Once again, the media help our president by distorting the

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
oaktonhokie

Once again, the media help our president by distorting the

Post by oaktonhokie »

facts. Our liar in chief said he is sorry that, THAT the health care problems are there. He did not say he is sorry FOR the problems.

I am sorry that Virginia Tech lost to Boston College. That is a statement of regret, not apology. I have not sorry FOR us losing.

Count on NBC to inaccurately report what was said, and the meaning behind it.

http://videodelivery.nbcnews.com/now/by ... p4?sid=125
If you bend over backwards long enough,
eventually you'll fall down.
oaktonhokie

Re: Once again, the media help our president by distorting t

Post by oaktonhokie »

Transcript.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11 ... erage?lite
oaktonhokie wrote:facts. Our liar in chief said he is sorry that, THAT the health care problems are there. He did not say he is sorry FOR the problems.

I am sorry that Virginia Tech lost to Boston College. That is a statement of regret, not apology. I have not sorry FOR us losing.

oaktonhokie

Post by oaktonhokie »

Did anyone see this?

This faux apology was an embarrassment. Carefully chosen words so libs, livs and morons would accept it as contrition and "move on."

Did he defend Lizard Neck, or did he throw her under the bus?

Worse than the liar's performance, was the media calling this tripe an apology.

oaktonhokie wrote:Transcript.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/11 ... erage?lite
oaktonhokie wrote:facts. Our liar in chief said he is sorry that, THAT the health care problems are there. He did not say he is sorry FOR the problems.

VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Well... other than partisans... people are less concerned about whether a president lied and what he knew and when he knew it... after a certain point. Remember the dustup with President Reagan and Iran Contra? Did Ronnie lie? Or was he incompetent? The same partisan witch-hunt questions that pissed us off in the 80's with Reagan are now being repeated toward Obama (except you guys like it much better this time!).

At the end of the day, people moved on from Iran Contra. And they will move on from Obama's statement about healthcare policies.

What is important is... what was O trying to do? And if people are adversely affected, is there a remedy? In a few more news cycles... that is the real story.
Mcl3 Hokie

Post by Mcl3 Hokie »

Right, then why his approval is falling? Nobody cares...well maybe they do. The old adage of politics is you can lie and get away with it, but when you start reaching into people's pockets, they then care. This is now reaching into pockets and the MSM is finally waking up.

Hearing the new rhetoric, now it's only 5% of the people that will be affected. Unfortunately, that's 15 million people > than his margin of victory in last year's election. And we have no idea how the employer mandate will affect this next year.

VoiceOfReason wrote:Well... other than partisans... people are less concerned about whether a president lied and what he knew and when he knew it... after a certain point. Remember the dustup with President Reagan and Iran Contra? Did Ronnie lie? Or was he incompetent? The same partisan witch-hunt questions that pissed us off in the 80's with Reagan are now being repeated toward Obama (except you guys like it much better this time!).

At the end of the day, people moved on from Iran Contra. And they will move on from Obama's statement about healthcare policies.

What is important is... what was O trying to do? And if people are adversely affected, is there a remedy? In a few more news cycles... that is the real story.
VoiceOfReason
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Every chance I get

Post by VoiceOfReason »

Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Right, then why his approval is falling? Nobody cares...well maybe they do. The old adage of politics is you can lie and get away with it, but when you start reaching into people's pockets, they then care. This is now reaching into pockets and the MSM is finally waking up.

Hearing the new rhetoric, now it's only 5% of the people that will be affected. Unfortunately, that's 15 million people > than his margin of victory in last year's election. And we have no idea how the employer mandate will affect this next year.
I realize that O's falling approval ratings get the RW excited. I certainly chuckle when I see the approval rating of Rs in Congress... especially after the shutdown. But most of those Rs will be re-elected... and O will not run for further office. Hillary is insulated from ACA shockback... so I would not get too encouraged.

Yes, the ACA created a situation where some people have to pay more (to get more coverage than they previous got) or pay the fine and get no coverage. The final evaluation will be:
1) How many did it help and how many did it hurt?
2) What did you do for the people who were hurt? Is there a remedy?
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:Well... other than partisans... people are less concerned about whether a president lied and what he knew and when he knew it... after a certain point. Remember the dustup with President Reagan and Iran Contra? Did Ronnie lie? Or was he incompetent? The same partisan witch-hunt questions that pissed us off in the 80's with Reagan are now being repeated toward Obama (except you guys like it much better this time!).

The difference is Iran Contra, or Monica Lewinsky for that matter, didn't affect people directly and personally. Obamacare does. And that's why it's going to render his last 3 years neuter.
133743Hokie

Post by 133743Hokie »

VoiceOfReason wrote:
Mcl3 Hokie wrote:Right, then why his approval is falling? Nobody cares...well maybe they do. The old adage of politics is you can lie and get away with it, but when you start reaching into people's pockets, they then care. This is now reaching into pockets and the MSM is finally waking up.

I realize that O's falling approval ratings get the RW excited. I certainly chuckle when I see the approval rating of Rs in Congress... especially after the shutdown. But most of those Rs will be re-elected... and O will not run for further office. Hillary is insulated from ACA shockback... so I would not get too encouraged.

Yes, the ACA created a situation where some people have to pay more (to get more coverage than they previous got) or pay the fine and get no coverage. The final evaluation will be:
1) How many did it help and how many did it hurt?
2) What did you do for the people who were hurt? Is there a remedy?
They actually have to pay MORE to get LESS coverage than they had. That's part of the plan to make the figures work.
UpstateSCHokie

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

So are liberals now saying that if something only affects 5% or less of the population, then it shouldn't be an issue? If so, then why are they going out of their way to pass laws to give special privilege to gays which make up <2% of the population?

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)