Tamir Rice Shows You Can Get Away With Murder

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Re: Tamir Rice Shows You Can Get Away With Murder

Post by USN_Hokie »

I think Flo should walk the walk and move into the Cleveland Section 8 housing right across the street from where Tamir was shot since he evidently believes it's no more dangerous than rural Colorado. C'mon Flo, move your family there...
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

USN_Hokie wrote:I think Flo should walk the walk and move into the Cleveland Section 8 housing right across the street from where Tamir was shot since he evidently believes it's no more dangerous than rural Colorado. C'mon Flo, move your family there...
Not only that, but if you think it's more dangerous then you're a racist.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
CWHOKIECPA
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: In your Moms mouth

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

PolyTech wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I just saw this gif and thought it was relevant to the profiling discussion:

You're looking at people in Japan queueing for a comicon event. Incidentally, the rate of single parent households in Japan is 2.84%. The number is highest in the vicinity of US military bases/post war immigration locations. The rate in Tokyo is 1.03%.

http://stats-japan.com/t/kiji/11954
While there are lots of good things about the Japanese culture, there are lots of bad things, too. I loved traveling there for business, seeing the temples, enjoying the lack of crime and being able to walk about anywhere worry-free in a foreign country, the food, etc. But there are plenty of things to NOT like about it, as well. The business culture is absolutely awful; I have too many stories about that. And the fact that they have to have some separate women-only subway cars to prevent groping is pretty shameful.

The conformity and dedication to that part of the culture is pretty hardcore. That gif is completely consistent with what I've seen. Entrepreneurship however, not coincidentally in my book, is almost non-existant (there are tiny pockets, of course, but compare to Silicon Valley, for instance).

I think we could definitely use a bit more respect between people here; that could only help us. There's a middle ground here between Florida's Il Duce scenario and the gif you posted above (not suggesting, of course, that's anything like what you were suggesting, but that's FloHo's bit).
Their business culture is killing their family culture. It seems lots of them do one or the other. The population is shrinking. We have something similar going on over here. Not as bad with business people having families. The difference is our population growth is less stagnet because we subsidize irresponsibility. Feminists are separating men and women over here. It won't be long before they have their own subway cars.
My women clients think I'm so sweet.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:I just saw this gif and thought it was relevant to the profiling discussion:

http://i.imgur.com/fHEnlAf.gifv

You're looking at people in Japan queueing for a comicon event. Incidentally, the rate of single parent households in Japan is 2.84%. The number is highest in the vicinity of US military bases/post war immigration locations. The rate in Tokyo is 1.03%.

http://stats-japan.com/t/kiji/11954
Impressive. Reminds me of something:

I have no idea what your point is supposed to be. Germans are good at conformity too...what groups conform to is another matter. Aside from the WW1/WW2 period, they've been a role model just as the Japanese have.

By the way, Hitler was raised in a single parent household if you didn't know. Maybe if he had a father figure around to kick his ass and make him learn a trade, he wouldn't have been a disgruntled, failed artist. :)
Yep. Most criminals are.
CWHOKIECPA

Post by CWHOKIECPA »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Your game of changing an obvious probability into an absolute is tiresome and makes it impossible to have any kind of reasonable dialogue with you. Get smart and respond to what is actually written instead of this dumbass act you've got going on.
Yep, it's getting old. You know FloHo has completely lost the argument when he tries to shift it to "USN claims that nobody with a dad has ever played with a gun." :roll: :roll:
You said he was killed by the cops because he played with the gun in a manner that led them to investigate. You said if he had a dad he would have known better. WHat else is there to conclude from your points?
Well. That is possible.
HokieJoe
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Florida Hokie wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Your game of changing an obvious probability into an absolute is tiresome and makes it impossible to have any kind of reasonable dialogue with you. Get smart and respond to what is actually written instead of this dumbass act you've got going on.
Yep, it's getting old. You know FloHo has completely lost the argument when he tries to shift it to "USN claims that nobody with a dad has ever played with a gun." :roll: :roll:
You said he was killed by the cops because he played with the gun in a manner that led them to investigate. You said if he had a dad he would have known better. WHat else is there to conclude from your points?
Go back and read harder.
"I think the fact that Tamir's dad is AWOL explains part of why Tamir is dead." - USN_Hokie

And? It likely wouldn't have hurt. Look, I know you probably mean well, but you live in a bubble. You've never worked with low SES subpops. Race isn't the issue. Unstable or non-existent family structures are what is to blame for higher crime rates, poor academic performance and poor life outcomes. If you want to go on a jihad, raise your fist at 40+ years of failed government policy.
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson