Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: Is this terrorism? I don't know.

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Not really. No change will be affected. We try and politicize these things to prevent them from happening but nothing is ever done. Everyone shrugs their shoulders and thinks how horrible it is that it happened, but in the back of their mind they never imagine it will happen to them. We have more mass shootings than any other 1st world country and we do nothing. It's just sad and embarrassing.
USN_Hokie wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Only partially.

I just know that in this case, the argument that if everyone had a gun this wouldn't have happened doesn't hold up as well.

Assuming the black SUV and suspect descriptions are true, this sounds much more "professional" than a crazy person with a gun. Not sure why people would this training would attack a hospital of this nature.
A bit early for this, isn't it? FWIW, it's been reported that it was a Christmas Party which was the focus of the attack. Whether that means "workplace violence" or terrorism we don't know, but everyone present should have been an employee and thus mentally / physically able to carry a gun and defend themselves if they weren't in a gun free zone and living in a state which doesn't recognize the word "bear" in the US Constitution.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU

Post by Major Kong »

awesome guy wrote:Odd choice for a Swed.
Maybe they're Finn :?:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Odd choice for a Swed.
Maybe they're Finn :?:
Could be. It's a big mystery.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Not really. No change will be affected. We try and politicize these things to prevent them from happening but nothing is ever done. Everyone shrugs their shoulders and thinks how horrible it is that it happened, but in the back of their mind they never imagine it will happen to them. We have more mass shootings than any other 1st world country and we do nothing. It's just sad and embarrassing.
USN_Hokie wrote:

I just know that in this case, the argument that if everyone had a gun this wouldn't have happened doesn't hold up as well.

Assuming the black SUV and suspect descriptions are true, this sounds much more "professional" than a crazy person with a gun. Not sure why people would this training would attack a hospital of this nature.
A bit early for this, isn't it? FWIW, it's been reported that it was a Christmas Party which was the focus of the attack. Whether that means "workplace violence" or terrorism we don't know, but everyone present should have been an employee and thus mentally / physically able to carry a gun and defend themselves if they weren't in a gun free zone and living in a state which doesn't recognize the word "bear" in the US Constitution.
Please start a new thread if you want to bring up this tired BS again.
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:One of the suspects is a county worker

Just heard another suspect name: Muhammed Hajid

Here's the scanner feed if anyone is interested: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/feed/12443/web
CNN analyst saying it looks like domestic terrorism by possibly militia.
Tea Party members, no doubt.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Not really. No change will be affected. We try and politicize these things to prevent them from happening but nothing is ever done. Everyone shrugs their shoulders and thinks how horrible it is that it happened, but in the back of their mind they never imagine it will happen to them. We have more mass shootings than any other 1st world country and we do nothing. It's just sad and embarrassing.
USN_Hokie wrote:

Of course we do. What do you want done?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Take away the guns or give everyone a government issued firearm. Sounds good.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:

This appears to be a coordinated attack on US soil, how exactly are you going to stop it, please explain

We could not stop planes going into buildings in downtown NY and DC either, the reality is nobody can unless by some magic you know it will happen and when
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

If only we had strict gun control...like France, or Norway...
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Take away the guns or give everyone a government issued firearm. Sounds good.
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

There have been roughly 3.6 million car accident deaths in the US since the invention of the car. Should vehicles be next? In 2011, there were three times the amount of car deaths to homicides. Suicides by gun make up around 64% of gun deaths.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

When do the youtube videos come up, pointing out the crisis actors?

I saw a bunch saying the Paris thing didn't happen.....

Anyway, picking on mentally disabled people. Geez, how low can you get?
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:When do the youtube videos come up, pointing out the crisis actors?

VOR is safe. Word is this facility is a hall that was rented by the country health department for a meeting. And it's the only building not secured on the grounds.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:When do the youtube videos come up, pointing out the crisis actors?

Already did two hours ago. Where have you been?
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

With names like Farooq Saeed and Muhammed Hajid, we definitely will not be allowed to jump to conclusions. This could have been motivated by anything.

Very different from the PP shooting where we instantly knew the motivation of the shooting - "right wing extremist rhetoric"

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:With names like Farooq Saeed and Muhammed Hajid, we definitely will not be allowed to jump to conclusions. This could have been motivated by anything.

Very different from the PP shooting where we instantly knew the motivation of the shooting - "right wing extremist rhetoric"
I've heard the words militia and ant-government on CNN.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Police in pursuit of a black SUV
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:Police in pursuit of a black SUV
That's racist
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

awesome guy wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Police in pursuit of a black SUV
That's racist
Looks like a man down.
ElbertoHokie

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Looks like the suspects are cornered and firing at police.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Looks like the suspects are cornered and firing at police.
Glad the police have guns.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:Looks like the suspects are cornered and firing at police.
Glad the police have guns.
Wow. That SUV looks like something out of a movie.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Officer down
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

CNN has a helicopter overhead

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:CNN has a helicopter overhead

http://go.cnn.com/?stream=cnn
I've been watching that.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Definitely Tea Party...this is the guy bleeding out in the street, FYI. You can see the sheen from his blood on the road.