NYC is going 3rd world

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
UpstateSCHokie

NYC is going 3rd world

Post by UpstateSCHokie »

What a cess pool of filth and debauchery that place has become since Giuliani left office. New Yorkers get the government they deserve.

And people squeal when Ted Cruz talks about "New York values?" Its New York values that enables a commie like De Blasio to become mayor, and sChmuck Schumer to become Senator.

======================
February 9, 2016
New York is falling down
By David Lawrence

Tonight I walked onto the subway and saw the car was half-empty because a stinking bum was lying on a seat, and no one wanted to smell him.

Rome fell. New York is falling down. It is filled with illegalities and filth as a result of the good intentions and failed ideas of liberals. Politicians pretend to want the best while they deliver the worst.

De Blasio and New York City Council speaker Melissa Mark-Mark-Vivirito have decriminalized public urination and quality-of-life offenses. Are they kidding? De-civilizing a beautiful city is not a positive. It is a fall from grace.

The Broken Windows theory states that small crimes lead to major crimes. De Blasio and Mark-Vivirito should study sociology. Their ignorance is ruining our city.

They pretend to be kind to the poor while they destroy their lives and leave them scantily clothed with no toilet paper on street corners. They whisper sweet things in bums ears while they throw their lives into sewers.

De Blasio and Mark-Vivirito want to lower the quality of life in New York. They are doing a good job at making New York into a third-world country.

When I get on a subway, there are small Mexican bands singing and break-dancers stepping on my feet. I don't interfere with their solitude; why should they bother me? And I'm supposed to tip them for failing to entertain me?

There are bums underground moaning that they were injured in the war and that they're hungry veterans. Hey, if I were hard up and couldn't afford a burger, I wouldn't ask them to buy it for me. When I lost a multimillion-dollar business and went to jail, I didn't ask favors from strangers. I accepted my failure and did my best to put my life together.

I didn't cry for losing millions. The tramps complain if you don't give them a dollar.

Another thing that bothers me is allowing bikes on trains. If these environmentally oriented bike riders want to keep the world clean, they should ride in the streets. I am sick of their taking up an inordinate amount of space in the subway cars. There is no law against it, but there should be.

Mark-vivirito wants to make drinking alcohol legal in the streets, encouraging us to violence and endangering those who are not drunks to get drunk.

Mark-Mark-Vivirito and de Blasio feel that black and Hispanic New Yorkers are arrested at a disproportionate rate. Not true. Minorities are committing crimes at a disproportionate rate and are being arrested proportionately to their actual crimes.

I do not understand the new sympathy toward crooks. Even Obama wants to let nonviolent crooks out of jail. I went to jail for tax evasion. It was a non-violent crime. I still deserved to go.

Sympathy for nonviolent criminals is a joke. It's politicians trying to win the criminal vote. It's drunks and petty thieves laughing at our ridiculous sympathy for them. It's liberals pretending that they are sympathetic to personalities that they don't understand.

Mark-Vivirito and de Blasio want to make the lives of the lawbreakers sweeter at the expense of the moral backbone of the good citizens who make the city work. New York is falling down around us. Shame on the politicians who excuse criminals in order to make themselves feel like kind, empathetic leaders. In the meantime, they make it easier for good citizens to get mugged.

Politicians fail because they try mistakenly to succeed with confused attitudes. They know that what they do is stupid, but they do it anyhow because it sounds good.

Read more: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... z3zlaTZCPN

“Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.” ― Voltaire (1694 – 1778)
ip_law-hokie
Alma Mater: Manchester

Re: NYC is going 3rd world

Post by ip_law-hokie »

I'm not a Di Blasio fan, and did not vote for him. But this article is really stupid.
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HokieFanDC

Post by HokieFanDC »

ip_law-hokie wrote:I'm not a Di Blasio fan, and did not vote for him. But this article is really stupid.
It's clear the writer has never been to a 3rd world country, or to NYC 20 years ago. The article is meant for LIVs that want to hate NY, and this reinforces their emotional needs.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

UpstateSCHokie wrote:And people squeal when Ted Cruz talks about "New York values?"
Most of us know what he meant when he said "New York values".

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Bay_area_Hokie
Alma Mater: VT
Party: Surprise Party

Post by Bay_area_Hokie »

Yeah, the subway is dirty but it is in every city in the US. Too many homeless people living in them. I go to NYC often for work. I think it is its own planet. I like it. It has a pulse that thumps.
“With God there are only individuals” - Philosopher Nicolas Gomez Davila
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:
UpstateSCHokie wrote:And people squeal when Ted Cruz talks about "New York values?"

What did it mean to you?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
fatman

Post by fatman »

I agree with Bay Area. Just like every major city, you can find homeless and bums, but I pity Low Info's that actually believe the entire city is overrun with homeless people. I had an amazing steak dinner in NYC last night. It will probably shock UpState, but there were zero homeless people or cases of urination in public.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

fatman wrote:I agree with Bay Area. Just like every major city, you can find homeless and bums, but I pity Low Info's that actually believe the entire city is overrun with homeless people. I had an amazing steak dinner in NYC last night. It will probably shock UpState, but there were zero homeless people or cases of urination in public.
Where did you go?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
With their Cap’n and Chief Intelligence Officer having deserted them, River, Ham and Joe valiantly continue their whataboutismistic last stand of the DJT apology tour.
HooFighter
Party: all the time

Post by HooFighter »

HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

What did it mean to you?
Don't try to be coy. You know exactly what it means.
Ted Cruz wrote:“For him (Trump) to make this attack, to use a New York term, it’s the height of chutzpah.”
Chutzpah is a Yiddish term (and I'm not offended by him using it) - it's not a New York term.

Donald Trump is a stupid man's idea of a smart man, a poor man's idea of a rich man, and a weak man's idea of a strong man.
Major Kong
Alma Mater: Ferrum VT ASU
Party: Independent

Post by Major Kong »

I like NYC...I actually like the whole State of NY...I could dig living on Lake Champlain somewhere around Westport. :)
I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

What did it mean to you?
Ted Cruz wrote:“For him (Trump) to make this attack, to use a New York term, it’s the height of chutzpah.”
Chutzpah is a Yiddish term (and I'm not offended by him using it) - it's not a New York term.
You're the only one being coy.
Pretty simple question. Give it a shot.
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
HokieJoe
Alma Mater: Virginia Tech
Party: Eclectic

Post by HokieJoe »

HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

What did it mean to you?

Actually no, I don't. So, what it is?
"I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." - Thomas Jefferson
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

What did it mean to you?
I'll give it a shot: easy access to abortions, cocaine off naked ladies, infidelity, disrespect to anything but money, rampant homeless pissing.

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote:

What did it mean to you?
I'll give it a shot: easy access to abortions, cocaine off naked ladies, infidelity, disrespect to anything but money, rampant homeless pissing.

Yep, typical Yankee
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
HooFighter wrote: Most of us know what he meant when he said "New York values".

What did it mean to you?

Yep, typical Yankee
The typical Yankee does blow off strippers and is homeless?

awesome guy
Party: After 10

Post by awesome guy »

ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote:
HokieJoe wrote:
What did it mean to you?

Yep, typical Yankee

Only if it's a same-sex stripper.
Unvaccinated,. mask free, and still alive.
ip_law-hokie

Post by ip_law-hokie »

awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
awesome guy wrote:
ip_law-hokie wrote:
RiverguyVT wrote:
HooFighter wrote: Don't try to be coy. You know exactly what it means.

Yep, typical Yankee

Only if it's a same-sex stripper.
Fair point.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

More importantly, IP, how do the Mets look for the coming spring/summer?
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
ip_law-hokie

NYC is going 3rd world

Post by ip_law-hokie »

RiverguyVT wrote:More importantly, IP, how do the Mets look for the coming spring/summer?
Sports pope just said Mets are going to win it all. I think they have as good of a shot as anyone - all depends on whether we can find (or already have) bullpen depth.