The media is so lazy in their reporting sometimes

Your Virginia Tech Politics and Religion source
Forum rules
Be Civil. Go Hokies.
nolanvt
Alma Mater: Marshall Univ.

The media is so lazy in their reporting sometimes

Post by nolanvt »

Dalton never showed any signs of violence around neighbors.

"The guy was a family man that for all intents and purposes seemed to stick with his family," said Gary Pardo Jr., whose parents live across the street from Dalton in Kalamazoo Township.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/6eb18d6f ... s-violence
This is basically the template for every story ever about a(n alleged) criminal. Have unsuspecting neighbors say the guy was nice, did neighborly things, and then proceed on with the rest of the story about how horrific the guy is.
Fully vaccinated, still not dead
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Re: The media is so lazy in their reporting sometimes

Post by Hokie CPA »

Yeah, and I'm not so sure the neighbor wasn't mis-quoted there. He most likely said, 'for all intensive purposes.' :mrgreen:
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.

RiverguyVT

Post by RiverguyVT »

nolanvt wrote:

"The guy was a family man that for all intents and purposes seemed to stick with his family," said Gary Pardo Jr., whose parents live across the street from Dalton in Kalamazoo Township.

This is basically the template for every story ever about a(n alleged) criminal. Have unsuspecting neighbors say the guy was nice, did neighborly things, and then proceed on with the rest of the story about how horrific the guy is.

It has long been obvious to me that the media's left-lean is due in no small part to laziness. It is easier to "feel" than it is to "think".
So I put (the dead dog) on her doorstep!
Salute the Marines
Soon we'll have planes that fly 22000 mph
"#PedoPete" = Hunter's name for his dad.
miles

Post by miles »

RiverguyVT wrote:
nolanvt wrote:

It has long been obvious to me that the media's left-lean is due in no small part to laziness. It is easier to "feel" than it is to "think".
They just want to "make a difference".
Hokie CPA
Alma Mater: Norfolk Academy to Virginia Tech
Party: I reject your party

Post by Hokie CPA »

That's not their job.
I don't care if you're a Democrat or a Republican... if you refuse to consider alternatives to the two parties, you support the Status Quo and you are a major part of the problem.