Has the Bermuda Triangle shifted?

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Has the Bermuda Triangle shifted?

Post by RiverguyVT »

To the west?

With coordinates of Christiansburg-Bluefield-Roanoke? Blacksburg somewhere in the middle?

Another murder. Another murder with really creepy overtones.
Ugh.

Why can't we get away from stories like this? What the heck, people!?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: Has the Bermuda Triangle shifted?

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:To the west?

With coordinates of Christiansburg-Bluefield-Roanoke? Blacksburg somewhere in the middle?

Ugh.

Have you gotten the story behind that yet? Why is a college student, and his female friend (I assume), messing with 13 year old kids? Very bizarre.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Ugh.

Have you gotten the story behind that yet? Why is a college student, and his female friend (I assume), messing with 13 year old kids? Very bizarre.
As much of the story as is so far released, yeah. Very dang creepy. I lived up near Lantern Ridge one year (that's where the girl & her family lived). The accused is saying "the truth will set me free".

In other creepy college news, an RVA girl is mysteriously dead at Univ So Carolina.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Yeah, it's disturbing for sure and giving us a bad image.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
Hokie5150

Post by Hokie5150 »

ip_law-hokie wrote:

Ugh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not a great deal being said at this point. Strange, strange case...
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

These things are hard for all of us to take. B'burg was the happiest place I have ever lived so it makes zero sense to me. :(
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

I understand there's a presser at 2:00pm EST
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

:? I tuned in too late. The 2:00 presser apparently started at 1:50, ended at 2:10. I tuned in at about 2:09.

Apparently, they are charging the girl Keepers with 1st Deg Murder now as well.

Edited:

The victim died from stabbing.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie
Party: Draintheswamp

Post by USN_Hokie »

Bay_area_Hokie wrote:These things are hard for all of us to take. B'burg was the happiest place I have ever lived so it makes zero sense to me. :(
Ditto
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

USN_Hokie wrote:
Bay_area_Hokie wrote:These things are hard for all of us to take. B'burg was the happiest place I have ever lived so it makes zero sense to me. :(
Ditto

Yep. Miss my days @ Tech (or VPI & SU as it was officially called back in the day).
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ditto

Yep. Miss my days @ Tech (or VPI & SU as it was officially called back in the day).
Agreed. I can't imagine these kind of things happening in BBurg when I was there (late 80s, early 90s). Life was fun, challenging, and entertaining.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ditto
Agreed. I can't imagine these kind of things happening in BBurg when I was there (late 80s, early 90s). Life was fun, challenging, and entertaining.
It breaks my heart that there have been horrors around & near there for a long time.
The Buruss Drive murders. Deadwood Days. Stephen M Epperly. The Applachian Trail murder guy...etc
Salute the Marines
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ditto
It breaks my heart that there have been horrors around & near there for a long time.
The Buruss Drive murders. Deadwood Days. Stephen M Epperly. The Applachian Trail murder guy...etc
OK, I am clueless on some of these..i will google them tonight to learn more.

I once got on an ancestry.com kick for about 6 months. Found out my mother's relatives used to live in the Roanoke area for about 100 years before moving to West By God Virginia. I grew up in Alexandria, but I felt at home the first time I sat foot in SWVa, and after learning about my mom's family living there in the 1800s, it kinda blew my mind.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ditto
I remember when I was a student there circa 1995, there was a report on the local news about a Tech student that was kidnapped. IIRC, he was told to strip naked and to run, then his abductors shot him in the back and killed him as he ran away. It was very disturbing. Is that one of the stories you are referencing above?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

UpstateSCHokie wrote: I remember when I was a student there circa 1995, there was a report on the local news about a Tech student that was kidnapped. IIRC, he was told to strip naked and to run, then his abductors shot him in the back and killed him as he ran away. It was very disturbing. Is that one of the stories you are referencing above?
Ha, I actually found the story....

http://scholarlycommons.law.wlu.edu/cgi ... ext=wlucdj

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HokieFanDC wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
USN_Hokie wrote:
Ditto
I remember when I was a student there circa 1995, there was a report on the local news about a Tech student that was kidnapped. IIRC, he was told to strip naked and to run, then his abductors shot him in the back and killed him as he ran away. It was very disturbing. Is that one of the stories you are referencing above?
No, I'd never heard of that one.
Salute the Marines
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

The general area, with Montgomery County as the center, has been a hotbed of violence for many years it's just been more amplified now.

When I was at Ferrum there were some very suspicious disappearances in the mid 70's and murders with my "suite" mate Dodd Hagerstrom being one found in Floyd County in a burned out car.

There was always something going on...at orientation at both VT and Ferrum we were sternly warned to be careful when out trekking in the woods. Go in groups, be aware and let people know where you were going and how long you would be staying.

There were areas that most students just knew to stay away from (like all of Craig County tic).

The most troublesome thing in re to Randall Lee Smith case was the SOB was out in 15 years and then tried to kill 2 more people in '08...dying from injuries of a car crash and saving the Commonwealth of the cost of another trial.
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Major Kong wrote:The general area, with Montgomery County as the center, has been a hotbed of violence for many years it's just been more amplified now.

When I was at Ferrum there were some very suspicious disappearances in the mid 70's and murders with my "suite" mate Dodd Hagerstrom being one found in Floyd County in a burned out car.

There was always something going on...at orientation at both VT and Ferrum we were sternly warned to be careful when out trekking in the woods. Go in groups, be aware and let people know where you were going and how long you would be staying.

There were areas that most students just knew to stay away from (like all of Craig County tic).

The most troublesome thing in re to Randall Lee Smith case was the SOB was out in 15 years and then tried to kill 2 more people in '08...dying from injuries of a car crash and saving the Commonwealth of the cost of another trial.
I thought he died in custody from "mysterious" causes.
Salute the Marines
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Man. Just read up some more on the developments of this last murder case. Keepers bond hearing info. Sick. Sad. Disturbing. Senseless.
Salute the Marines
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

Major Kong wrote:The general area, with Montgomery County as the center, has been a hotbed of violence for many years it's just been more amplified now.

Yep. Randall was definitely crazy. Funny story...the wife and I backpacked the AT near Pearisburg just this summer. We were parked at the Giles Farm Co-op getting ready to head towards the trail when an F150 pulls up. The guy gets out, sees our packs and asks if we're going backpacking. My spidey senses immediately start to tingle, though I'm more nervous about my car being broken into than I am being murdered (I was packing). I quickly figured out this guy wasn't right in the head. He was asking me questions about backpacking and where he could learn more - I recommended a few books and he replied "I don't read so good." Then, out of the blue, he leans forward and says "you know the excrement's gonna hit the fan, right?" :shock: I indulged him for a few minutes (while I memorized his license plate) while he elaborated until our ride showed up.

The two students who were killed at Caldwell Fields a bit ago also irks me. There has to be something the police aren't telling us.
USN_Hokie

Post by USN_Hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:

I thought he died in custody from "mysterious" causes.
You're both right. He died 4 days later as a result of injuries. This is the first I've heard that there were any nefarious motives offered.
Homebrew

Post by Homebrew »

Truthfully, Blacksburg does not have the crime "noise" of major metro areas; therefore, every major crime is magnified by media. Baltimore had over 300 murders last year. As such, no one pays much attention there other than the number and the occasional kid shot in a driveby.
RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

Homebrew wrote:Truthfully, Blacksburg does not have the crime "noise" of major metro areas; therefore, every major crime is magnified by media. Baltimore had over 300 murders last year. As such, no one pays much attention there other than the number and the occasional kid shot in a driveby.
Yes, but.
There is almost an expectation that ghetto murders over turf, $$$, drugs, or rights to johnship over hookers are going to happen.
When a kid makes the Baltimore news as the area's most promising scholar-athlete, and then a year later that same kid kills a 7th grader as part of a pedo thing..yeah, that's going to make a big news splash on shock value alone.
Salute the Marines
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

Too many NOVA and DC area freaks are coming to VT. That's where Cho, this killer, Ft. Hood shooter came from.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.