epa has helped convict 185 for environmental crimes while...

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
HokieDan95

epa has helped convict 185 for environmental crimes while...

Post by HokieDan95 »

it's own go unpunished after spilling toxic mine waste

http://dailycaller.com/2015/12/28/epa-s ... al-crimes/
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
VisorBoy

Re: epa has helped convict 185 for environmental crimes whil

Post by VisorBoy »

HokieDan95 wrote:it's own go unpunished after spilling toxic mine waste

Well, the Gold King mine disaster was an accident. The environmental fraud and illegally removing asbestos referred to in the article as among the 185 convictions might be something different, and hence punishable criminally.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

So the Gold King mine discharge was an accident? It was completely preventable with better planning and engineering. That is not the definition of an accident. If a private firm did the same, the EPA fines would be enormous.
VisorBoy wrote:
HokieDan95 wrote:it's own go unpunished after spilling toxic mine waste

Well, the Gold King mine disaster was an accident. The environmental fraud and illegally removing asbestos referred to in the article as among the 185 convictions might be something different, and hence punishable criminally.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:So the Gold King mine discharge was an accident? It was completely preventable with better planning and engineering. That is not the definition of an accident. If a private firm did the same, the EPA fines would be enormous.
True...I've never seen an EPA fine reduced because "it was an accident".
HokieDan95

Post by HokieDan95 »

diggety wrote: David Gregory didn't deserve jail time for that AR15 magazine because he was using it to make a point.
Hokie5150 wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:So the Gold King mine discharge was an accident? It was completely preventable with better planning and engineering. That is not the definition of an accident. If a private firm did the same, the EPA fines would be enormous.
True...I've never seen an EPA fine reduced because "it was an accident".
"What's best in life?","To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women."
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

Hokie5150 wrote:True...I've never seen an EPA fine reduced because "it was an accident".
EPA is only worried about the fact of the violation. Did it happen :?: Yes. Then you're screwed get out your checkbook. Oh you say it was an accident :?: Oh it was preventable and you didn't follow SOP :?: Get out the checkbook again and sign this consent decree.

Here is another interesting ditty, the EPA doesn't institute an Environmental Management System but gets all pissy and schitt if a private entity doesn't have one.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.