Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

ISIS made and used mustard gas

Post by awesome guy »

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02 ... apons.html

I don't understand why we're not stomping them into the ground. They control land, have a university, and are the government of their land. Let's treat them like a nation state and destroy them. The idea of them as embedded enemy just isn't true. They killed or run off everyone not down with their brand of jihad. We should have a strategy of total annihilation, not dropping leaflets the day before giving them a warning or calling off attacks because a truck driver in the area may or may not be a terrorists too. Time to take the gloves off.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Re: ISIS made and used mustard gas

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/02 ... apons.html

I don't understand why we're not stomping them into the ground. They control land, have a university, and are the government of their land. Let's treat them like a nation state and destroy them. The idea of them as embedded enemy just isn't true. They killed or run off everyone not down with their brand of jihad. We should have a strategy of total annihilation, not dropping leaflets the day before giving them a warning or calling off attacks because a truck driver in the area may or may not be a terrorists too. Time to take the gloves off.
I've seen flag officers say the exact opposite of what you're saying in front of TV cameras. Just because it's what you believe intuitively, it doesn't make it true. The people that are in the know are saying the exact opposite. They(ISIS) are infiltrated and laying waste to all of their territory is not the answer.

Now as far as if they're making and using WMD's that could change things. But let's just not do the Iraq War thing all over again. I've seen that movie and didn't enjoy the last 3/4's of it.
awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ElbertoHokie wrote:

I've seen flag officers say the exact opposite of what you're saying in front of TV cameras. Just because it's what you believe intuitively, it doesn't make it true. The people that are in the know are saying the exact opposite. They(ISIS) are infiltrated and laying waste to all of their territory is not the answer.

Now as far as if they're making and using WMD's that could change things. But let's just not do the Iraq War thing all over again. I've seen that movie and didn't enjoy the last 3/4's of it.

So, you're lecturing based on what you saw on TV from people the Obama admin put forward and I'm the one injecting my own intuitions into this? Maybe, just maybe, I work with the DOD. I get it, you've got the answers and so can preach "the truth" because of TV, but not everyone is a minner watching MSNBC. And no, they're not all saying the exact opposite. You should get news from more sources. I'll cut ya off and proclaim that anyone who thinks ISIS is hiding in the shadows, blended into the community like Hezbollah is an awful human being. That's the millennial response, right? They've taken over many aspects of Syria and Iraq are best viewed as a nation state. Obama wants you to think otherwise as to believe crushing them is impossible.
Last edited by awesome guy on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ElbertoHokie
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Independent

Post by ElbertoHokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ElbertoHokie wrote:

So, you're lecturing based on what you saw on TV from people the Obama admin put forward and I'm the one injecting my own intuitions into this? Maybe, just maybe, I work with the DOD. I get it, you've got the answers and so can preach "the truth" because of TV, but not everyone is a minner watching MSNBC. And no, they're not all saying the exact opposite. You should get news from more sources. I'll cut ya off and proclaim that anyone who thinks ISIS is hiding in the shadows, blended into the community like Hezbollah is an awful human being. That's the millennial response, right? They've taken over enter aspects of Syria and Iraq are best viewed as a nation state. Obama wants you to think otherwise as to believe crushing them is impossible.
Millienial scum all the way. Guilty and proud.