Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Busted...

Post by Major Kong »

I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Mcl3 Hokie

Well, he painted a pretty big target on his back

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

when he jumped the price of the parasite drug from $13.50 to $750 per pill. Karma is a bitch.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Busted...

Post by nolanvt »

Good.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

nolanvt wrote:Good.
Is it true? I don't know, maybe it is. If he's guilty great. Or, is it a witch hunt? All of these people on Wall Street walk away but they get this guy?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Is it true? I don't know, maybe it is. If he's guilty great. Or, is it a witch hunt? All of these people on Wall Street walk away but they get this guy?

That's kinda what I'm wondering. How many of these hedge fund guys could be charged with "securities fraud" if the DOJ wanted to charge them? Is it a rare crime that they always prosecute, or is it a common crime that the only prosecute when they don't like a guy?

For sure, the left believes this guy is making too much money and charging too much for his drugs. And I understand that it can seem cruel to develop a life-saving drug and then charge so much for it that many people cannot afford it. But if we punish people for trying to profit from drug development/research, then eventually people will saw "screw it" and stop doing drug development & research. What's the point in spending millions/billions of dollars in drug development unless there's a profit motive? There's a reason you don't see many drug break-troughs in countries like N. Korea or even China.

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

That's kinda what I'm wondering. How many of these hedge fund guys could be charged with "securities fraud" if the DOJ wanted to charge them? Is it a rare crime that they always prosecute, or is it a common crime that the only prosecute when they don't like a guy?

For sure, the left believes this guy is making too much money and charging too much for his drugs. And I understand that it can seem cruel to develop a life-saving drug and then charge so much for it that many people cannot afford it. But if we punish people for trying to profit from drug development/research, then eventually people will saw "screw it" and stop doing drug development & research. What's the point in spending millions/billions of dollars in drug development unless there's a profit motive? There's a reason you don't see many drug break-troughs in countries like N. Korea or even China.

Yep,sounds like a modern day Michael Milken story.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Yep. I hope we're not perp-walking folks based on the success of twitter/facebook/reddit campaigns....
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Wall St. crooks shouldn't walk. If this guy committed the alleged crime, throw the book at him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
miles

Post by miles »

He should have given generously to BarackObamaFoundation.org and the Clinton Foundation.
This inquisition could have been avoided if he just gave (paid) when solicited.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Wall St. crooks shouldn't walk. If this guy committed the alleged crime, throw the book at him.

the crime of hiring a consultant?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't charged for hiring a consultant.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't charged for hiring a consultant.

try reading the article first before responding.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

I know people who know this guy, Shkreli. The description I've heard is "sketchy".

Note, taking money from one company to pay your hedge fund losses is a pretty big no-no. He'll serve time.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
I agree, but that's not what he was doing. He was purchasing a drug that was off patent and selling for dollars and significantly raising the price. He was using the system, which created a monopoly to eff people.
People who know, know.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:

He's not being prosecuted for buying drug patents and selling them for a lot of money. He's being prosecuted for lying to his investors, and improperly using Retrophin's funds to pay off the investors he defrauded. The people that area investigating him, and charging him, aren't the "left". Not sure where you're getting that craziness from.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I know people who know this guy, Shkreli. The description I've heard is "sketchy".

Note, taking money from one company to pay your hedge fund losses is a pretty big no-no. He'll serve time.
We've been assured from AG that he was charged for hiring a consultant, so we can rest easy now.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:I know people who know this guy, Shkreli. The description I've heard is "sketchy".

We've been assured from AG that he was charged for hiring a consultant, so we can rest easy now.
Read and comprehend the article before replying. They're saying that hiring the consultant was a scam to pay off the hedge losses. They're going to need a lot of evidence to prove that, if it's true.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

HooFighter wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

Read and comprehend the article before replying. They're saying that hiring the consultant was a scam to pay off the hedge losses. They're going to need a lot of evidence to prove that, if it's true.
Sup

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

I think Hoof has an enemy threads list.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote:I think Hoof has an enemy threads list.
It's called "search". Works pretty well.

BTW, when is my payment due? I feel kinda bad for living rent-free in your head.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

HooFighter wrote:

BTW, when is my payment due? I feel kinda bad for living rent-free in your head.
Going to advise my employer not to hire consultants.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HooFighter wrote:

You're not living in my head, unfortunately your posts show up in the "unread" post feed and then I'm disappointed in the pettiness or stupidity of it.
HooFighter

Post by HooFighter »

awesome guy wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

You're not living in my head, unfortunately your posts show up in the "unread" post feed and then I'm disappointed in the pettiness or stupidity of it.
Especially the ones about my vacation.