Good Night Frank. You didn't win 'em all but you did it...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
houtexhokie

Post by houtexhokie »

..with style and class.

And "Most of all, you did it your way" ...Just like Sinatra...

Salute.

HT from Russell County..
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

Your Russell Co. ain't to shabby, HT. I like the scenery driving on North 71.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
houtexhokie

Russell County ..I'm pleased you enjoyed it...

Post by houtexhokie »

...its pleasures and attractiveness are hard to describe to folk who have never been there. Beartown Mountain etal.

There's at least 250 years of "modern" history buried in those mountains. Much more with a bit of perspective.

" On January 2, 1786, Russell County was established from a section of Washington County. L.P. Summers, a Washington County historian later wrote, "Washington County lost a great extent of country and many valuable citizens when Russell County was formed." The county was named for Culpeper County native Colonel William Russell.[3] The first court met in May 1786 in the Castle's Woods settlement (present-day Castlewood) in the house of William Robinson. Later, a new place was built to house the County Seat. The structure used as a courthouse still stands, and is referred to as "The Old Courthouse." The present Courthouse, located in Lebanon, has been in use since 1874.

The County has been home for many well known persons such as Daniel Boone, Governor H.C. Stuart, State Representative Boyd C. Fugate and State Senator M.M. Long. Russell County was also the birthplace of other counties. The counties of Wise, Lee, Tazewell, and Scott were formed from parts of Russell County.

The largest cattle farm East of the Mississippi River is headquartered at Rosedale in Russell County.
....."

Once again, thanks for your kudos.

HT
miles

Re: Good Night Frank. You didn't win 'em all but you did it.

Post by miles »

You're all hat and no cattle, houtex. Once again, you prove how little you know.
Mormons own the largest cattle ranch ( it's not a farm) in the United States.. It's located in Florida and ranges about 295,000 acres.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Ranches
Here's more:
http://agfax.com/2011/12/20/water-wildl ... n-america/
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

miles wrote:You're all hat and no cattle, houtex. Once again, you prove how little you know.
Mormons own the largest cattle ranch ( it's not a farm) in the United States.. It's located in Florida and ranges about 295,000 acres.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deseret_Ranches
Here's more:
http://agfax.com/2011/12/20/water-wildl ... n-america/
Are you questioning the accuracy of information which Kotex plagiarized from Wikipedia (where...to quote Michael Scott: "anyone can add/delete stuff, so you know you're getting good information") :mrgreen:

That's kind of ironic considering that every Mormon I've met is a vegetarian/vegan.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

In defense of HT Stuart Land and Cattle Company based out of Rosedale, VA is no longer the largest "ranch" east of the Mississippi but interestingly enough it is one of the oldest "corporations" not only in the US but the world.

Useless trivia of the day.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

USN_Hokie wrote:That's kind of ironic considering that every Mormon I've met is a vegetarian/vegan.
Really :?: In contrast I've never met a vegetarian/vegan Mormon...must be the difference between LDS members from AZ and UT and east coast members. :mrgreen:
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Major Kong wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:That's kind of ironic considering that every Mormon I've met is a vegetarian/vegan.
Really :?: In contrast I've never met a vegetarian/vegan Mormon...must be the difference between LDS members from AZ and UT and east coast members. :mrgreen:
Me either
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
Me either
I actually looked it up after posting - it's not a requirement, but apparently there are lots of Mormons who are.
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
Me either
I actually looked it up after posting - it's not a requirement, but apparently there are lots of Mormons who are.
I know a bunch and not a vegan among them. Quite the carnivores actually.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
Me either
Well I'm happy to be corrected on this point. Being leaf-eaters was always my #1 reservation about mormons. I should have known since they're not all pale and sickly looking as most vegetarians/vegans are. :mrgreen:
Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
Me either
Well I'm happy to be corrected on this point. Being leaf-eaters was always my #1 reservation about mormons. I should have known since they're not all pale and sickly looking as most vegetarians/vegans are. :mrgreen:
Let's not get crazy - most are pale!
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
Major Kong wrote:
Me either
A lot of Mormons are vegan. If you read the book "Blue Zones", it discusses Loma Linda, Cali as a Blue Zone, and it says a lot of the population is vegan/vegetarian Mormons.

I am about to start traveling a lot to Salt Lake City for work. I don't drink anymore either, so maybe I will actually fit in. :)

Sister wife anyone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila