Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Re: Ammon Bundy reportedly in custody with shots fired

Post by Major Kong »

I'll wait until I read the topix version of events before deciding to give an opinion.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:...On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that there are no lootings and vandalisms in the closest downtown Oregon village.
if so, it won't be for lack of effort from the "movement."

This is history in the making! There are no laws in this United States now, this is free for all armageddon, any L.E.O., or military, or law enforcement or feds who stand up and **** their oath

http://gawker.com/remaining-militiamen- ... 1755503283
Gawker? LOL.
Uh, okaaay.

Nah, these guys aren't looter types. There's no effort from "the movement" to loot private property nor vandalize businesses. C'mon. That's not their brand of whack.
Right insofar as looters steal beer and these necks steal government buildings.

But I'm not sure why we are discussing this. Awesome guy is the only guy defending these nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:...On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that there are no lootings and vandalisms in the closest downtown Oregon village.

This is history in the making! There are no laws in this United States now, this is free for all armageddon, any L.E.O., or military, or law enforcement or feds who stand up and **** their oath

Gawker? LOL.
Uh, okaaay.

Nah, these guys aren't looter types. There's no effort from "the movement" to loot private property nor vandalize businesses. C'mon. That's not their brand of whack.

But I'm not sure why we are discussing this. Awesome guy is the only guy defending these nuts.

Did they take the pamphlets in the welcome center too? Would you approve if they were as filthy as the stench mob occupying public property last year?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Gawker? LOL.
Uh, okaaay.

Did they take the pamphlets in the welcome center too? Would you approve if they were as filthy as the stench mob occupying public property last year?
Silly neck.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote: Did they take the pamphlets in the welcome center too? Would you approve if they were as filthy as the stench mob occupying public property last year?
Silly neck.

lead drinking yankee
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

absolutvt03 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:I think the question being raised was speculation on people's reactions to the shooting.
Your reaction seems to indicate you think that the OccupyOregonStreet guy did something violent to the cops, like the St Louis shooting situation.
I didn't speculate, I said the reactions themselves will be interesting. My reaction didn't "seem to indicate" anything, you're reading your own interpretation into it (which is what you always do). In fact my "reaction" (if you could call it that) has been pretty much limited to my comment saying it will be interesting to see how people respond to this. Nowhere did I say anything remotely close to "the guy did something violent to the cops".
Yeah, you were saying the two situations were similar by saying it looked familiar. You put that parallel out there. Carry on...
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

VisorBoy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
Very good point. I can already see it set up as left-wingers feeling some bit of schadenfreude (which would be truly horrible), while right-wingers will decry the use of fatal force on citizens.

A role reversal from previous instances. Before the nutjob websites deconstruct the comparisons, my view is:

1. It will be important to get specific details into why the police shot the one man. Only then can conclusions be made.
2. It is vital that police be outfitted with cameras due to this and previous instances of fatal police violence.
3. Taking over a federal facility to prove a point is the wrong way to pursue change in a republic.

Well, they have video of the shooting. Guy ran a police roadblock, almost running over an officer. He got out of his truck, and didn't get down on the ground. He reached for his pocket more than once, and then was shot. He was carrying a 9mm.
Seems pretty clear, especially in UWS land, that the shooting was justified.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

HokieFanDC wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
Very good point. I can already see it set up as left-wingers feeling some bit of schadenfreude (which would be truly horrible), while right-wingers will decry the use of fatal force on citizens.

A role reversal from previous instances. Before the nutjob websites deconstruct the comparisons, my view is:

1. It will be important to get specific details into why the police shot the one man. Only then can conclusions be made.
2. It is vital that police be outfitted with cameras due to this and previous instances of fatal police violence.
3. Taking over a federal facility to prove a point is the wrong way to pursue change in a republic.

Well, they have video of the shooting. Guy ran a police roadblock, almost running over an officer. He got out of his truck, and didn't get down on the ground. He reached for his pocket more than once, and then was shot. He was carrying a 9mm.
Seems pretty clear, especially in UWS land, that the shooting was justified.
Yeah. This seems like a cut and dry case.

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
And yet this sounds very familiar:
"LaVoy Finicum, they cold-blooded killed him," Cliven Bundy said. "They said he was out, had his hands in air, said he wasn't armed, wasn't any threat, and they cold-blooded just killed him. They shot him several times, I guess. Anyway, my son said that's what happened."
awesome guy wrote: Are you really equating the cops shooting someone attempting to kill them with someone occupying a visitor center?

They didn't shoot anyone for occupying a visitor center.
1 FBI Agent indicted, several others under investigation for lying under oath and falsifying evidence in Lavoy Finicum shooting. The agents apparently started shooting at him without provocation and then shot him for defending himself.

When does whitey starting burning stuff and looting Starbucks?
FBI Agent Indicted in Oregon Refuge Standoff Shooting

Less than two months after the shooting, the FBI acknowledged that a federal agent was under investigation for firing shots, and four other members of his FBI team were under investigation for covering up the gunshots. The status of the investigation into the other FBI team members is unclear. Then, covered it up and lied under oath.

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... m-shooting
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

absolutvt03 wrote:BTW, the guy killed is the same one I quoted a few weeks back and asked what he'd do if police drew a gun on him:

"I'm here to make it easy for the FBI to find me," he said, adding that he wouldn't use the rifle "unless someone points a weapon at me."
That's exactly what happened to him
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

USN_Hokie wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:BTW, the guy killed is the same one I quoted a few weeks back and asked what he'd do if police drew a gun on him:

"I'm here to make it easy for the FBI to find me," he said, adding that he wouldn't use the rifle "unless someone points a weapon at me."
That's exactly what happened to him
Someone needs to change the avatars of al The Unusuals on this thread to Crying Jordan.......
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function