Is this terrorism? I don't know.

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Re: Is this terrorism? I don't know.

Post by RiverguyVT »

USN_Hokie wrote: Normally when someone uses "etc., etc." - they're able to elaborate on what they are when challenged. You've been given multiple opportunities and refused to do so.

Do you understand what multiculturalism is? If you do, then you understand that immigration today is much different than immigration a hundred years ago or more.
My grandfather didn't have a "celebrate diversity!" bumper sticker either. I'm guessing yours didn't. :lol:
I shouldn't be surprised that there is argument here on UWS that immigration now is the same as it was 75 years ago, when that position is what the Soros propaganda apparatchik has been spewing all over the internets.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Normally when someone uses "etc., etc." - they're able to elaborate on what they are when challenged. You've been given multiple opportunities and refused to do so.
You mean, other than this direct rebuttal?

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=117193#p117165
USN_Hokie wrote:Do you understand what multiculturalism is? If you do, then you understand that immigration today is much different than immigration a hundred years ago or more.
Interesting because I brought up the response about how immigrants of the past settled into their own neighborhoods because Riverguy said this:

"I am also loony enough to believe that many on the left would like nothing more than to undo the Great American Culture™. Many past immigrants in the 1900s wanted nothing more than to assimilate and become "american". Many today appear to me to not want to assimilate, but rather to make america more like the hellholes they came from."

So, it would appear there is a desire to go back to the "assimilated" world of the past. Today, immigrants come over, form their own neighborhoods, and come to work in our businesses or start their own. Which, by the way, is EXACTLY what immigrants in the past did.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Generally, something that's easier for Americans to spell / pronounce. This isn't hard.
Well that's super clear. So, all the Koreans named "Kim" are ok since us "Americans" can say Kim. What about those pesky Swedes? The Liljedahl family down the street seem perfectly content tongue-twisting Jimmy Dean - he gets all flustered trying to say their name. Commie bastards.
Actually, Koreans are/have been some of the best at integrating with American culture. I dare say most Americans of Korean descent have American names. As for your neighbor down the street - you're just making my point with respect to multiculturalism.

Most of the problem lies with US - when we admit people to the country under the pretext of them assimilating, we get people who want to be a part of this country. When we admit people and tell them we'll take down our flag on Cinco De Mayo (which is hilarious considering the entire holiday is/was a marketing ploy by a beer company) if it offends them, we get people who bring the problems from the shirty little country they fled from.
Uprising
Alma Mater: VT
Party: etc

Post by Uprising »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: I'm not going to lie. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to statistics. You are talking about refugees from majority Muslim countries and wondering why the larger percentage isn't Christian?
Well, then, you didn't read my earlier post (or didn't understand it).
No group more likely to be persecuted there, than the Christians. None.
As a percentage of the Syrian population, they are no small group.
As a percentage of the refugees taken, and being taken, they are infinitesimal. Disproportionately under-represented. By design, by the UN.
Something like 2% of refugees taken since 2011 are Christian. That is on order of 7 times smaller than what would be expected statistically, all else equal
Are those US refugee numbers or Global? Seriously - I can't tell since you mentioned the UN
Did you know that the UN has a hand in and processes the refugees leaving Syria?
I've been pretty clear for several pages now.
Do you know about this? Not too long ago you LOLed and shook your head at the idea of refugees being referred by the UN:
RiverguyVT wrote:Referred. LOL & smh
Hell, you flat out denied that there was any vetting process at all. This despite your claim that Christians are being denied:
RiverguyVT wrote:Oh, good grief. There is NO vetting process.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Actually, Koreans are/have been some of the best at integrating with American culture. I dare say most Americans of Korean descent have American names.

That'll be news to my childhood friends Jung and Chong.
USN_Hokie wrote:As for your neighbor down the street - you're just making my point with respect to multiculturalism.

I thought I was making a point that spelling of a name has NOTHING to do with assimilation.
USN_Hokie wrote:Most of the problem lies with US - when we admit people to the country under the pretext of them assimilating, we get people who want to be a part of this country. When we admit people and tell them we'll take down our flag on Cinco De Mayo (which is hilarious considering the entire holiday is/was a marketing ploy by a beer company) if it offends them, we get people who bring the problems from the shirty little country they fled from.
So your concern is over a flag related to a made up holiday.I'm sure if yoiu want to fly it, you'll still be allowed to regardless of how many Mexican immigrants you offend.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Normally when someone uses "etc., etc." - they're able to elaborate on what they are when challenged. You've been given multiple opportunities and refused to do so.
You mean, other than this direct rebuttal?

http://uwsboard.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=117193#p117165
USN_Hokie wrote:Do you understand what multiculturalism is? If you do, then you understand that immigration today is much different than immigration a hundred years ago or more.
Interesting because I brought up the response about how immigrants of the past settled into their own neighborhoods because Riverguy said this:

"I am also loony enough to believe that many on the left would like nothing more than to undo the Great American Culture™. Many past immigrants in the 1900s wanted nothing more than to assimilate and become "american". Many today appear to me to not want to assimilate, but rather to make america more like the hellholes they came from."

So, it would appear there is a desire to go back to the "assimilated" world of the past. Today, immigrants come over, form their own neighborhoods, and come to work in our businesses or start their own. Which, by the way, is EXACTLY what immigrants in the past did.

1. I didn't bother reading past your personal attack on me. If you want me to read your posts, put your attacks at the end. As for ethnic neighborhoods, I'd like you to show me how they disprove a desire to assimilate. The only thing they show me is that people moving to a new country will live near family.

2. I'm not riverguy, don't confuse arguments with different people.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:1. I didn't bother reading past your personal attack on me. If you want me to read your posts, put your attacks at the end.
You mean the part where I asked you if your stupid assertion that I only belived there were Chinese and Italian immigrants was an example of honest discussion? That was a personal attack? Mmmkay.
USN_Hokie wrote:As for ethnic neighborhoods, I'd like you to show me how they disprove a desire to assimilate. The only thing they show me is that people moving to a new country will live near family.
So could you please define acceptable assimilation? Is it simply name spelling so "Americans" can pronounce it, demonstrating a willingness to bomb your home country, and allowing you to celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Because those are the only actual examples you've produced.
USN_Hokie wrote:2. I'm not riverguy, don't confuse arguments with different people.
YOU entered the discussion I was having with Riverguy - ergo, I had to explain what I was referring to. I brought up the assimilation point in response to Riverguy. You responded to that post. Do you not understand how the forum works?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:1. I didn't bother reading past your personal attack on me. If you want me to read your posts, put your attacks at the end.
You mean the part where I asked you if your stupid assertion that I only belived there were Chinese and Italian immigrants was an example of honest discussion? That was a personal attack? Mmmkay.
USN_Hokie wrote:As for ethnic neighborhoods, I'd like you to show me how they disprove a desire to assimilate. The only thing they show me is that people moving to a new country will live near family.
So could you please define acceptable assimilation? Is it simply name spelling so "Americans" can pronounce it, demonstrating a willingness to bomb your home country, and allowing you to celebrate Cinco De Mayo? Because those are the only actual examples you've produced.
USN_Hokie wrote:2. I'm not riverguy, don't confuse arguments with different people.
YOU entered the discussion I was having with Riverguy - ergo, I had to explain what I was referring to. I brought up the assimilation point in response to Riverguy. You responded to that post. Do you not understand how the forum works?
Have a nice day. Good luck with whatever personal issues you're dealing with.
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

Uprising wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: I'm not going to lie. I have no idea what you are talking about in regards to statistics. You are talking about refugees from majority Muslim countries and wondering why the larger percentage isn't Christian?
Well, then, you didn't read my earlier post (or didn't understand it).
No group more likely to be persecuted there, than the Christians. None.
As a percentage of the Syrian population, they are no small group.
As a percentage of the refugees taken, and being taken, they are infinitesimal. Disproportionately under-represented. By design, by the UN.
Something like 2% of refugees taken since 2011 are Christian. That is on order of 7 times smaller than what would be expected statistically, all else equal
Are those US refugee numbers or Global? Seriously - I can't tell since you mentioned the UN
Did you know that the UN has a hand in and processes the refugees leaving Syria?
I've been pretty clear for several pages now.
Do you know about this? Not too long ago you LOLed and shook your head at the idea of refugees being referred by the UN:
Hell, you flat out denied that there was any vetting process at all. This despite your claim that Christians are being denied:
is there a vetting process, yes per the state dept.. DOES IT WORK, since the folks from Syria have zero paperwork and no way to investigate them yes there is a process and it will not find out anything except they are human and currently breathing. That was the point of the no process comment.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Have a nice day. Good luck with whatever personal issues you're dealing with.
:roll:

Let me know when you are interested in having the discussions that you supposedly desire.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Uprising wrote: Do you know about this? Not too long ago you LOLed and shook your head at the idea of refugees being referred by the UN:
"referred"- go back to that quote. I was LOL'ing at the context of the word "referred", not that there was no UN involvement.
There is no vetting process. Way different than saying that the UN is only sending non-Christians. Two totally different issues.

There is so much liberal "fail" (layers upon layers) in this latest terror incident in San B, you must have had a bad day yesterday.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

RiverguyVT wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
and without question, Bush's and Trump's declarations of Christian only far exceed whatever claim you are making about the UN saying the opposite

Are you trying to say Christian populations in Syria are smaller than what Bush (I'm assuming ?Jeb?) and Trump are saying (because I've not heard either even comment upon the issue of under-representation nor Christian populations).

No I'm saying that Bush and Trump have come out, on record, saying they would support bringing in only CHristian Syrian refugees, thereby denying Muslim refugees - as if there was a test to prove it.
Well, that's not something I've said.
And as for "thereby denying muslim refugees"...the current system is denying Christian ones. Is that a better answer? Denying Christians?
The reason that there are fewer Syrian Christian refugees is that you have to be in a refugee camp to apply for refuge. And there are groups that help people get into those refugee camps, and also help them get on the refugee list to be sent to an other country.
There are lots of Sunni and Shiite groups doing this. Not so much with the Christians. The Christians that do show up in refugee camps don't have a pile of other Christians, or Christian advocacy groups to help them, or to protect them from persecution from the Sunnis and Shiites.
It isn't the fault of the UN or the US. It's a problem with being a relatively small, persecuted group, in a highly religious country.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Apparently, the wife passed a DHS screen before being given a visa.

That's a big kick in the nuts against the President's attempt to politicize this...
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Woman? Looks like a bra. ETA: or it could just be blood.

Looks like a white woman to me.
I bet you're crushed they weren't white extremist......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

I'm actually surprised we have had any experts in TV explain to us that Saudis/Packis are technically Caucasoid.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Silly neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:

Silly neck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup. Crushed.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function