Florida Hokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Like a Rock Star

Re: Tamir Rice Shows You Can Get Away With Murder

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: It is HIGHLY unlikely this would have happened to a white kid but keep applying your statistics if it makes you feel better.
Let's leave the racist conjecture out of this, shall we? :roll:
No. THat is part of the story. I posit that a white kid in the same situation would have been afforded more latitude. You can disagree if you want to but that doesn't mean it is a valid part of the discussion.
You can't be ignorant to the fact that this happened in Detroit. The murder rate there last year was 44/100k. That's higher than South Africa.
So that justifies a quick trigger on a 12 year old kid? You can't be ignorant to the fact that the kid had no chance once the cop rolled up on him. 2 seconds.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:He didn't point the gun at a cop.
Watch that get repeated again and again. Even though he didn't point it.
He pointed it at multiple people walking down the street. I would have called the cops too.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
He pointed it at multiple people walking down the street. I would have called the cops too.
SO do you agree that he didn't point it at the cops.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
He sure looked like he was attempting to. This is the part of the thread where FloHo finds himself in an indefensible position and attempts to argue an irrelevant point.

One more time - do you believe that cops should wait to have guns pointed at them before using deadly force?
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote: It is HIGHLY unlikely this would have happened to a white kid but keep applying your statistics if it makes you feel better.
No. THat is part of the story. I posit that a white kid in the same situation would have been afforded more latitude. You can disagree if you want to but that doesn't mean it is a valid part of the discussion.
You can't be ignorant to the fact that this happened in Detroit. The murder rate there last year was 44/100k. That's higher than South Africa.
So that justifies a quick trigger on a 12 year old kid? You can't be ignorant to the fact that the kid had no chance once the cop rolled up on him. 2 seconds.
How much do you weigh? I bet this kid could have beat you up.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

BG Hokie wrote:... I can't imagine the number of errors that took place by the one to two officers on the scene.
One-and-five-eighths cop? :P
BG Hokie wrote:I truly believe if the kid were white, he'd be alive, not because the officer is necessarily a bigot but because of subconscious bias on the perception of threat.
Yeah. Anecdotally, I know of a City of Richmond cop that was being charged by his (black) co-workers, internally through H.R., of racism against blacks. They had a hearing and everything. Allowed the accused cop to bring in character witnesses, to help prove the negative. Not only has he not stopped beating his wife, but she took the witness stand on his behalf. She's black. She assured City of Richmond Police H.R. that her white husband was not, in fact, racist against blacks. Further evidence was apparent as several mulatto children of his sat in the lobby.

I doubt this officer is a bigot, either.

Kid shouldn't have been running around with a gun.
At 12, I shouldn't have been running around with M-80s.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
He sure looked like he was attempting to. This is the part of the thread where FloHo finds himself in an indefensible position and attempts to argue an irrelevant point.

One more time - do you believe that cops should wait to have guns pointed at them before using deadly force?
I'm not the one that claimed he pointed the gun at the cops.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

This is the part of the thread where FloHo finds himself in an indefensible position and attempts to argue an irrelevant point.

USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

BG Hokie wrote: I truly believe if the kid were white, he'd be alive, not because the officer is necessarily a bigot but because of subconscious bias on the perception of threat.
Don't you think that a cop in Cleveland should have a biased perception of a threat (as opposed to say...a Blacksburg Police Officer)? That sounds completely reasonable to me.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

This is the part of the thread where FloHo finds himself in an indefensible position and attempts to argue an irrelevant point.

These Connecticut officers gave an old white woman the benefit of the doubt. Wonder why?

https://www.rt.com/usa/327296-woman-gun ... -survives/
CWHOKIECPA
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

BG Hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Sorry but the cops did nothing wrong and the kid's parent need to be in prison for the rest of their sorry lives. Image
What did the parents do wrong?
They didn't tell him not to run around with a gun and point it at people.
Yeah, great point, when I was 12, I obeyed every rule my parents ever laid down.

These are honestly the most stupid posts I read on these boards. When I was 12 I got in a fight in school. I guess we could just blame my parents...
Lol. It's not a fight at school. It's a fake gun that looks like a real gun. It's not staying up 15 minutes past curfew. It a fake gun that looks real. My post was stupid?
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
Major Kong wrote:Sorry but the cops did nothing wrong and the kid's parent need to be in prison for the rest of their sorry lives. Image
Yeah, great point, when I was 12, I obeyed every rule my parents ever laid down.

These are honestly the most stupid posts I read on these boards. When I was 12 I got in a fight in school. I guess we could just blame my parents...
Lol. It's not a fight at school. It's a fake gun that looks like a real gun. It's not staying up 15 minutes past curfew. It a fake gun that looks real. My post was stupid?
I think trying to ascertain the conversations that were held between parents and their dead child, neither of whom you know, to be a little silly, yes. Unless you are trying to advance some sort of agenda.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:
CWHOKIECPA wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:

I think trying to ascertain the conversations that were held between parents and their dead child, neither of whom you know, to be a little silly, yes. Unless you are trying to advance some sort of agenda.
Your first sentence makes no sense. Stick to one sentence or a one word post like you normally do.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

These Connecticut officers gave an old white woman the benefit of the doubt. Wonder why?

Don't know. It's a female. They are less likely to be violent. It's a fact. Or, I could call it female privilege.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

Lol. It's not a fight at school. It's a fake gun that looks like a real gun. It's not staying up 15 minutes past curfew. It a fake gun that looks real. My post was stupid?[/quote]

I think trying to ascertain the conversations that were held between parents and their dead child, neither of whom you know, to be a little silly, yes. Unless you are trying to advance some sort of agenda.[/quote]

Your first sentence makes no sense. Stick to one sentence or a one word post like you normally do.[/quote]

My bad. I thought FloHo asked you what the parents did wrong and then you said "They didn't tell him not to run around with a gun and point it at people."

That seems a little silly.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

ip_law-hokie wrote:Lol. It's not a fight at school. It's a fake gun that looks like a real gun. It's not staying up 15 minutes past curfew. It a fake gun that looks real. My post was stupid?
I think trying to ascertain the conversations that were held between parents and their dead child, neither of whom you know, to be a little silly, yes. Unless you are trying to advance some sort of agenda.[/quote]

Your first sentence makes no sense. Stick to one sentence or a one word post like you normally do.[/quote]

My bad. I thought FloHo asked you what the parents did wrong and then you said "They didn't tell him not to run around with a gun and point it at people."

That seems a little silly.[/quote]

I don't think the parents tried to have a conversation with their dead son. That seems silly? Okay?
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

CWHOKIECPA wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:Lol. It's not a fight at school. It's a fake gun that looks like a real gun. It's not staying up 15 minutes past curfew. It a fake gun that looks real. My post was stupid?

That seems a little silly.[/quote]

I don't think the parents tried to have a conversation with their dead son. That seems silly? Okay?[/quote]

Got it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

You and I weren't there, so that's a laughable comparison to attempt to make. I will say this though. Torrington, Connecticut looks like Maybury:

Whereas Cleveland looks like Kabul.

One more time - do you believe that cops should wait to have guns pointed at them before using deadly force? That is what you're arguing.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:

Stop throwing up garbage you read on facebook and answer my question.
Florida Hokie

Post by Florida Hokie »

USN_Hokie wrote:Stop throwing up garbage you read on facebook and answer my question.
I know it is garbage when you don't like what it says but the fact is that there was a police altercation where a woman not only held a weapon to the officers but actually threatened them verbally - yet no bullets were unloaded in her. THOSE officers assessed the situation. The officers in Tamir's case rolled up on him as he was standing around a picnic table NOT brandishing a weapon and pump two bullets in him at the mere HINT of reaching into a waistband. A kill shot.

So, to answer your question - an officer should appropriately assess a situation to determine when he/she should use deadly force. I know the grand jury exonerated them but that doesn't make it right. That is a death that EASILY could have been avoided and LIKELY would have been avoided if Tamir was "Hunter" and was white.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:Stop throwing up garbage you read on facebook and answer my question.

So, to answer your question - an officer should appropriately assess a situation to determine when he/she should use deadly force. I know the grand jury exonerated them but that doesn't make it right. That is a death that EASILY could have been avoided and LIKELY would have been avoided if Tamir was "Hunter" and was white.
Slow down there little doggy! You just said this is black and white (excuse the pun) issue. There was no choice to be made. Nothing to assess. Either the old, senile white woman from your facebook feed has to get shot, or cops have to let black kids pull guns and point them before they can defend themselves for there to be justice in your world.

You sound like Rain Man trying to equivocate the two.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
No. THat is part of the story. I posit that a white kid in the same situation would have been afforded more latitude. You can disagree if you want to but that doesn't mean it is not a valid part of the discussion.

Only your made up BS is valid, got it. Let's upgrade the board by trading Oakton for you.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Florida Hokie wrote:
I know it is garbage when you don't like what it says but the fact is that there was a police altercation where a woman not only held a weapon to the officers but actually threatened them verbally - yet no bullets were unloaded in her. THOSE officers assessed the situation. The officers in Tamir's case rolled up on him as he was standing around a picnic table NOT brandishing a weapon and pump two bullets in him at the mere HINT of reaching into a waistband. A kill shot.

You think they used deadly force quicker because he is black. Okay. Why do you think they did that? Was it racism? Or, is a person more likely to look at a demographic differently because of the amount of crimes committed in that demographic. It's a tough question that we must ask. You used the woman above as an example. We are less likely to view her as dangerous. I wouldn't be surprised if police pull their guns quicker on black people and slower on an old white woman. It makes sense when you look at the demographics. It doesn't make it right. And in some ways, the white woman could lure them into being too complacent. The black person makes them to aggressive. It's a problem, no doubt. But, I don't think it's as big of a problem as people are making it. Very few cases have to do with racism. There may be some cases where it is, but I would say few. Most officers are probably just trying to do their jobs. Some panic and don't make good decisions. Others didn't get the right information. Some were not trained properly. A few bad apples will murder someone.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
That's not a quick trigger, that's self defense. You can repeat the same lie over and over, but that doesn't make it true.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
BG Hokie

Post by BG Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
BG Hokie wrote:... I can't imagine the number of errors that took place by the one to two officers on the scene.
One-and-five-eighths cop? :P
BG Hokie wrote:I truly believe if the kid were white, he'd be alive, not because the officer is necessarily a bigot but because of subconscious bias on the perception of threat.
Yeah. Anecdotally, I know of a City of Richmond cop that was being charged by his (black) co-workers, internally through H.R., of racism against blacks. They had a hearing and everything. Allowed the accused cop to bring in character witnesses, to help prove the negative. Not only has he not stopped beating his wife, but she took the witness stand on his behalf. She's black. She assured City of Richmond Police H.R. that her white husband was not, in fact, racist against blacks. Further evidence was apparent as several mulatto children of his sat in the lobby.

I doubt this officer is a bigot, either.

Kid shouldn't have been running around with a gun.
At 12, I shouldn't have been running around with M-80s.
Great anecdote and one that clearly misses the point. Who said the officer is a bigot? I didn't and I don't necessarily think he is... I just think that it's likely the 12 year old was perceived to be more of a threat because he was black than if he were white. Is it that hard to understand?

People who are not racist, don't necessarily have the same reaction when they see people of different races? In this day and age, racism if you can even call it that, is more likely subconscious.