Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Girl refuses to wear 666 bib for race

Post by Florida Hokie »

Brilliant administrators of race can't see fit to change the number for her. I don't think this is a war against Christianity issue. I think this is yet another example in about 1,000,000 of the spineless, brainless adults in charge of our education system. Seriously, just change the number - how hard is that?

That said, it is sad to me that this girl believes wearing the number would put her relationship with God at risk. God doesn't care what bib number you wear.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschoo ... 18529.html
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: Girl refuses to wear 666 bib for race

Post by Hokie CPA »

She should wear it upside down and be # 999.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:Brilliant administrators of race can't see fit to change the number for her. I don't think this is a war against Christianity issue. I think this is yet another example in about 1,000,000 of the spineless, brainless adults in charge of our education system. Seriously, just change the number - how hard is that?

That said, it is sad to me that this girl believes wearing the number would put her relationship with God at risk. God doesn't care what bib number you wear.

You've spoken directly to Him about this?
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

I have. He said I don't give a rat's patootie.

Granted, I was dropping acid at the time so he may have said it differently, but he definitely said it.

Oddly enough, one would think he sounded like Morgan Freeman but he doesn't....Ryan Seacrest.
Valencia Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Brilliant administrators of race can't see fit to change the number for her. I don't think this is a war against Christianity issue. I think this is yet another example in about 1,000,000 of the spineless, brainless adults in charge of our education system. Seriously, just change the number - how hard is that?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:I have. He said I don't give a rat's patootie.

Granted, I was dropping acid at the time so he may have said it differently, but he definitely said it.

Oddly enough, one would think he sounded like Morgan Freeman but he doesn't....Ryan Seacrest.
Valencia Hokie wrote:

Shocked you didn't go 90s and claim he is a she!
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Good for her...Good to see there is someone in America under 30 with values...
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Oddly enough, one would think he sounded like Morgan Freeman but he doesn't....Ryan Seacrest.
He said He sounds like Ryan Seacrest! That's close enough! LOL
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

One of the article's commenters noted something I did.
The Yahoo! writers used "purported" in describing the girl's faith.
She said this is something she believes. Why bring her integrity into question? The only way the word "purported" would make sense is if the writer is saying that 'the girl said this is her belief, but there's room to think she doesn't really believe it'

I also chuckle at the athiests & apparent left-leaners who mock her.
?What ever happened to a woman's right to choose?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

Saw an interview with a guy that was prisoner 666 in Alcatraz back in the 50's. No special stories but that's a hell of a distinction.
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:

She is naive to think wearing 666 puts her relationship with God at risk.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Bingo - akin to thinking that two men marrying each other puts on'es heterosexual marriage at risk.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

+1
Hokie CPA wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:Oddly enough, one would think he sounded like Morgan Freeman but he doesn't....Ryan Seacrest.
He said He sounds like Ryan Seacrest! That's close enough! LOL
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

Not the point... she could have gone all Nolan/Once and not stood up for herself/beliefs for fear of not being accepted/popular/progressive...but she didn't - good for her...
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

So she refused to wear the written symbol of Nero? Why does she hate bloated multimedia software suites :?: :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

In other news, I passed 666 posts today.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:Not the point... she could have gone all Nolan/Once and not stood up for herself/beliefs for fear of not being accepted/popular/progressive...but she didn't - good for her...
Is it absolutely necessary for you to go out of your way to insult other posters when making your points? Nolan and once are very good participants in this forum.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

BigDave wrote:In other news, I passed 666 posts today.
We'll be keeping an eye on you!
CFB Apologist

Post by CFB Apologist »

Florida Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:Not the point... she could have gone all Nolan/Once and not stood up for herself/beliefs for fear of not being accepted/popular/progressive...but she didn't - good for her...
Is it absolutely necessary for you to go out of your way to insult other posters when making your points? Nolan and once are very good participants in this forum.
Sorry FloHo, and you are correct...should not have done that...

How about... She could have gone all "guilty no spine lib" and....
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

CFB Apologist wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Sorry FloHo, and you are correct...should not have done that...

How about... She could have gone all "guilty no spine lib" and....
That's....better?
Valencia Hokie

Post by Valencia Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

True. She should be concerned with clearer eternally damning matters, like women wearing pants.
chuckd4vt

Post by chuckd4vt »

CFB Apologist wrote:

This whole incident is a ridiculous waste of time. On her part, and then on the parts of the peeps who wouldn't just change the number. Hardly anything God would desire us to spend much of our time on.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Florida Hokie wrote:
Although I do act up occasionally, as I did a couple of weeks ago when I called oakton. I'm trying very hard to let love guide my posting habits.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
BigDave
Party: Republican

Post by BigDave »

chuckd4vt wrote:This whole incident is a ridiculous waste of time. On her part, and then on the parts of the peeps who wouldn't just change the number. Hardly anything God would desire us to spend much of our time on.
Even if you don't agree with her decision, the adults need to act like adults and provide a reasonable accommodation.
Posted from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk
Once

Post by Once »

Yes, this is one of the few "places" I frequent where you can get called out for refraining from acting like a douchebag.

The lady is a nut. She's afraid of the number 6 and apparently abjectly terrified of the prospect of 3 of them side by side... It's an irrational fear, but I don't see why someone couldn't just give the loonie woman another number.

nolanvt wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Although I do act up occasionally, as I did a couple of weeks ago when I called oakton. I'm trying very hard to let love guide my posting habits.
Last edited by Once on Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:
CFB Apologist wrote:

I disagry.
I don't think my wearing a 666 in a race would put my relationship with God at risk. But who am I to suggest knowing exactly what her relationship with God is comprised of? We're not talking about MY relationship with God (nor any of yours). We're talking about HER relationship with God. If deep down, she feels & knows this as her truth, with her God,...then, yeah, wearing 666 would indeed put her relationship at risk. That is totally her call, and not for anyone else to mock.

I wouldn't ever think to wave my hand around my chest to head & forehead as large-c Catholics do. NOT doing so, in their minds, affects their relationship with God. If they feel their relationship has been affected, then by God and by themselves, it has.

This is no different.
I'm surprised some here would judge it the way they are.

:roll: :cry: :oops: :shock: :o
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.