a violent crime so why send those folks that ignore that law to prison, right? punishments are a deterrent to some, for others that don't give a damn what the laws are they are a minor nuisance until they end up in prison, then it sucks for them
So you don't think there is any need for reform in the criminal justice system? If so, that's fine. Just say so.
reform it how, what specific laws are you getting rid of? then lets talk, what drugs are legal, all of them or just pot. I mean heroin is great (for the people hooked on it, not so great for society as a whole) So what drugs do you want legal? What crimes are you saying are worth going to prison for. I mean sex between two humans, why is that illegal, how do you know wether the 14 year old the 30 year old is banging is advanced for her age, no violence, consensual so no prison, right?

Yes there are some dumb laws and any gov function can be reformed but the best best best way to lower the rapidly rising crime rates and prison population is for the dumb asses that commit crimes and ignore laws....TO STOP DOING THAT OR NEVER START TO BEGIN WITH!

Stat I saw the other day 96% of charges never get to trial, plea bargained or dismissed. So all those folks that decide laws do not apply to them usually never go to jail to start with and realize there is zero punishment for ignoring laws. Or what is your explanation for people that have 20 or more charges on their police record?
Pleading out vs. Going to trial is actually why MORE socio-economically disadvantaged people are in prison. The poor plea. The middle class has attorneys.
and keep in mind that a great many charges are never prosecuted as the work load is so large for the prosecuters that they drop many cases as not enough time to deal with them thus the fact that somebody can have 20+ charges on their record and spent 1 day in jail. Which helps the socio-economically disadvantage IMO
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:The little girl is the one that ran off because he couldn't play in the sandbox.

But at least I now know the source of your anguish. Don't worry. Oakie is still looming I'm sure and he'll be back with his daily parade of Rush updates.
Your only contribution to the board is ranting and raving about Oakton. And he's the girl? LOL
Your only contribution to this board is calling everyone a dumbass and being as racist as you can - about 10,000 more times than anyone else.

I started a post with a topic for discussion that you came in and acted like a shithead from the word go.

MOST people are glad Oakie's gone and would be if you were too. The difference between you and me is I can turn off being a dick when I want. It's innate in you.

It is HYSTERICAL that you are, as USN would say "butt hurt" over Oakie's absence considering how you used to insist you didn't treat him differently.
Nope, I dominate posting topics and opinions. The dumbasses get called dumbass ya dumbass. "Most" people as you're referring are a small handful of likeminded wankers like yourself. Bottom line is it's shameful how you took upon yourself to run off someone who contributed thousands more than you. Letting love guide your way, dick head.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:summarize for me, what crimes are we getting rid of? what drugs are legal?. And yes, again for a huge part of the American population we realize there is a consequence for breaking written laws and CHOOSE not to put ourselves in that position thus most people do not end up in jail. As for example considering how many crimes are never tried and handled long before court that person you describe is not likely to get sent away for three strikes in your scenario. But I will ask again, how many crimes are you giving someone? A lot of the folks I see on the new committing crimes somehow they are still among us with a rap sheet that is pages long.... hmmmm
I appreciate that you have repeated the same, as to yet unargued by anyone here, position. Why don't we just leave it at that. I'll mark you down as a "the system works perfectly as is".
l
no system is perfect, but yes it is hard to discuss if you just say it is broke and won't discuss at all your "fixes". have a good one
I've addressed a number of points. Plus I pointed you to an online platform that explains with the fixes should be. For some reason you either won't read it or don't care to and continue with the same tired argument.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:The little girl is the one that ran off because he couldn't play in the sandbox.

But at least I now know the source of your anguish. Don't worry. Oakie is still looming I'm sure and he'll be back with his daily parade of Rush updates.
Your only contribution to the board is ranting and raving about Oakton. And he's the girl? LOL
Your only contribution to this board is calling everyone a dumbass and being as racist as you can - about 10,000 more times than anyone else.

I started a post with a topic for discussion that you came in and acted like a shithead from the word go.

MOST people are glad Oakie's gone and would be if you were too. The difference between you and me is I can turn off being a dick when I want. It's innate in you.

It is HYSTERICAL that you are, as USN would say "butt hurt" over Oakie's absence considering how you used to insist you didn't treat him differently.
Nope, I dominate posting topics and opinions. The dumbasses get called dumbass ya dumbass. "Most" people as you're referring are a small handful of likeminded wankers like yourself. Bottom line is it's shameful how you took upon yourself to run off someone who contributed thousands more than you. Letting love guide your way, dick head.
Yes. I'm the reason he left. When the haze of whatever narcotic wears off I'd like you to read back through what you have just written and tell me that it doesn't appear to be a love letter to Oakton. You're only missing the quote of any typical teenage girl. You just don't understand them like I do!
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Yes. I'm the reason he left. When the haze of whatever narcotic wears off I'd like you to read back through what you have just written and tell me that it doesn't appear to be a love letter to Oakton. You're only missing the quote of any typical teenage girl. You just don't understand them like I do!
So you admit to being everything I said you are and your defense is "so is Oakton!". You go girl. Imagine how he would have responded if you weren't a dick to him ...
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

So you admit to being everything I said you are and your defense is "so is Oakton!". You go girl. Imagine how he would have responded if you weren't a dick to him ...[/quote]

The first part of what I said was sarcasm as clearly open decided to leave on his own. Clearly he did not blame me. If you read his post he claimed that no one was responding to what he was posting. He wasn't feeling that he was getting value from the board.

Oakton was pretty much a dick so I'm not sure how he would have responded if I hadn't been a dick back to him. I'm guessing it would have been a failed experiment
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:So you admit to being everything I said you are and your defense is "so is Oakton!". You go girl. Imagine how he would have responded if you weren't a dick to him ...

The first part of what I said was sarcasm as clearly open decided to leave on his own. Clearly he did not blame me. If you read his post he claimed that no one was responding to what he was posting. He wasn't feeling that he was getting value from the board.

Oakton was pretty much a dick so I'm not sure how he would have responded if I hadn't been a dick back to him. I'm guessing it would have been a failed experiment[/quote]
Oakton was childish, not a dick. You're a dick. There is a difference. And it's hilarious how you assume he would have have been a dick if you ever stopped being a dick. That's the type of thinking that makes most people believe that you're girlish.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:So you admit to being everything I said you are and your defense is "so is Oakton!". You go girl. Imagine how he would have responded if you weren't a dick to him ...

Oakton was pretty much a dick so I'm not sure how he would have responded if I hadn't been a dick back to him. I'm guessing it would have been a failed experiment
Oakton was childish, not a dick. You're a dick. There is a difference. And it's hilarious how you assume he would have have been a dick if you ever stopped being a dick. That's the type of thinking that makes most people believe that you're girlish.[/quote]

Ok. If you call me a Dick, I'm probably on the right track so thanks. Goodnight sweet Prince. Read your Bible tonight and don't forget to skip all the love thy neighbour parts.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Oakton was childish, not a dick. You're a dick. There is a difference. And it's hilarious how you assume he would have have been a dick if you ever stopped being a dick. That's the type of thinking that makes most people believe that you're girlish.

Ok. If you call me a Dick, I'm probably on the right track so thanks. Goodnight sweet Prince. Read your Bible tonight and don't forget to skip all the love thy neighbour parts.[/quote]

Goodnight dick. Don't stay up past your bedtime.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

pursefight.gif
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:pursefight.gif
It's the menstrual's purse!
HvilleHokie

Post by HvilleHokie »

every time we had one of these silly back and forths, there is one person involved.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HvilleHokie wrote:every time we had one of these silly back and forths, there is one person involved.
Absolute or FloHo. I like how your only contribution is to whine about me.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I do, but you're asking me to jump into the same trap that Republicans/conservatives fall for every time. Newt is a whore and Van Jones only wants to do this because he thinks the system is targeting blacks for incarceration - he'd probably release all of them if he could.
Have you actually listened to Van Jones speak on the topic? That's not what he's saying. He DOES represent that it is unfair against black males and to that I'd agree.

How exactly is it unfair to black males?

FULL DISCLOSURE: I think Van Jones is a lying sack of shiite.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
cwtcr hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
l
I've addressed a number of points. Plus I pointed you to an online platform that explains with the fixes should be. For some reason you either won't read it or don't care to and continue with the same tired argument.

Or just not commit crimes that get you sent to prison..... I realize this point cannot be addressed, it involves personal choices and personal responsibility, can't deal with that I know
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I do, but you're asking me to jump into the same trap that Republicans/conservatives fall for every time. Newt is a whore and Van Jones only wants to do this because he thinks the system is targeting blacks for incarceration - he'd probably release all of them if he could.
Have you actually listened to Van Jones speak on the topic? That's not what he's saying. He DOES represent that it is unfair against black males and to that I'd agree.

Put it this way... of all the white people I know who regularly smoke(d) marijuana (and I know a bunch), my brother is the ONLY ONE who ever was charged with a simple possession. Once. Twenty years ago. He STILL habitually uses and never gets hassled about it.

Black folks, on the other hand, especially males, are CONSTANTLY given grief over marijuana. That sh!t shouldn't even BE illegal, but the enforcement of that bullsh!t law is far more heavily applied to blacks and that's just a fact.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Hokie CPA wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Put it this way... of all the white people I know who regularly smoke(d) marijuana (and I know a bunch), my brother is the ONLY ONE who ever was charged with a simple possession. Once. Twenty years ago. He STILL habitually uses and never gets hassled about it.

Black folks, on the other hand, especially males, are CONSTANTLY given grief over marijuana. That sh!t shouldn't even BE illegal, but the enforcement of that bullsh!t law is far more heavily applied to blacks and that's just a fact.
I contend black users are generally dumber and smoke in public more, leading to more hassle. I have stoner friends too and they rarely light up in public. At least in view of others. My black friends on the other hand are always smoking in public or in a car in a public parking lot. The vehicle looks like something out of Cheech Chong with no doubt what's happening. Is what it is, they're just not as secretive and don't give a rip.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Let me guess. Your brother and your friends generally use in their own home, out on the back deck, etc. in suburban America. They work during the day and smoke nights and weekends. Very little police presence, certainly not patrolling. They come to problems when called.

In urban areas, in particular low socio-economic areas, the police are out in force, constantly on patrol, and in numbers. In reality they put their resources where they are needed, where the majority of significant crime occurs and exists. As such they are going to interface with black guys smoking dope all of the time, not looking for it as much as coming across it. Many unemployed hanging out during the day drinking and smoking.

And you wonder why blacks and Hispanics get arrested more?
absolutvt03
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: I contend black users are generally dumber

This should just be your stock reply to everything as it pretty accurately reflects your views. At the very least it should be your signature.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: I contend black users are generally dumber

This should just be your stock reply to everything as it pretty accurately reflects your views. At the very least it should be your signature.
LOL. Everyone one can see what you left off idiot.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Anyone familiar with #cut50?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Hokie CPA wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

This is 100% true. Thank you for posting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

133743Hokie wrote:
Hokie CPA wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

Let me guess. Your brother and your friends generally use in their own home, out on the back deck, etc. in suburban America. They work during the day and smoke nights and weekends. Very little police presence, certainly not patrolling. They come to problems when called.

In urban areas, in particular low socio-economic areas, the police are out in force, constantly on patrol, and in numbers. In reality they put their resources where they are needed, where the majority of significant crime occurs and exists. As such they are going to interface with black guys smoking dope all of the time, not looking for it as much as coming across it. Many unemployed hanging out during the day drinking and smoking.

And you wonder why blacks and Hispanics get arrested more?
This. When I grew up, white kids did drugs in their garage or basement while their parents were working. OTOH, when I worked in the city, I would see people doing drugs in alleys, cars, etc.. all the time. CPA is falling for the equal opportunity = equal outcome logic trap that liberals love.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

USN_Hokie wrote:#cut50

Yes it is. You guys sound like the folks who say we're going to balance the budget by cutting pork spending, or the military.
That's what I've criticized you and all the RWNJ's here for.
People who know, know.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

TheH2 wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:#cut50

Yes it is. You guys sound like the folks who say we're going to balance the budget by cutting pork spending, or the military.
That's what I've criticized you and all the RWNJ's here for.
Please feel free to provide any link where I've said anything like that. Until then, just know that you're failing an even simpler math problem.