Your Republican Party: Can any of you here imagine ..

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
houtexhokie

Your Republican Party: Can any of you here imagine ..

Post by houtexhokie »

....Donald Trump and Ronald Reagan on the same stage? Debating?

....Even the most extreme of you must find that ... disturbing.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Re: Your Republican Party: Can any of you here imagine ..

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Trump is a large part of the nation's reaction to Obama to some degree. Remember the movie Unbreakable, when Samuel Jackson explains the balance of the universe in comic books? Kinda like that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Your Republican Party: Can any of you here imagine ..

Post by awesome guy »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:Trump is a large part of the nation's reaction to Obama to some degree. Remember the movie Unbreakable, when Samuel Jackson explains the balance of the universe in comic books? Kinda like that....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not just Obama, but PC culture in general. I think The Obama can only survive in a PC environment, where people equate criticism with racism and so he's been able to hide from the normal dismay and ridicule that someone of his record should get. The sane world is color blind and Trump is a step in getting there. I hope Trump though is competent and doesn't bring on another anti-previous candidate and instead is someone to emulate, as Reagan was. I have no doubt that he's competent for the job. And it's going to be hilarious watching the libs get bent out of shape over him stating and acting on the obvious. At the same time, he's not a Tea Party candidate and is going to piss off a lot on the right with social issues and even taxes. He's also a giant middle finger to the ruling class and so hopefully will usher in a return to citizen governance and an end to these career politicians that are disconnected from the real world and just screw up everything. Trump is a symbol in many ways and so what he says isn't really going to matter. The people want an end to the elitists that can't find their ass with a map.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.