Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
RiverguyVT

Please clap.

Post by RiverguyVT »

Great theater, this election cycle.

Please clap. LOL! :lol:
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Re: Please clap.

Post by awesome guy »

RiverguyVT wrote:Great theater, this election cycle.

I'm half waiting for him to resurg. I have no reason to think so other than Trump ticking more people off and so people may reevaluate their positions. The Rubio people are hilarious attempting to spin his 3rd place finish into a win. Cruz actually won and jumped the same in the polls. He's America's favorite Cuban since Ricky Ricardo.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:

I'm half waiting for him to resurg. I have no reason to think so other than Trump ticking more people off and so people may reevaluate their positions. The Rubio people are hilarious attempting to spin his 3rd place finish into a win. Cruz actually won and jumped the same in the polls. He's America's favorite Cuban since Ricky Ricardo.
Not quite ready to declare it a #LOCK like I was with Trump and Bernie, but no way Cruz wins the nomination.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Not quite ready to declare it a #LOCK like I was with Trump and Bernie, but no way Cruz wins the nomination.

sure there is, there are plenty of ways. Like him winning, like he did in Iowa.
HokieHam
Location: Kicking over crayons in a safe space for libruls....

Post by HokieHam »

Trump just seems to be going off the rails......even more lately(like going off the cliff) with his stupid comments. I'm hoping its someone other than him. It's like with Hillary.....how can you even think about voting for him after this Iowa thing and his nutty comments. How could you have considered voting for him before?......Cruz is right.....we might wake up one morning and have mushroom clouds over Denmark.
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Are you saying that Bernie a #LOCK to lose the nomination, or the general election. I agree with the latter, disagree with the former.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Are you saying that Bernie a #LOCK to lose the nomination, or the general election. I agree with the latter, disagree with the former.

So if it just happens to be Trump/Sanders, you think Trump wins?
"if you want a picture of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face-forever."

ip believes you can dial in a 78 year old man who suffers from deminishing mental function
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Post by ip_law-hokie »

HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Fair point. I retract my earlier comment.

Bernie could beat Trump. But I'd be willing to bet that Trump quits, probably a few days after Super Tuesday.

With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieHam

Post by HokieHam »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
HokieHam wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Fair point. I retract my earlier comment.

Bernie could beat Trump. But I'd be willing to bet that Trump quits, probably a few days after Super Tuesday.

im not sure he could beat him, but I do believe Trump is just looking for a way to get out of this.

awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

HokieHam wrote:im not sure he could beat him, but I do believe Trump is just looking for a way to get out of this.

Why? I get it that there are some people here (not you) that try to spin Trump into someone just looking to make a buck. But that's dumb, he already has many more billions than he would get out of this. He doesn't need what such a plan would provide. I think you have to look at him in the same light as all other politicians, as a narcissist. And in that light, he really thinks he's the best man for the job and the nation needs him.

I think there's a crazy like a fox aspect to him. Even though he has no shortage of self confidence, this is first political campaign. He's going to make mistakes as he learns politics. And that right there is what's attractive about him. He isn't a politician. He's an executive, a fantastic one. And that's why people should vote for him, because he is the anti-Obama for he is competent. He'll bring in great people that can manage the government and execute. And if they bomb, he'll fire them. He has the management experience no other candidate can match. And of course he looks like a jerk to a lot of people because of what he says, but that's also a successful way to manage.
TheH2

Post by TheH2 »

awesome guy wrote:

You don't get it because you are thinking in a vacuum. You probably thought Romney was had a shot at winning the election, or at least be close, it's the same line of thinking.

It's all about picking up the points you needed. If Cruz didn't win in Iowa, his chances at winning the election decreased significantly. Rubio did not need Iowa to have a shot at the nomination.

I would also caution on drawing too much from winning Iowa, just ask Santorum and Huckabee.
People who know, know.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

TheH2 wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

You don't get it because you are thinking in a vacuum. You probably thought Romney was had a shot at winning the election, or at least be close, it's the same line of thinking.

It's all about picking up the points you needed. If Cruz didn't win in Iowa, his chances at winning the election decreased significantly. Rubio did not need Iowa to have a shot at the nomination.

I would also caution on drawing too much from winning Iowa, just ask Santorum and Huckabee.
The circular logic is dizzying. Rubio needs a win more than Cruz or Trump, who are ahead in the polls. The only vacuum is you guys laughable spinning a Cruz victory into a Rubio victory. You're incapable of analysing the candidates as you're too biased and weasel around relevant facts.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

2008 Huckabee and 2012 Santorum like you.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

The nomination.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

2008 Huckabee and 2012 Santorum like you.
Obama 2008 likes me too. This stuff of winning really being a loss his hilarious. What's even funnier is y'all are attacking the guys in first and second place. When either of them gets out, the other one is getting the lions share of their support.
Last edited by awesome guy on Thu Feb 04, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
HokieHam wrote:im not sure he could beat him, but I do believe Trump is just looking for a way to get out of this.

Why? I get it that there are some people here (not you) that try to spin Trump into someone just looking to make a buck. But that's dumb, he already has many more billions than he would get out of this. He doesn't need what such a plan would provide. I think you have to look at him in the same light as all other politicians, as a narcissist. And in that light, he really thinks he's the best man for the job and the nation needs him.

I think there's a crazy like a fox aspect to him. Even though he has no shortage of self confidence, this is first political campaign. He's going to make mistakes as he learns politics. And that right there is what's attractive about him. He isn't a politician. He's an executive, a fantastic one. And that's why people should vote for him, because he is the anti-Obama for he is competent. He'll bring in great people that can manage the government and execute. And if they bomb, he'll fire them. He has the management experience no other candidate can match. And of course he looks like a jerk to a lot of people because of what he says, but that's also a successful way to manage.
Because running for President, and not being President, is fun for a narcissist like Trump at this stage in his life.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Because running for President, and not being President, is fun for a narcissist like Trump at this stage in his life.
Huh? That makes no sense.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:Obama 2008 likes me too. This stuff of winning really being a loss his hilarious. What's even funnier is y'all are attacking the guys in first and second place. When either of them gets out, the other one is getting the lions share of their support.
You simply aren't factoring in the historical influences of each party's primary. The GOP's tends to be influenced by the establishment, while the Dems have shown the willingness to take chances on upstarts (e.g. Bill Clinton and Obama). You're also not considering how much the establishment dislikes Cruz given his low probability to win a general election.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Running for President (being on TV all the time, rabble rousing and getting cheers from crowds, etc.) is much much different than being President for a 4-8 year period. If he took his candidacy seriously, he would've taken a more active effort in fundraising and leveraging campaign funds to his benefit.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:Obama 2008 likes me too. This stuff of winning really being a loss his hilarious. What's even funnier is y'all are attacking the guys in first and second place. When either of them gets out, the other one is getting the lions share of their support.
You simply aren't factoring in the historical influences of each party's primary. The GOP's tends to be influenced by the establishment, while the Dems have shown the willingness to take chances on upstarts (e.g. Bill Clinton and Obama). You're also not considering how much the establishment dislikes Cruz given his low probability to win a general election.
That's just babble. I recognize that being from West Virginia is considered a mental illness in 49 of 50 states and the District of Columbia, but voting is how things are decided, not yours, H2s, or the establishment's feelings.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:

Running for President (being on TV all the time, rabble rousing and getting cheers from crowds, etc.) is much much different than being President for a 4-8 year period. If he took his candidacy seriously, he would've taken a more active effort in fundraising and leveraging campaign funds to his benefit.
The guy with 10 billion dollars needs fundraising for 40, 60, 100 million? Put a little thought into this please.
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
That's just babble. I recognize that being from West Virginia is considered a mental illness in 49 of 50 states and the District of Columbia, but voting is how things are decided, not yours, H2s, or the establishment's feelings.
If you say so. Intrade doesn't exist anymore, but it sounds like you should be betting (losing) considerable money on Cruz to win the nomination. :lol:
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
If you say so. Intrade doesn't exist anymore, but it sounds like you should be betting (losing) considerable money on Cruz to win the nomination. :lol:

So now I'm losing money on a nonexistent system because of reasons? Do you realize how crazy you come across as?
nolanvt

Post by nolanvt »

awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

So now I'm losing money on a nonexistent system because of reasons? Do you realize how crazy you come across as?
There are books out there taking such bets on the nomination. Let us know how much you bet and lose on Cruz.
awesome guy

Post by awesome guy »

nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

There are books out there taking such bets on the nomination. Let us know how much you bet and lose on Cruz.
So now the zinger is not an imaginary website, but an imaginary book? Good grief, you're desperate. This is one of favorite "gotchas" from you dopey millennials. Invent a scenario, declare victory, dance like a peacock. You're a idiot.