Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Re: Left wing coordinated attack on "prayers" for San Bernar

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote: Maybe you should stick with grammar since comprehension isn't working out for you.
Leave it to you to start with the insults. It's not my fault your post was unclear. But instead of just answering my simple (and completely justifiable) question, you have to be an ass. Typical.
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Maybe you should stick with grammar since comprehension isn't working out for you.
Leave it to you to start with the insults. It's not my fault your post was unclear. But instead of just answering my simple (and completely justifiable) question, you have to be an ass. Typical.
My post was crystal clear.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
No it wasn't. You said:
awesome guy wrote:
That's not a good argument and not mine. I said they won't work. I hope you can understand the difference.
What is "That" referring to in your post? I'm not sure why you're being so contrary over someone asking for simple clarification? I'm not insulting you, I'm genuinely asking you what part of my post you were referring to as "not a good argument and not mine".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
No it wasn't. You said:
awesome guy wrote:
That's not a good argument and not mine. I said they won't work. I hope you can understand the difference.
What is "That" referring to in your post? I'm not sure why you're being so contrary over someone asking for simple clarification? I'm not insulting you, I'm genuinely asking you what part of my post you were referring to as "not a good argument and not mine".
Dude, read what you wrote and my response. This isn't hard, each post isn't it's own island starting a new subject.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
No it wasn't. You said:
awesome guy wrote:
Dude, read what you wrote and my response. This isn't hard, each post isn't it's own island starting a new subject.
Obviously I read both. Your response is muddled and unclear. You responded to my entire post so I'm not sure which part of it was "not a good argument" and I'm particularly unsure about which part "wasn't [yours]". But rather than clarify you'd prefer to spend 10 posts saying "Go read".
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
No it wasn't. You said:
awesome guy wrote:
Obviously I read both. Your response is muddled and unclear. You responded to my entire post so I'm not sure which part of it was "not a good argument" and I'm particularly unsure about which part "wasn't [yours]". But rather than clarify you'd prefer to spend 10 posts saying "Go read".
GD, maybe the part where I reiterated your statement?

Yeah, I don't care what you think or believe is unclear. Go read to infinity.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:

I think maybe you need to go reread the exchange. You didn't "reiterate" anything I said. That's the problem. You just started throwing pronouns around and then when I ask you to clarify (rather civilly I might add) you respond with your typical abrasive nonsense. No worries. From now on I'll just assume you're unable to form a coherent response and move on to people who can.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

I think maybe you need to go reread the exchange. You didn't "reiterate" anything I said. That's the problem. You just started throwing pronouns around and then when I ask you to clarify (rather civilly I might add) you respond with your typical abrasive nonsense. No worries. From now on I'll just assume you're unable to form a coherent response and move on to people who can.

does this ring a bell? Even after going back, you still miss the most obvious context.
The idea that we shouldn't have a law because someone will break it or find away around it is not a good argument.
Gee, what in the world could "that is not a good argument" refer? It's a giant mystery, totally ambiguous. :roll:

I don't care, bye Felicia
ElbertoHokie
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

Just quit trying. Their ultimate argument boils down to they really don't care about others deaths. They live in an Ayn Rand world where as long as they feel their needs are met, to hell with everyone else.

I just quit trying. They will argue regardless of whatever facts. When the time comes and the USA votes for an amendment to their gun laws, i know how I'll vote. I'll go dutifully turn in my pistol at a gun buy back and thousands of people will not die every year needlessly. Not making or changing laws because someone may break them is not excuse or argument, but they'll cling to it. It's how they feel and what they do.
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Just quit trying. Their ultimate argument boils down to they really don't care about others deaths. They live in an Ayn Rand world where as long as they feel their needs are met, to hell with everyone else.

I just quit trying. They will argue regardless of whatever facts. When the time comes and the USA votes for an amendment to their gun laws, i know how I'll vote. I'll go dutifully turn in my pistol at a gun buy back and thousands of people will not die every year needlessly. Not making or changing laws because someone may break them is not excuse or argument, but they'll cling to it. It's how they feel and what they do.
You have a gun? Lol.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

ElbertoHokie wrote:Just quit trying. Their ultimate argument boils down to they really don't care about others deaths. They live in an Ayn Rand world where as long as they feel their needs are met, to hell with everyone else.

1. The statistics are not on your side. WADR, rational thought is not on your side - 43k people died of illegal drug overdoses last year, and you want to liberalize drug laws? Yet, 10k homicides means it's time to start taking people's civil rights away? Sounds like you're the one who doesn't care about the deaths. Excuse me if I have trouble taking you seriously until you reconcile that.

2. Whether your gun harms someone is up to you. But, if you really feel otherwise, why do you still have it? Why do you need to wait for the man to tell you to turn it in?
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

rather closed minded, black and white thinking, etc.

Snark aside, I knew this is where you were going as soon as you started talking about nuance. Claims of ambiguity and moderation are most always octopus ink excreted from a liberal attempting to hide their position and appear as if they're reasoned when they're really not. You quit because you lost the debate, but aren't going to change your mind because your position is from emotions.
miles

Post by miles »

What does a million abortions each year in America say about folks who feel as long as their wants and needs are met, the hell with everyone else. It's their right to kill their children, eh? It's a lifestyle choice, right?
cwtcr hokie

Post by cwtcr hokie »

wow, you are in the minority for sure, good luck with your plan for folks not living right next to a police station. FYI, a firearm has never ever ever ever killed or injured anyone or anything. The human operating the instrument sure has, so are you banning pipes also, the bitch couple in kali had enough bombs to level their entire neighborhood?
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HokieFanDC wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:That's depicts what I said...a peak in the late 70's/early 80's. When you look at per capita auto deaths vice miles traveled, they both look about the same. You're trying to pick at this one point and it just makes you look silly IMO.

Yes, we all know that gun deaths went up in the 70s/80s, mirroring the crime rates. What that tells you us that the baseline for gun deaths, has a floor of 4.5 or so, and that fluctuations have to do with crime rate, and not anything to do with gun laws, or regulations.

The automobile death rate has been trending down for 75 years, with a jump in the '60s, followed by a steady decline. And the decrease has almost everything to do with laws and regulations.

I'm not sure what point you think I'm picking at, other than that bringing up automobile deaths (which you have done many times) and comparing them to gun deaths, is ludicrous. In general, I value your opinion, but in this case, you should just stop making comparisons of cars and guns. It's really, really stupid.

Actually, it's not a stupid comparison. It's made only to illustrate the stupidity of banning guns, or assault knives in the name of 'saving just one life'. No, one life is not equal to the 2nd Amendment. For that matter, 10's of thousands of lives aren't worth shredding our Constitution over. In fact, many thousands have shed their blood in the name of those freedoms.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:

1. The statistics are not on your side. WADR, rational thought is not on your side - 43k people died of illegal drug overdoses last year, and you want to liberalize drug laws? Yet, 10k homicides means it's time to start taking people's civil rights away? Sounds like you're the one who doesn't care about the deaths. Excuse me if I have trouble taking you seriously until you reconcile that.

2. Whether your gun harms someone is up to you. But, if you really feel otherwise, why do you still have it? Why do you need to wait for the man to tell you to turn it in?
Exactly I don't grok why he'd have to wait for the gubment to tell him what do with his own personal property...there is a word for that it's called a hypocrite.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

Its funny how the "lets ban guns so we can save one life" people just ignore the number of lives that have been saved by guns.

Quick question, what instrument was used to stop all of these mass shooters?

Guns give people the ability to protect themselves, and the biggest beneficiaries are people that would otherwise have little to no defense against bullies. People like the elderly and women. But libs don't think about those people. When they think of gun owners, all they can think of are white rednecks running around waving the confederate flag. They truly have a simplistic and infantile understanding of the issue.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Exactly I don't grok why he'd have to wait for the gubment to tell him what do with his own personal property...there is a word for that it's called a hypocrite.
I think if Elberto is serious, he should make a Youtube video of him smashing his gun to pieces with a sledgehammer. :mrgreen: