Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Ammon Bundy reportedly in custody with shots fired

Post by nolanvt »

Fully vaccinated, still not dead
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Re: Ammon Bundy reportedly in custody with shots fired

Post by nolanvt »

Bundy and seven others in custody, and another person dead. Hopefully, these clowns will end the madness soon.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/27/us/or ... .html?_r=0
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Just scanning this. So, they were no longer in occupation of the site, but were out driving around? Huh?

Why/how did one of the occupy Oregon Street guys get shot?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Just scanning this. So, they were no longer in occupation of the site, but were out driving around? Huh?

Why/how did one of the occupy Oregon Street guys get shot?
Apparently all but one person surrendered to police when stopped on the highway. That person was fatally shot, but there's no detail on what exactly happened.

"All of the people arrested on the Oregon highway surrendered to authorities except for one man, later identified as LaVoy Finicum, a spokesman for the group who had previously said he would rather die than go to jail. Another official familiar with the encounter said Finicum refused to surrender and was fatally shot; authorities said Wednesday they were investigating the shooting."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/pos ... -shootout/

Sad that this situation resulted in loss of life. There are other ways to make your point than to take over federal property.
Do justice, love mercy, walk humbly.
absolutvt03
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Voter Apathy

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:Image
Do you just subscribe to a feed called "Dumb Misleading Memes" or something?
Forum rules: Please be civil.
"You do suck and are a terrible human being." - awesome guy
"maybe because you're autistic" - USN_Hokie
Seriously... there's only ONE rule.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
Yeah, it's called an absolute post.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Swing and a miss... I see what you were going for but the execution was lacking. It is nice to know you subscribe to my posts though. I appreciate that.

On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

absolutvt03 wrote:...On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that there are no lootings and vandalisms in the closest downtown Oregon village.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Swing and a miss... I see what you were going for but the execution was lacking. It is nice to know you subscribe to my posts though. I appreciate that.

On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
Nope, I got out of the park, as usual.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

absolutvt03 wrote:
it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
Very good point. I can already see it set up as left-wingers feeling some bit of schadenfreude (which would be truly horrible), while right-wingers will decry the use of fatal force on citizens.

A role reversal from previous instances. Before the nutjob websites deconstruct the comparisons, my view is:

1. It will be important to get specific details into why the police shot the one man. Only then can conclusions be made.
2. It is vital that police be outfitted with cameras due to this and previous instances of fatal police violence.
3. Taking over a federal facility to prove a point is the wrong way to pursue change in a republic.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

VisorBoy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
Very good point. I can already see it set up as left-wingers feeling some bit of schadenfreude (which would be truly horrible), while right-wingers will decry the use of fatal force on citizens.

A role reversal from previous instances. Before the nutjob websites deconstruct the comparisons, my view is:

1. It will be important to get specific details into why the police shot the one man. Only then can conclusions be made.
2. It is vital that police be outfitted with cameras due to this and previous instances of fatal police violence.
3. Taking over a federal facility to prove a point is the wrong way to pursue change in a republic.
Are you really equating the cops shooting someone attempting to kill them with someone occupying a visitor center?
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:...On topic, it will be interesting to see the contrast to people's reactions to this incident versus other police shootings.
I'm going to take a wild guess and bet that there are no lootings and vandalisms in the closest downtown Oregon village.
if so, it won't be for lack of effort from the "movement."

This is history in the making! There are no laws in this United States now, this is free for all armageddon, any L.E.O., or military, or law enforcement or feds who stand up and **** their oath

http://gawker.com/remaining-militiamen- ... 1755503283
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

awesome guy wrote:
VisorBoy wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:

Are you really equating the cops shooting someone attempting to kill them with someone occupying a visitor center?
No, I'm not.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
And yet this sounds very familiar:
"LaVoy Finicum, they cold-blooded killed him," Cliven Bundy said. "They said he was out, had his hands in air, said he wasn't armed, wasn't any threat, and they cold-blooded just killed him. They shot him several times, I guess. Anyway, my son said that's what happened."
awesome guy wrote: Are you really equating the cops shooting someone attempting to kill them with someone occupying a visitor center?

They didn't shoot anyone for occupying a visitor center.
Last edited by absolutvt03 on Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VisorBoy

Post by VisorBoy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

This is history in the making! There are no laws in this United States now, this is free for all armageddon, any L.E.O., or military, or law enforcement or feds who stand up and **** their oath

If true (and I'm skeptical that anyone is this much of a nutjob), then perhaps the SPLC was correct in deeming so-called patriotic militia as a domestic threat.
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

BTW, the guy killed is the same one I quoted a few weeks back and asked what he'd do if police drew a gun on him:

"I'm here to make it easy for the FBI to find me," he said, adding that he wouldn't use the rifle "unless someone points a weapon at me."
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Gawker? LOL.
Uh, okaaay.

Nah, these guys aren't looter types. There's no effort from "the movement" to loot private property nor vandalize businesses. C'mon. That's not their brand of whack.
Salute the Marines
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:

Gawker? LOL.
Uh, okaaay.

Nah, these guys aren't looter types. There's no effort from "the movement" to loot private property nor vandalize businesses. C'mon. That's not their brand of whack.
The link includes a video of the guy so I'm not sure what it being Gawker has to do with anything.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

absolutvt03 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
"LaVoy Finicum, they cold-blooded killed him," Cliven Bundy said. "They said he was out, had his hands in air, said he wasn't armed, wasn't any threat, and they cold-blooded just killed him. They shot him several times, I guess. Anyway, my son said that's what happened."
Familiar or not to you... I am now prodded to wonder if evidence will show that the OccupyOregonStreet guy attacked a cop by reaching into the patrol car, if it will show that he was on hard drugs, and that he had just robbed a convenience store.
Salute the Marines
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
Familiar or not to you... I am now prodded to wonder if evidence will show that the OccupyOregonStreet guy attacked a cop by reaching into the patrol car, if it will show that he was on hard drugs, and that he had just robbed a convenience store.
Or if he had just committed the victimless crime of an armed takeover of a federal building.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

absolutvt03 wrote:
Or if he had just committed the victimless crime of an armed takeover of a federal building.
Is it victim-less?
Salute the Marines
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

RiverguyVT wrote:
absolutvt03 wrote:
Is it victim-less?
Maybe I'm misunderstanding your prior post. It seemed you were trying to differentiate between this shooting and another by claiming in the other the police had a reason for shooting based on the person being shot's past and current behavior. I was pointing out that armed occupation of a federal building would probably fall under a reason that police would pull you over.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I think the question being raised was speculation on people's reactions to the shooting.
Your reaction seems to indicate you think that the OccupyOregonStreet guy did something violent to the cops, like the St Louis shooting situation.
Salute the Marines
absolutvt03

Post by absolutvt03 »

RiverguyVT wrote:I think the question being raised was speculation on people's reactions to the shooting.
Your reaction seems to indicate you think that the OccupyOregonStreet guy did something violent to the cops, like the St Louis shooting situation.
I didn't speculate, I said the reactions themselves will be interesting. My reaction didn't "seem to indicate" anything, you're reading your own interpretation into it (which is what you always do). In fact my "reaction" (if you could call it that) has been pretty much limited to my comment saying it will be interesting to see how people respond to this. Nowhere did I say anything remotely close to "the guy did something violent to the cops".